More MMA media acting as social justice warriors - what is wrong with these people?

Well sadly I will have to claim ignorance here because I honestly didn't know SJW was a movement. I thought SJW was a term coined by people to describe others, not that there were those who identified as such. Obviously I find the things you pointed to disgusting and deplorable. No matter how bigoted I think someone is they never deserve to have their private personal space nor their intellectual space violated. Also to be clear I don't think saying there are only two genders is bigoted, I just disagree with it and think it isn't helping to further love and acceptance. It sounds like I don't really know or relate to the people you would call SJW in action but maybe in thought? I don't really know. Again I don't know the complexities of the term SJW all that well as I try to avoid a lot of the bashing as it depresses me.

I have been called a SJW more times than I can count. I don't know if I fall into that category but it upset me because it was based solely on my beliefs which in essence are to love everyone and my actions never extent beyond that. I get frustrated when people group together the issues of oppression that are very real with some group of people that they feel are acting like victims and being aggressive about it. It distracts from the issue and isn't necessary in my opinion. But ultimately I can only speak from my place of knowledge on the subject of SJW which is very limited so I concede that my original post may have been hasty or ill advised. I don't wish ill will towards anyone who finds those they think of as SJWs annoying, I just don't like labels. I get too sensitive about it though which is my problem.
if you ever have the time for it, you can watch sargon of akkad's series on why people hate feminism. it would help you understand where most of us are coming from.

if you ever have the time for it, you can watch sargon of akkad's series on why people hate feminism. it would help you understand where most of us are coming from.

Maybe I will at some point. I think I know why people hate feminists to an extent being as it one of the things I am most passionate about and have studied for a lot of my life. I think having me watch that would be like me asking you to read the SCUM manifesto for you to understand why feminists hate men. But I don't think that's fair. I think in a lot of feminists there is an inherent hatred of men, I can admit that. I don't necessarily think that is a great sin though depending on how it manifests itself. I don't hate the men I meet but maybe deep down I hate the concept of them. Which is to say having a background of abuse et al makes me weary and maybe deep down angry (which I don't like to admit).

Sometimes I think the idea of groups in general is kind of toxic. I can only speak for myself and I would hope my leftist views aren't reason enough to hate me (believe me you can find other good ones :p). I think that hmm, I guess it's like being lumped into something I don't think represents feminism hurts me. But at the same time I recognize I can too often lump people into a group of bigots when I see them doing something I don't like. That is a sign of my mental weakness and insecurity of course and I try not to do it. In the end we all have work to do to coexist maybe. I will check out those videos sometime if I want to feel low lol...thank you.

Maybe I will at some point. I think I know why people hate feminists to an extent being as it one of the things I am most passionate about and have studied for a lot of my life. I think having me watch that would be like me asking you to read the SCUM manifesto for you to understand why feminists hate men. But I don't think that's fair. I think in a lot of feminists there is an inherent hatred of men, I can admit that. I don't necessarily think that is a great sin though depending on how it manifests itself. I don't hate the men I meet but maybe deep down I hate the concept of them. Which is to say having a background of abuse et al makes me weary and maybe deep down angry (which I don't like to admit).

Sometimes I think the idea of groups in general is kind of toxic. I can only speak for myself and I would hope my leftist views aren't reason enough to hate me (believe me you can find other good ones :p). I think that hmm, I guess it's like being lumped into something I don't think represents feminism hurts me. But at the same time I recognize I can too often lump people into a group of bigots when I see them doing something I don't like. That is a sign of my mental weakness and insecurity of course and I try not to do it. In the end we all have work to do to coexist maybe. I will check out those videos sometime if I want to feel low lol...thank you.
interestingly, the first video of the series goes over the SCUM manifesto. why do you hate the concept of men? what would you think of someone who hates the concept of women? certainly no one wants to be labeled and hated for being who they are.

I agree group mentality is the worst. I am a leftist as well, but many of my ideas can be labeled as right wing. as to the video, I definitely wouldn't expect you to watch it but different ideas from your own shouldn't make you feel low. your ideas are only any good if you let them be challenged and you still like them afterwards.

I'm sorry about your history of abuse. I lost my virginity before I hit puberty and it left a permanent mark in me, but I love all the women in my life. I wouldn't let my past dictate what I think of people that did nothing wrong to me.

Well sadly I will have to claim ignorance here because I honestly didn't know SJW was a movement. I thought SJW was a term coined by people to describe others, not that there were those who identified as such. Obviously I find the things you pointed to disgusting and deplorable. No matter how bigoted I think someone is they never deserve to have their private personal space nor their intellectual space violated. Also to be clear I don't think saying there are only two genders is bigoted, I just disagree with it and think it isn't helping to further love and acceptance. It sounds like I don't really know or relate to the people you would call SJW in action but maybe in thought? I don't really know. Again I don't know the complexities of the term SJW all that well as I try to avoid a lot of the bashing as it depresses me.

I have been called a SJW more times than I can count. I don't know if I fall into that category but it upset me because it was based solely on my beliefs which in essence are to love everyone and my actions never extent beyond that. I get frustrated when people group together the issues of oppression that are very real with some group of people that they feel are acting like victims and being aggressive about it. It distracts from the issue and isn't necessary in my opinion. But ultimately I can only speak from my place of knowledge on the subject of SJW which is very limited so I concede that my original post may have been hasty or ill advised. I don't wish ill will towards anyone who finds those they think of as SJWs annoying, I just don't like labels. I get too sensitive about it though which is my problem.

A lot of it is opinion and a lot of it remains undefined, so it's not really cut and dry. If that's all you're about (love everyone etc), then you and I have no real issues. We might disagree about whether 'x' is really a problem, how much of a problem it is, and how to solve the problem, but I don't actually oppose what it is you're looking for.

interestingly, the first video of the series goes over the SCUM manifesto. why do you hate the concept of men? what would you think of someone who hates the concept of women? certainly no one wants to be labeled and hated for being who they are.

I agree group mentality is the worst. I am a leftist as well, but many of my ideas can be labeled as right wing. as to the video, I definitely wouldn't expect you to watch it but different ideas from your own shouldn't make you feel low. your ideas are only any good if you let them be challenged and you still like them afterwards.

I'm sorry about your history of abuse. I lost my virginity before I hit puberty and it left a permanent mark in me, but I love all the women in my life. I wouldn't let my past dictate what I think of people that did nothing wrong to me.
Hmm, well for reasons that are deeply embedded in me and are completely unfair to the vast majority of men. I don't say it as something logically, I just wanted to be honest. It speaks more to my inability to get over hurdles I suppose and overall weakness in a sense. I could expand upon the reasons why in a more private space but for here and now I will just sight scars as well. And I do apologize for yours, that sounds awful.

I have dealt with people who do hate the concept of women and mostly I find myself feeling bad for them as there is usually a traumatic event or deep seeded childhood pattern that cause it. I wouldn't judge them or think they are evil but I might avoid them if I didn't think I could help. I try not to look down at anyone for how they think, although I can have my weaknesses there. To be clear though I would never label all men nor hate them in particular I just mean that I think in a sense deep down there is something that makes me recoil...which again is my problem, no one elses.

A lot of it is opinion and a lot of it remains undefined, so it's not really cut and dry. If that's all you're about (love everyone etc), then you and I have no real issues. We might disagree about whether 'x' is really a problem, how much of a problem it is, and how to solve the problem, but I don't actually oppose what it is you're looking for.
Well I certainly try to make that be what I'm about. I didn't think we did really have an issue (outside of you saying you hate me saturday :p). I do think people with my far left leanings too often group others into a pile of angry bigots that want to hurt and oppress when that isn't the case. I didn't mean to do that here, was just trying to express something or other that I forgot now hah.

Well I certainly try to make that be what I'm about. I didn't think we did really have an issue (outside of you saying you hate me saturday :p). I do think people with my far left leanings too often group others into a pile of angry bigots that want to hurt and oppress when that isn't the case. I didn't mean to do that here, was just trying to express something or other that I forgot now hah.

I was probably talking about that Grimes music.

<36>

Hmm, well for reasons that are deeply embedded in me and are completely unfair to the vast majority of men. I don't say it as something logically, I just wanted to be honest. It speaks more to my inability to get over hurdles I suppose and overall weakness in a sense. I could expand upon the reasons why in a more private space but for here and now I will just sight scars as well. And I do apologize for yours, that sounds awful.

I have dealt with people who do hate the concept of women and mostly I find myself feeling bad for them as there is usually a traumatic event or deep seeded childhood pattern that cause it. I wouldn't judge them or think they are evil but I might avoid them if I didn't think I could help. I try not to look down at anyone for how they think, although I can have my weaknesses there. To be clear though I would never label all men nor hate them in particular I just mean that I think in a sense deep down there is something that makes me recoil...which again is my problem, no one elses.
that's fine. like coolidge I respect your personal view and I think we can all safely say you're not a SJW. I understand a lot of radical feminists have a history of abuse as well. as I said in another thread, I've been a feminist until I saw feminists employing bully tactics and shitting on people I care for. I'm sure if you had my life experience, you would feel the same way. maybe if I had yours, I'd have your point of view. but it's important that you challenge your beliefs. I've been wrong enough times to know that by now.

I don't think he's talking about recruiting by some third party, I think he's saying the preschool itself as part of an activity let all the boys play a sport, and instead of having the girls play, the only option for the girls was to cheerlead the boys

I would be pretty annoyed myself. Luckily my son is a White male so I don't have to worry about anything and he can raise himself...unless all those SJWs start changing society! Fuuuuck! I have to war against social justice warriors now! They are all PUSSIES cause I'm scared they will take things away from my white son!!!!!?!?

Ahhh. Makes sense.
I'd be angry too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back