More MMA media acting as social justice warriors - what is wrong with these people?

People who whine about SJWs are just as worse as SJW.

Anyone that offends your delicate sensibilities is either a SJW, a libtard or a cuntservative.

Anyone who whines about people who whine about SJWs are just as worse as SJWs and people who whine about SJWs.

Whats wrong with this exactly. Its rather insane to recruit preschoolers I hardly believe him anyway.
I don't think he's talking about recruiting by some third party, I think he's saying the preschool itself as part of an activity let all the boys play a sport, and instead of having the girls play, the only option for the girls was to cheerlead the boys

I would be pretty annoyed myself. Luckily my son is a White male so I don't have to worry about anything and he can raise himself...unless all those SJWs start changing society! Fuuuuck! I have to war against social justice warriors now! They are all PUSSIES cause I'm scared they will take things away from my white son!!!!!?!?

This is a poor example of SJW activity, though, TS.

It's so strange when people get offended about those they label as SJW supposedly getting offended. Even stranger is that it's somehow a bad thing to want equality, love, and acceptance. It's almost like those people are jealous of empathy so they have to search out those who have it and then poke at them. In regards to the issue in the OP I don't understand why anyone would find an issue with that. You can keep promoting socially engrained negative stigmas such as girls can only do cheerleading if you want but to be upset that others don't feel the same way is childish. Here you are complaining that someone wants their daughter to be able to aspire to more than you think she should. Maybe the problem lies with you.

SJWs don't promote equality, love, and acceptance. The exact opposite is the case. When Black Lives Matter demands affirmative action and separate spaces for black students, that's not advocating equality. When feminists throw urine on Lauren Southern, that's not advocating love. When SJWs label a black Trump supporter a c00n and threaten to kill him, that's not acceptance.

Anyone who whines about people who whine about SJWs are just as worse as SJWs and people who whine about SJWs.

Anyone who whines about people who whine about people who whine sbout SJWs are just as worse as SJWs and people who whine about SJWs and people who whine about people who whine about people who whine about SJWs

Anyone who whines about people who whine about people who whine sbout SJWs are just as worse as SJWs and people who whine about SJWs and people who whine about people who whine about people who whine about SJWs

Knew it was coming.

<41>

They comb the internet, looking for reasons to be offended, every bit as much as they claim minorities and feminists do. They're the opposite side of the same coin. Hypocrites.
No, it's just that you libs have gotten used to having your way all the time and now people clearly see what a failure that mentality is.

Almost like it should be a "privilege" to be a liberal lol!

Because everyone in the media thinks being a SJW is their cause like they have some type of higher calling. It's mostly just hubris.

Shouldn't girls who want to be cheerleaders be free to be cheerleaders if they want to? Fuck parents who stifle their children.

SJWs don't promote equality, love, and acceptance. The exact opposite is the case. When Black Lives Matter demands affirmative action and separate spaces for black students, that's not advocating equality. When feminists throw urine on Lauren Southern, that's not advocating love. When SJWs label a black Trump supporter a c00n and threaten to kill him, that's not acceptance.
Well considering a SJW isn't an actual thing we can't really agree to what constitutes as such. If you want to use SJWs as a catchall for the extremely rare outer limits of liberal groups that do in fact promote the things I said they do then okay. You hate feminist and I am one so it's going to be hard to bridge that gap in any meaningful way. All I can say is that in my mind the work a good feminist does is to stamp out misogyny, institutional or otherwise, which in turn does promote acceptance and love. Some feminists go over the top to expose people they count as bigots. Personally I'd never touch, harass, or engage with anyone that I found hateful beyond a certain point. So there are two extremes, obviously.

The example of Lauren Southern is an interesting one and the only one I can expand upon because I don't know much about BLM nor do I understand how Trump supporters are relevant here. It is my understanding that she said there are only two genders which upset some women who threw urine at her. Is that right? This is a case where obviously the women throwing the urine were in the wrong. However, that doesn't make me want to stamp my feet and whine about all of feminism or to say that oppression doesn't exist. It merely points out the people that did that were acting in a negative and hateful way. Saying there are only two genders doesn't promote acceptance, saying there are as many genders as there are people does. The actions of the people who say each are independent of the stances.

Anyway, I'm sure this is going to get a lot of hate but I hope I didn't come across as hostile. I am just trying to explain my position. I respect yours as always and understand where you are coming from.

all true. I've been called a SJW more than once on sherdog, and you know I'm far from it. what TS is doing is a disservice. it makes SJWs appear reasonable when they're far from it. it makes people who complain about the real thing look like idiot edgy kids on an internet witch hunt.

Why is social justice warrior an insult. Think about that a bit

its an insult because you don't even realize how it originated

it was made to mock people who spend all day acting like an activist on tumblr, not people who just voice their opinion.

the internet has way too liberally started using it to mean anything other than "socially conservative"

The worst thing that I've heard Fowlkes say is when he white knights for female MMA fighters occasionally. Like when he took umbrage at the marketing for the straw weight female TUF that used videos of the female fighters in sexy dresses. News flash, Ben: lots of women like being thought of a sexy and love getting attention because of that (Felice Herring, looking at you).

This is pretty mild, OP. If you want a really annoying SJW in MMA, read some of the crap from Fowlkes' buddy Danny Downes in their Trading Shots column.

Typical Trading Shots piece:

Ben: That was a pretty bad beating that fighter took last night, Danny.

Danny: Yeah, but not as bad as the collective societal beating that black people have received over the past 200 years in this country! Also, I'm going to respond like a massive prick to all the points you make, Ben.

Well considering a SJW isn't an actual thing we can't really agree to what constitutes as such. If you want to use SJWs as a catchall for the extremely rare outer limits of liberal groups that do in fact promote the things I said they do then okay. You hate feminist and I am one so it's going to be hard to bridge that gap in any meaningful way. All I can say is that in my mind the work a good feminist does is to stamp out misogyny, institutional or otherwise, which in turn does promote acceptance and love. Some feminists go over the top to expose people they count as bigots. Personally I'd never touch, harass, or engage with anyone that I found hateful beyond a certain point. So there are two extremes, obviously.

Hate is far too strong a word to describe my opinion of the group in its entirety. I wouldn't even say I hate Anita Sarkeesian, and she's by far one of the most off-putting feminists of all. I dislike the ideology and think its followers are misguided, but I don't hate them. 'I'd never touch, harass...' I wish every human being took the same approach to statements and people with whom they disagree. That's all I have to say on that issue, because you and I fundamentally don't agree on this particular issue.

The example of Lauren Southern is an interesting one and the only one I can expand upon because I don't know much about BLM nor do I understand how Trump supporters are relevant here. It is my understanding that she said there are only two genders which upset some women who threw urine at her. Is that right? This is a case where obviously the women throwing the urine were in the wrong. However, that doesn't make me want to stamp my feet and whine about all of feminism or to say that oppression doesn't exist. It merely points out the people that did that were acting in a negative and hateful way. Saying there are only two genders doesn't promote acceptance, saying there are as many genders as there are people does. The actions of the people who say each are independent of the stances

You have the story right. The other members of the crowd were unsympathetic and I distinctly remember clapping or cheering after the fact. Violent behavior isn't some sort of anomaly within the SJW movement, either. It's incredibly common. Did you happen to see what happen to the people in San Jose that dared express support for a particular candidate? They were beaten and brutalized by a giant mob of people that identify with the SJW cause. There is no parallel event on the opposite side of the aisle, where a group gathered en masse to beat, spit on, egg, and otherwise assault SJWs -- not in recent American history at least. SJWs should consider focusing more on diversity of opinion and thought than just skin color, gender, sexuality, etc. And speaking of acceptance: Do you recall the part where Lauren Southern brought up some of the less mainstream predilections? The SJWs became a lot less accepting when it came to them. The one woman looked insulted at the mere suggestion that 'x' group had as much legitimacy as 'y'.

Anyway, I'm sure this is going to get a lot of hate but I hope I didn't come across as hostile. I am just trying to explain my position. I respect yours as always and understand where you are coming from.

As do I.

Last edited:
if my daughters only option in school was to be a cheerleader for the boys, I'd have a fucking fit. If shes chooses to be a cheerleader? Fine by me, but only giving girls the option to dance and look pretty for the boys is total bullshit.

Why is social justice warrior an insult. Think about that a bit

That's the equivalent of asking why is 'men's rights activist' considered an insult.

Nothing is inherently wrong with defending men's rights, is it? But that's a disingenuous way to look at it. There's a lot more beneath the surface of a name. That especially applies to Black Lives Matter.

all true. I've been called a SJW more than once on sherdog, and you know I'm far from it. what TS is doing is a disservice. it makes SJWs appear reasonable when they're far from it. it makes people who complain about the real thing look like idiot edgy kids on an internet witch hunt.

I think I called you one a long time ago.

<41>

I get the opposite treatment. I get lumped in with Trump, though I've never said a positive word about him ever. And yeah, I agree with you. As I said on page 1, this is a bad example of SJW behavior. It's not an example at all, actually. His second to last Luke thread was legitimate, but this is a nothingburger.

Hate is far too strong a word to describe my opinion of the group in its entirety. I wouldn't even say I hate Anita Sarkeesian, and she's by far one of the most off-putting feminists of all. I dislike the ideology and think its followers are misguided, but I don't hate them. 'I'd never touch, harass...' I wish every human being took the same approach to statements and people with whom they disagree. That's all I have to say on that issue, because you and I fundamentally don't agree on this particular issue.

You have the story right. The other members of the crowd were unsympathetic and I distinctly remember clapping or cheering after the fact. Violent behavior isn't some sort of anomaly within the SJW movement, either. It's incredibly common. Did you happen to see what happen to the people in San Jose that dared express support for a particular candidate? They were beaten and brutalized by a giant mob of people that identify with the SJW cause. There is no parallel event on the opposite side of the aisle, where a group gathered en masse to beat, spit on, and otherwise assault SJWs -- not in recent American history at least. SJWs should consider focusing more on diversity of opinion and thought than just skin color, gender, sexuality, etc. And speaking of acceptance: Do you recall the part where Lauren Southern brought up some of the less mainstream predilections? The SJWs became a lot less accepting when it came to them. The one woman looked insulted at the mere suggestion that 'x' group had as much legitimacy as 'y'.

As do I.
Well sadly I will have to claim ignorance here because I honestly didn't know SJW was a movement. I thought SJW was a term coined by people to describe others, not that there were those who identified as such. Obviously I find the things you pointed to disgusting and deplorable. No matter how bigoted I think someone is they never deserve to have their private personal space nor their intellectual space violated. Also to be clear I don't think saying there are only two genders is bigoted, I just disagree with it and think it isn't helping to further love and acceptance. It sounds like I don't really know or relate to the people you would call SJW in action but maybe in thought? I don't really know. Again I don't know the complexities of the term SJW all that well as I try to avoid a lot of the bashing as it depresses me.

I have been called a SJW more times than I can count. I don't know if I fall into that category but it upset me because it was based solely on my beliefs which in essence are to love everyone and my actions never extent beyond that. I get frustrated when people group together the issues of oppression that are very real with some group of people that they feel are acting like victims and being aggressive about it. It distracts from the issue and isn't necessary in my opinion. But ultimately I can only speak from my place of knowledge on the subject of SJW which is very limited so I concede that my original post may have been hasty or ill advised. I don't wish ill will towards anyone who finds those they think of as SJWs annoying, I just don't like labels. I get too sensitive about it though which is my problem.

Back