1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

More and more I am excited for McGregor vs Masvidal but...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Venom, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Venom Lurker since '09

...given the range of options Mac has after this spectacular win, I think it sadly won't happen.

Great matchups for entertainment value have never been his thing.

I think it would be fireworks. Two excellent boxers and dynamic offensive forces clashing.

Wait...that whole BMF belt wasn't just a JOKE was it?? I've been out of the loop about it, but it sounded like a joke.

2. Sean0 Orange Belt

If Conor beats Masvidal he deserves a Khabib rematch

3. aokimasaru Green Belt

No. I think Conor needs the BMF belt to get more legitimacy for the real 155 belt. But I think Masvidal will win against Conor so maybe he'll fight someone else.

4. dominion Yellow Card Yellow Card

Masvidal will piece up usman first then Conor will beat him to take the BMF and WW. This sets up a rematch with khabib. The plan is to have ALL THE BELTS

5. Mortal Wombat Banned Banned

He also needs to beat 2 sexual assault investigations.

6. Venom Lurker since '09

It looks funny on paper, but I think it could very well happen under the right circumstances.

I think all those fights end in decision.

7. K-Town Punk The MaSheen

The BMF belt was the biggest joke in MMA history. It's worth no more than any victory over Nate Diaz, and I believe about 40% of the people he fought have beaten Nate Diaz so that doesn't say too much. The appeal in a McGregor vs Masvidal fight is not a BMF belt, it's the fact that Conor would have to test himself against the guy who is just behind Woodley and Edwards regarding legitimacy to claim a challenge for the welterweight belt in the near future. Now if the UFC were to not rush things and throw a real titleshot at Conor after one win against Cowboy, who is coming off two losses we need to remember, or if McGregor himself says he'd rather test himself against top competition before attempting another title shot against either of the world class grapplers that are currently holding the LW and WW championships, then Masvidal is overall the best fight they could set up at 170. At 155 it would be Gaethje. Depends on where Conor wants to go next.

8. dominion Yellow Card Yellow Card

I wasn't joking. That's what he's planning for sure