More and more I am excited for McGregor vs Masvidal but...

Venom

Lurker since '09
@Silver
Reaction score
...given the range of options Mac has after this spectacular win, I think it sadly won't happen.

Great matchups for entertainment value have never been his thing.

I think it would be fireworks. Two excellent boxers and dynamic offensive forces clashing.

Wait...that whole BMF belt wasn't just a JOKE was it?? I've been out of the loop about it, but it sounded like a joke.

If Conor beats Masvidal he deserves a Khabib rematch

No. I think Conor needs the BMF belt to get more legitimacy for the real 155 belt. But I think Masvidal will win against Conor so maybe he'll fight someone else.

Masvidal will piece up usman first then Conor will beat him to take the BMF and WW. This sets up a rematch with khabib. The plan is to have ALL THE BELTS

Masvidal will piece up usman first then Conor will beat him to take the BMF and WW. This sets up a rematch with khabib. The plan is to have ALL THE BELTS

It looks funny on paper, but I think it could very well happen under the right circumstances.

I think all those fights end in decision.

The BMF belt was the biggest joke in MMA history. It's worth no more than any victory over Nate Diaz, and I believe about 40% of the people he fought have beaten Nate Diaz so that doesn't say too much. The appeal in a McGregor vs Masvidal fight is not a BMF belt, it's the fact that Conor would have to test himself against the guy who is just behind Woodley and Edwards regarding legitimacy to claim a challenge for the welterweight belt in the near future. Now if the UFC were to not rush things and throw a real titleshot at Conor after one win against Cowboy, who is coming off two losses we need to remember, or if McGregor himself says he'd rather test himself against top competition before attempting another title shot against either of the world class grapplers that are currently holding the LW and WW championships, then Masvidal is overall the best fight they could set up at 170. At 155 it would be Gaethje. Depends on where Conor wants to go next.

It looks funny on paper, but I think it could very well happen under the right circumstances.

I think all those fights end in decision.
I wasn't joking. That's what he's planning for sure

Back