Movies MORBIUS Starring Jared Leto (First Reactions; In Theaters April 1, 2022)

If you have seen MORBIUS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Sony's "Spider-verse" is a terrible idea. Besides Venom, few Spidery-adjacent characters can carry their own movie. The longer they try to float these movies without Spider Man the deeper into the bag they'll have to go and the less interesting the films will become.

The only exception I'd like to see was a book from years back called The Superior Foes of Spider Man. That title was funny as hell.

Sony's "Spider-verse" is a terrible idea. Besides Venom, few Spidery-adjacent characters can carry their own movie. The longer they try to float these movies without Spider Man the deeper into the bag they'll have to go and the less interesting the films will become.

The only exception I'd like to see was a book from years back called The Superior Foes of Spider Man. That title was funny as hell.
I want a White Rabbit and Walrus teamup movie

277766619_7209518985786567_9097539489334657636_n.jpg

Damn I haven’t seen this negative a reaction to marvel. Was excited but now I’m nervous I’ll hate it

I saw it yesterday and it was not bad.

Granted I'm not invested in marvel and the movies at all - beyond just watching them once and moving on.

Gave it an 8/10 just based on the fact that it kept my attention and I did not doze off like in other marvel movies.

For some reason I kept thinking lost boys meets blade.

I went to see it on Saturday, I had only slept 3 hours the previous night, it was already 10:30pm and after the movies we still had to go to diner and do a couple things... so while I was watching the movie I was extremely tired and since I got a membership and I could come back to watch it again I said...f..it! Im just going to take a nap right here

So I probably watched the first 30-40 minutes and then the last 10 minutes....now I had already heard some of the hating on the movie however as I was going to sleep I remember thinking "this movie isnt that bad, I mean it was pretty OK, Im going to sleep because Im tired not because its boring" then I woke up and the ending wasnt bad either

So I was walking out of the theater I told my wife... hey I know I slept through most of it but this movie wasnt bad, the beginning was interesting and the ending was pretty good too.... and then she proceeded to tell me she could understand why a lot of people didnt like it, among other things she said some parts didnt make sense, didnt follow a logic, she thought Leto was not a good hero because she didnt feel he connected to an audience, the love angle didnt make sense either, the only think she thought was all right was the antagonist, the bad guy... lol so there you go, I still think the beginning was pretty good, I was into the story, maybe the middle part is what ruined it all

I went to see it on Saturday, I had only slept 3 hours the previous night, it was already 10:30pm and after the movies we still had to go to diner and do a couple things... so while I was watching the movie I was extremely tired and since I got a membership and I could come back to watch it again I said...f..it! Im just going to take a nap right here

So I probably watched the first 30-40 minutes and then the last 10 minutes....now I had already heard some of the hating on the movie however as I was going to sleep I remember thinking "this movie isnt that bad, I mean it was pretty OK, Im going to sleep because Im tired not because its boring" then I woke up and the ending wasnt bad either

So I was walking out of the theater I told my wife... hey I know I slept through most of it but this movie wasnt bad, the beginning was interesting and the ending was pretty good too.... and then she proceeded to tell me she could understand why a lot of people didnt like it, among other things she said some parts didnt make sense, didnt follow a logic, she thought Leto was not a good hero because she didnt feel he connected to an audience, the love angle didnt make sense either, the only think she thought was all right was the antagonist, the bad guy... lol so there you go, I still think the beginning was pretty good, I was into the story, maybe the middle part is what ruined it all
entertainment consumers in 2022, ladies and gentlemen.
i thought...
(Yawn)
the movie..
(belches, farts)
was pretty...
(falls asleep for 2 hours)
good..
(confused)

Damn I haven’t seen this negative a reaction to marvel. Was excited but now I’m nervous I’ll hate it
Well it is not Disney marvel and let there be carnage was always reviewed pretty poorly.

Last edited:
He will also not be a deluded arrogant headcase. I look forward to his perfect replacement, just hope directors and writers dont suck teet.

Yea but was being arrogant what made Wesley so good? Even in the movies blade was cocky as shit and it just worked well with Wesley.

I hope they keep that same level of arrogance for these new movies.

Yea but was being arrogant what made Wesley so good? Even in the movies blade was cocky as shit and it just worked well with Wesley.

Movie Blade made the character better because Snipes added confidence to it , Blade has been around for awhile and mostly came off as angry and brooding they adjusted the character in newer comics because of the Movies.

In the movies thats fine, on set dealing with people its stupid. He is an asshole and i dont blame them for not wanting to work with him.

I’m proud to say I haven’t watched any of these Sony spin-offs except into the spidey-verse. (Which I honestly didn’t feel was that good compared to how my peers felt)

I think Morbius would've been better served in a Spidey movie rather than a standalone. He just doesn't lend himself as a lead, imo.
He's had solo adventures and Marvel haven't yet gotten their Dracula right as the big bad (Blade Trinity version, while I enjoy it as shlock, was not good). They might be saving it for their MCU Blade flick, but Dracula is public domain, anyone can use it, make their own version. And SONY seem to be doing their own thing anyway, regardless of Disney's interests.

So there were decent enough parts to make this work. Leto, while I'm not a big fan, also works as a vampire. Dude is older than Ben Affleck, but looks like 13 year old. He's got that vampiric creep factor about him.

People would absolutely go see a team up. If you advertised all the baddies - especially if SONY rolled out their established roster of Raimi and Garfield movie villains, maybe got James Franco back as the Rim Goblin or whoever he was to get revenge of Venom - people would go for a bargain deal like that.

Btw, for a second, I thought you meant the "Friend or Foe" video game:

Kind of a repetitive beat em up, but I remember liking the tone of it. This was over a decade ago, though.

Haven't seen it but a friend of mine has and he said it was trash. And he likes everything, even Captain Marvel, so I am not hopeful for this movie.

Back