• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moose Saucy on Adesanya: It'd be a good fight for me, I sparred ppl he fought in GLORY,did very well

?

• Saucy

• Izzy

Results are only viewable after voting.
He lost to Uriah Hall. Need I say more?
Yeah, a lot more. That spinning kick was perfectly timed and clean as hell. The fact that it took a one and GnP after it to finish is a testament to moose's toughness.

Not many who survive what hall hot him with.

Why they say that?

I remember when they released their numbers for a new contract to Rory and Mous. You will find them. That was not only a spit in the face especially with Rory. It was a direct "fuck off we dont value you at all". With Rory that was imo the most vile act the UFC ever pulled.

And it was clear as day that it had nothing to do with their fighting capability. Rory at that point was easy top 5 and would have been a big favourite in a match against champ Woodley.

The guy put his life on the line for the company like no other and lost a lot of health and possible life expectancy . Fought the maybe greatest and most gruesome fight in the entire UFC history and were he would get applauded and honored in any other sport, the UFC just shit on him.

That was the point I decided to never buy a UFC event again.

Mousasi would embarrass him.

Adesanya was too scared to strike with Romero.
Romero hits a lot harder than Mousasi, Adesanya wouldn't be as hesitant against him.

Hell, Gastelum hits harder and faster than Gegard.

The dumb dumbs picking Moose haven't watched him fight the past few years.

Adesanya would destroy him.

Mousasi isn't as consistent as he could be, but if he shows up in the zone he beats israel in a clear decision IMO

otherwise Israel KO's him by rd 5

So he either wins or loses. Really putting your neck out there fella.

Moose is to well rounded. He will take him down with a judo trip and finish him with gnp.

Why they say that?
They fucked up , knew they fucked up and panicked not thinking Coker would come in minutes after 90 day negotiation period-----then offered a competitive pay bump but the damage/treatment was done. I also believe Gegards manager ( not the one he fired) had a role in it. The whole 90 day negotiation period was well documented. A deal was just about worked out, a mousasi rockhold fight was all but signed but a little money got in way around day 75ish .

I’d love that fight and it’s a pick em, neither guy is a slouch
I'm an insufferable mousasi guy to a handful but you're right- fight should be a pk'em but I know Israel would be in the -175, -165 range cause he is UFC champ, gets better with every fight and sometimes Gegard does show up a bit slow before he gets going( or sometimes too late).
I'd still bet Mousasi and just for the record - a fight he could lose .I'm biased - not " fucking " biased.

Lavato seemed like he would have failed a drug test that were to have been taken objectively. As for Sousa, if my memory serves me well and accurately, that is a fight where Mousasi fought poorly and did not seem prepared mentally.
Lavato probably is juicy but he's not failed a test or anything so innocent until proven guilty. And mentally there or not, Moose couldn't handle Jacare, he got walked down and eventually submitted.

He’s right you know

Moose win over Kyotaro > Whoever Adesanya’s best kickboxing win is
This.
Ridiciulous seeing people talking about Adesanya's supposedly superiority in stand-up. There is no adavantage for Israel in that aspect and then we have every other aspect of MMA where Mousasi shines.

I dont recall,but the guy had a 5 fight win streak and you could tell they didnt want him to have a shot. Henderson even got a shot before he did,and he only had 1 win.
Bisping they just GAVE a shot just for the golly heck of it.
Lol- no here is the correct reason and timeline. Chris got hurt- bisping Anderson happened ( which was originally supposed to be mousasi beating the crap out of bisping in the London main and gegard wasnt at 5 in a row yet.Mousasi stayed on the very same card and just completely destroyed the same guy who walked down bisping for 25 minutes in a split a few months prior). Bisping got a sympathy call( never fought for UFC title all those years cause he lost every contender fight under the sun) and he made the most of it . What happened after rockhold fight was pure circus bullshit.

Also - UFC title shots aren't based on merit but name/popularity.
This common knowledge by now.
There it is( and I should know)

Lavato probably is juicy but he's not failed a test or anything so innocent until proven guilty. And mentally there or not, Moose couldn't handle Jacare, he got walked down and eventually submitted.
In my book, mousasi beat up the juiced Lovato anyway . Also , at the time , mousasi and jacare were friends ( still are) and Gegard had some choice words for Souza which he only said once in 1 interview and kept it civil. He implied jacare was on the sauce , said he never felt so over powered in a fight in his life. This a guy who was championed at 205 and undefeated at open weight.

He also "wasnt walked down". Jacare did implement his game plan as a younger BIGGER jacare was actually getting frustrated through 3 rounds( won entire fight - dont get me wrong. ) and finally listened to his coach who was screaming that Gegard was basically handing him his neck. He listened and an exhausted mousasi tapped to the guillotine. He was carrying souzas weight for almost 15 in a wec sized cage in Connecticut (fight was originally supposed to be in LA....that mousasi wouldve lost to that jacare, anyway. I admit). That fight made Mousasi ( who was already elite) change up everything. Hes won his last 10 ....as far as I'm concerned ( including stopping 5 on his way out of UFC).

Lol- no here is the correct reason and timeline. Chris got hurt- bisping Anderson happened ( which was originally supposed to be mousasi beating the crap out of bisping in the London main and gegard wasnt at 5 in a row yet.Mousasi stayed on the very same card and just completely destroyed the same guy who walked down bisping for 25 minutes in a split a few months prior). Bisping got a sympathy call( never fought for UFC title all those years cause he lost every contender fight under the sun) and he made the most of it . What happened after rockhold fight was pure circus bullshit.

Also - UFC title shots aren't based on merit but name/popularity.
This common knowledge by now.
There it is( and I should know)
Lol- if I was mousasi I'd get pissed and leave too

This.
Ridiciulous seeing people talking about Adesanya's supposedly superiority in stand-up. There is no adavantage for Israel in that aspect and then we have every other aspect of MMA where Mousasi shines.

Well the one aspect could be that Mousasi isnt in his prime anymore. I agree a prime Mousasi wins because he is not only the better kickboxer but has the much better basics. On an equal or similar level near every time the fighter with better basics will win.

Mousasis Jab would outpoint and damage Izzy putting his whole counter game obsolete. He would dance around on the outside getting hammered or going in and eating counters himself. Only chance I would give Izzy is in an all out war but he doesnt have the mentality for that.

Nowadays who knows what Mousasi would come to fight. Possible he is just too slow now but I would still bet on Mou.

Lol at the people calling Adesanya overrated.

Contrary to Mousasi, he managed to win a belt inside the UFC, not to mention his kickboxing record of 75-5.

Hes not stopping Gegard. His defense and chin are too good. Only time hes been stopped is by Halls Tekken combo where his face ducked right into the spinning back kick and flying knee, and he still wasnt out cold from the GNP punches

thats also the only time hes ever been knocked DOWN period. Hes eaten flush shots from Lyoto head kicks, Lombard punches, Jacare bombs, Santos and Vitor sturikes etc to no avail.
Only time he was stopped is by Halls Tekken? Guessing you've forgotten Uriah Hall got him out of there. Not shocked Moose fans need to resort to blatant falsehoods these days.

He had to. UFC made it clear,that Mousasi doesnt get that title shot.
You mean he wasn't next in line for a title shot? His last and best win was against a guy who'd just gone 0-2 where he got brutally ko'd twice. Made perfect sense he wasn't next in line.

Back