• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Monster Hunter...Enlighten Me

Well after 5 hours of Velkhana I finally beat it.

All I can say is y’all need to dust off your clutch claws because it’s going to be an essential mechanic in Iceborne.

Velkhana might not even be the final boss. There's mention of something called the Everwyrm which might have something to do with Xeno Jiva.

The event schedules have gone back to normal now but Kulve is around again 12th-19th September. Just smashed Arch Tempered Kirin which isn't much worse than it's Tempered version. AT Lunastra is available at the moment but i'm not sure i can be bothered right now. Also i'd probably die.

Velkhana might not even be the final boss. There's mention of something called the Everwyrm which might have something to do with Xeno Jiva.

The event schedules have gone back to normal now but Kulve is around again 12th-19th September. Just smashed Arch Tempered Kirin which isn't much worse than it's Tempered version. AT Lunastra is available at the moment but i'm not sure i can be bothered right now. Also i'd probably die.
At kirin is the easiest AT imo. No bullshit damage over time, no roaring. Just hard to hit when enraged. I framed my tickets with a gunlance and just shelled it to death. AT Lunastra is best solo. Also gunlanced her to death. And with the insane buff Gunlance got, it’s gonna be bonkers in Iceborne.

Maybe the Everwyrm is Namielle

There’s a sub 4 gunlance vid but can’t find it. That little bomb it attaches to the monster basically doubles shelling damage

At kirin is the easiest AT imo. No bullshit damage over time, no roaring. Just hard to hit when enraged. I framed my tickets with a gunlance and just shelled it to death. AT Lunastra is best solo. Also gunlanced her to death. And with the insane buff Gunlance got, it’s gonna be bonkers in Iceborne.

Maybe the Everwyrm is Namielle

Nice.

My go-to melee weapon is Empress Howl Blaze.

I'm trying to unlock Kulve Taroth.

Looked at youtube vids to find the scale during investigations, but nothing is there.

I'm a bit lost...

I'm trying to unlock Kulve Taroth.

Looked at youtube vids to find the scale during investigations, but nothing is there.

I'm a bit lost...
Kulve is automatically unlocked at the gathering hub but only on specified dates. She’s currently not available to my knowledge.

Yeah. I must have picked it up ages ago.

I think I'm going to buy the Iceborne DLC shortly as well, unless a sale comes along...

Any idea when Taroth is coming back?
Kulve Taroth is back 12th - 19th September.

Can't wait for Rajang. I was hoping for him or Mizitsune. They really nailed it with the Iceborne roster.

Iceborne shaping up to be better than the base game

my_gosh_robert_downey_jr.gif

Anyone trying to play Iceborne, update your MHW app. There’s a 34 gig patch with all the Iceborne stuff in it.

I’ve put 8 hours into Iceborne and it’s amazing. Well worth the wait and the $$. The swordfish GS is back.

Back