Monopoly vs. Chess - Which board game is better?

Which board game is better?

• Total voters
Monopoly because I suck at chess

{<hhh]

I'm a chess player so I'm biased toward chess.

In any case, I'll take the game that requires skill and strategy over the game that requires luck and ruins friendships.

Unless it's a grandmaster or something... I'll take Monopoly since I still have a chance to win.

Chess. Even if I loose badly I appreciate the loss

Monopoly for some reason induced rage. Like someone will float about stealing your property and fleecing you or may not even say anything bad but your head you're ready to go ape smash mode
The game is purposefully soul crushing. It was originally made to satirize capitalism and highlight the inherent problems it had. Ironically it's become a symbol of capitalism and has been remade and rebranded more than any other game.

My mother in law bought us Arsenal Monopoly but I liked it anway. Chess can fuck off, I'm too impatient for thinking 3 moves ahead.

I'm a Backgammon addict though, love that and have for like 25 years. I can play it all day and even dream moves sometimes.

I love chess but I'm kinda sad that computers have basically solved it to the point where there are only right moves and wrong moves.

Maybe it's time for me to learn how to play go, since I hear computers will never solve that

I like to collect Coca-Cola items I want to
get this Monopoly
Monopoly_Coca-Cola.jpg

It's really strange, playing monopoly. It reminds me too much of the real world and economics to be enjoyable. Chess operates more as a metaphor, but the strategic planning and tactics that the game entails are also applicable outside the narrow scope of the game or the object of its metaphor, whatever metaphor you pick. Monopoly involves strategy but in a more specific, narrow sense, and allows for temporary alliances. Also, it's based on luck at it's core, where chess is based on skill. So I'd go with chess any day.

The game is purposefully soul crushing. It was originally made to satirize capitalism and highlight the inherent problems it had. Ironically it's become a symbol of capitalism and has been remade and rebranded more than any other game.
You go from being oligarch to crippling debt over everything within seconds. Took so much self control to not go nuts.

Also funny
11-what-if-the-bank-runs-out-of-money-some-8034293.png

I've seen the spin off variations. Interesting idea

Chess. Even if I loose badly I appreciate the loss

Monopoly for some reason induced rage. Like someone will float about stealing your property and fleecing you or may not even say anything bad but your head you're ready to go ape smash mode
You sound poor

Monopoly is fun, but chess is awesome.

Ever play monopoly with a lady friend and rather than take the last of her money you work out "other arrangements"?

I highly recommend it.
It’s best when done with couples and alcohol is involved in your early 20’s and you don’t care who else see’s your girls tits as long as you get to see the other tits at the table too.

Strip poker same way.

Funny strip poker story, me and a couple friends had some girls over and the game got going, anyway I hadn’t hooked up with this chick yet(this game led me to hooking up with her but anyway) I had been admiring her rack for a minute.

So she has to take her sweater off, bam nice juicy rack in the bra. I’m getting interested now.

Few hands later, she loses the bra and the tits DISAPPEAR..

My first run in with a Water Bra. Damn those things can be misleading.

Also hard to vote as I enjoy both but chess is a two person game and monopoly is best played with at least 4

I like to collect Coca-Cola items I want to
get this Monopoly
Monopoly_Coca-Cola.jpg

I've seen ads, and sometimes just pictures, for several of those themed Monopoly sets (and themed chess pieces!).

They cost more than you would think. It's worth it if you are a collector.

Black Paladin = old enough to remember the short Coca-Cola sweatshirt fad of the early 80s.

It’s best when done with couples and alcohol is involved in your early 20’s and you don’t care who else see’s your girls tits as long as you get to see the other tits at the table too.

Strip poker same way.

Funny strip poker story, me and a couple friends had some girls over and the game got going, anyway I hadn’t hooked up with this chick yet(this game led me to hooking up with her but anyway) I had been admiring her rack for a minute.

So she has to take her sweater off, bam nice juicy rack in the bra. I’m getting interested now.

Few hands later, she loses the bra and the tits DISAPPEAR..

My first run in with a Water Bra. Damn those things can be misleading.

1v1 is good at any age as well as anytime there are more women than men.

Back