Monkeys scream out in pain inside German Lab.

Unfortunate that the mechanism more or less demands such practices take place. Without testing things out on some manner of lab rat (be it medicines, or even your deodorants and hair products), there's only ourselves to test them on (until somebody comes up with some manner of suitable simulation, or some other such futuristic replacement subject).

Life is fucked up. At best we can hope to minimize the cruelty/indifference exercised during these practices.

You can't really complain if you take medication. Literally all medication is tested on animals.

In fairness it can be considered a slight ethical improvement compared to what the Germans were using as test subjects a few decades ago.

I’m confused. Do we like science, or not?

Quick, someone tell me what to think....

Meh. The purpose is justifiable. And no, there is no parity between a human and an animal. If thousands of puppies have to suffer so that one day a human will walk again, so be it.

Convicted murders and pedophiles are who we should be testing on. Both for ethical reasons and the fact that if the tests are being done with the goal of assisting humans, then the tests will have much more validity being done on humans.

Welp just want we need. Germany is going to start some shit again...

giphy.gif

I don't know why, but I don't empathize as much with primates as I do with dogs, and especially pigs.

When I see a pig in pain I can't fucking stand it. It's gotten so bad that I don't eat pork anymore. It's been like half a year and I just can't do it.

Not sure what my issue is.

Meh. The purpose is justifiable. And no, there is no parity between a human and an animal. If thousands of puppies have to suffer so that one day a human will walk again, so be it.
Oh god no, I’d cripple half my city to save a puppy.

Pig crates are 1000 times worse.
Yep. And while not as intelligent as primates, they are still among the most intelligent of land animals. They suffer incredible abuse because of ag-gag laws that make it a crime to highlight there terrible conditons, and because baccon is delicious.

I think gradually animal rights will increase, but it's still going to be a long road. I'm not a liberal, but this is one more liberal issue that I support at least until the most egregious forms of animal exploitation have been outlawed.

In fairness it can be considered a slight ethical improvement compared to what the Germans were using as test subjects a few decades ago.
Here in the WR there's a weird bunch that would disagree with you

Medical testing should be done exclusively on ethnic Germans.

Posters weeping their bleeding hearts over this while continuing to support Republicans - who have continued to defeat animal welfare legislation at the state level for decades, pass ag-gag laws that make it a felony to report on treatment of animals, and have even gone after meat alternatives by making it illegal to use terms like "veggie burger" or "vegan hot dog" because consumers won't be able to understand what they are (lol) - can get bent.

Wait, Germans are doing this? GERMANS?!!!

Well I never... Who would have thought Germans had it in them.

Posters weeping their bleeding hearts over this while continuing to support Republicans - who have continued to defeat animal welfare legislation at the state level for decades, pass ag-gag laws that make it a felony to report on treatment of animals, and have even gone after meat alternatives by making it illegal to use terms like "veggie burger" or "vegan hot dog" because consumers won't be able to understand what they are (lol) - can get bent.

'Whataboutism!!!!!!!!!' - liberals.

Hurry and vote democrats guys, that will save the monkeys in Germany

Back