• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Monkeys 'escape with COVID-19 samples' after attacking lab assistant

High IQ monkeys, no question.

They die when you shoot them anywhere (much less durable but harder to hit), their numbers would be fewer than the 28 Days Later zombies, and they can't increase their numbers like zombies can.

I watched the recent Planet of the Apes movies and overall wasn't impressed. They beat the humans because the writers wrote down they beat the humans. Reality would be much different.
This is true.

They also tend to dumb down the humans a lot in zombie flicks.

Guess we won't know til we fight them both.

Gorilla Grodd is making his first move I see.

I've never trusted them ever since I saw that movie Monkey Shines when I was a kid. That movie fucked me up,.

According to local media, the animals then snatched COVID-19 blood test samples that had been taken from three patients and fled.

skynews-monkey-macaque-delhi_5001376.jpg

One of the monkeys was later spotted in a tree chewing one of the sample collection kits, the Times of India reported - adding that test samples from the patients had to be taken again.

It is the latest example of the highly intelligent, red-faced rhesus macaques taking advantage of India's nationwide lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus.

Advertisement
While they have proved an increasing problem in urban areas of the country in recent years, lockdown measures in the last two months are believed to have emboldened the monkeys.

Reports have shown them congregating in parts of Delhi normally crowded with humans.

Didn't you get the memo? We're not concerned about COVID-19 anymore. It's not the focus of attention right now. We have decided it's okay protest (and even riot and loot) in very large groups within close proximity of one another. The was decided overnight.

macaques infected - what to do?

According to local media, the animals then snatched COVID-19 blood test samples that had been taken from three patients and fled.

skynews-monkey-macaque-delhi_5001376.jpg

One of the monkeys was later spotted in a tree chewing one of the sample collection kits, the Times of India reported - adding that test samples from the patients had to be taken again.

It is the latest example of the highly intelligent, red-faced rhesus macaques taking advantage of India's nationwide lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus.

Advertisement
While they have proved an increasing problem in urban areas of the country in recent years, lockdown measures in the last two months are believed to have emboldened the monkeys.

Reports have shown them congregating in parts of Delhi normally crowded with humans.

Escaped... or set loose?

High IQ monkeys, no question.

They die when you shoot them anywhere (much less durable but harder to hit), their numbers would be fewer than the 28 Days Later zombies, and they can't increase their numbers like zombies can.

I watched the recent Planet of the Apes movies and overall wasn't impressed. They beat the humans because the writers wrote down they beat the humans. Reality would be much different.

That annoyed me as well. Like.... just shoot them? There aren't that many.

It'll mutate in the monkeys and become COVID-20.

Chimpanzees in parts of Africa are terrorizing villages and snatching toddlers and eating them in front of their parents and now we have terrorist monkeys?

Let us put aside our political differences and fight the real enemy.

At least they are more intelligent than Trump voters.
This ain't about politics.
We need to focus on getting whoever the fuck is playing Jumanji to finish this foresaken game and set things right.

I saw a story about this and genuinely thought it was a meme so skipped over without realising it actually fucking happened. Dafuqing fuqfuq is going on in this world!!!>?

Back