Relationship Moms

Sorry to hear. It's always been beyond my abilities to work magic when illness strikes but you can think about and remind them of good memories...serving the dual purpose of lifting spirits a little and thanking them for the good times. Memories with your mother generally go back to day one so ideally there should be a good Rolodex of stuff...maybe she taped stuff off the TV for you when you were a kid and there was a show you specifically remember. Maybe took you to a concert or a movie that left an impression. Made or brought snacks for the baseball team. Helped you with your math or art homework. Or whatever it might have been that she happened to do in your case.

Hey everyone.

My mom is very sick. I don’t know if she is going to make it but I’m trying to stay positive.

It’s getting harder and harder.

If anyone has any stories they would like to share, or advice to give, I would love to hear it.

Thanks
Sending her love from all of us Sherdoggers sir.
Only advice is love her while you can and be with her, even when you think she doesn't know you're there...she does.

Love you brother, big hugs.

I'm sorry to heart that man.

I lost my mom when I was 18, Im 34 now.

She had cancer.

Best advice I can give is to just enjoy your time with her, be there for her.

Hopefully shes pulls through.

Im not much of a praying man, but I will pray for you and your mother.

Cancer took my grandmother too :(
jojo-fook-cancer.png

Sorry to hear that man.

And yeah, if cancer was a person i would love to beat the shit out of them lol

My mom actually had breast cancer 10ish years ago. I think I posted about it on Sherdog. It maimed her but she survived.

She has sarcoidosis which is a degenerative lung disease, it caused a series of problems, pluminary fibrosis being the main one.

She also had a stroke after the cancer because a doctor fucked up with her blood pressure medication and told her she could stop taking it, she soon after had a stroke which paralyzed the left half her body.

A combination of the stroke and her sarcoidosis along with a recent bout of (possibly Covid or possibly some other flu, they weren’t able to tell us) landed her in the hospital.

While at the hospital they took blood tests, heart tests and lung tests. All turned out to be basically her normal baseline, it was just this flu or whatever bug that got her was really messing with her.

However since she has been out of the hospital she has really deteriorated. Palliative care nurse said we will see her start to eat less and eventually pass away. She is thin, her voice seems to be gone, but she does seem to be eating. Her resporologist came by (while I was away for only a few hours, I fucking missed him) and turned her lung machine from a “2” to a “4”.

Part of what hurts so bad about all of this is the confusion. I wish I could talk to her doctors but they are basically behind a wall of staff etc and it’s impossible to fucking talk to them.

@Brampton_Boy I understand you are a doctor? What do you specialize in? I would love to ask you some questions. I’m sure you can’t answer much but it would be better than nothing. I have no idea if it is even possible for her to recover, I don’t know if I should be telling people to come say goodbye, I don’t know shit and nobody asked the respiratorlogist any of this or thought to call me to let me ask some questions while he was here.

Oddly enough this happened to her on Valentine’s Day, the day after I lost my job.

It’s been a bad year

Hey everyone.

My mom is very sick. I don’t know if she is going to make it but I’m trying to stay positive.

If anyone has any stories they would like to share, or advice to give, I would love to hear it.

Thanks
I wish your mom and you the best. What does she have if i may ask?

Very sorry to hear, brother.

My mom retired in December of 2019 after working for 36 years; and less than a year later was diagnosed with liver, bone, and brain cancer in November 2020.

She was given between 2 months and 2 years to live smack dab in the middle of the pandemic. She made it 9 months.

I watched her slowly die in front of me, as she lived with us at times to give my dad and little sister a break since I only live a couple miles from where I grew up.

My advice: talk to a professional and your primary care physician. Talk to them to help you work through your emotions and cope, and as well as to assess any need for anti-depressants.

I didn't know I was depressed because it manifested itself physically through sexual dysfunction, and when it did manifest mentally/emotionally it wasn't via sadness but an inability to focus on work or hobbies.

Wellbutrin helped me tremendously.

Talk about it. Trust me, it helps a lot.

Mine too. It’s not easy but it happens to everybody. Show her as much love and appreciation as you can in her last days, weeks, months or whatever. Make sure she knows and make her life as easy as you can.

You’re lucky to have a good mother as am I. Idk about you but I felt like I may have took my parents for granted growing up. I spent most of my adulthood making sure I didn’t get to the point where they passed not knowing how much I cared because my dad told me that was his biggest regret in life.

Hey everyone.

Thanks
Moms are the best, they do so much and ask for so little.

All the best, sending best wishes.

So sorry to hear this Sherbro. It will be a year on May 16th since I lost my mum. Just tell her you love her. I got home from a motorcycle ride to see paramedics loading mum into an ambulance, and I literally yelled "I love you mum" to her as they were closing the doors, and she gave me a slight wave. She lost consciousness on the way to the hospital and never regained it. Do whatever it takes to let her know. Here to talk if you need a sympathetic ear.

Back