• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mokaev Getting DQ'd in a No Gi Comp

Tbf you never really need to open someone’s guard in mma. You can just.. punch and they will do it for you. And if they don’t open and just hug you then you will probably win the round that way with little punches and elbows.

Mokaev doing that on purpose was dumb though. How does that make you lose your cool and give up the match

Yeah..BJJ sucks.. the other dude was trying to hug him like a woman doing missionary.

Fuck that.. slam the dude, kick him in the head too.. go on a rampage.

Yeah..BJJ sucks.. the other dude was trying to hug him like a woman doing missionary.

Why go into a BJJ comp then? Lol.
Tbf you never really need to open someone’s guard in mma. You can just.. punch and they will do it for you. And if they don’t open and just hug you then you will probably win the round that way with little punches and elbows.

Mokaev doing that on purpose was dumb though. How does that make you lose your cool and give up the match
Apparently Mokaev just sucks when it comes to trying to pass guard, or just about any BJJ exchange, according to some people that saw his BJJ matches. Checks out since he was competing with a purple belt in the video shown.

Apparently Mokaev just sucks when it comes to trying to pass guard, or just about any BJJ exchange, according to some people that saw his BJJ matches. Checks out since he was competing with a purple belt in the video shown.
Yeah that’s what I’m seeing. Says he lost to a blue belt and two purple belts.

I always thought he was a good grappler. Is he more like a wrestler like chimaev?

Yeah that’s what I’m seeing. Says he lost to a blue belt and two purple belts.

I always thought he was a good grappler. Is he more like a wrestler like chimaev?
Yeah, his style centers a lot on overwhelming people with his wrestling, pace and scrambling. Filho and Gordon got him in bad positions before he subbed them late.

I've noticed a trend where these Russians enter grappling tournaments then quickly lose their shit when they realize they're outgunned

They’re NPC arrogant whiny shits tbh.

I've noticed a trend where these Russians enter grappling tournaments then quickly lose their shit when they realize they're outgunned

Certainly Shara did it, now Mokaev.

Pretty embarrassing, but I don't know that it represents Russians.

Just people who are pathetic in defeat.

No, he was trying to enter into attacks from the feet but Mokaev would not engage. Then once it got to the guard opponent was focusing on posture control and trapped the shoulders and elbow to set up submissions. But again, Mokaev just didn’t try to pass effectively and just stayed defensive. The slam did literally nothing but make his position worse too.

The purple belt didn’t seem to have a great guard game but he was doing much more in that match

They've had mixed success. The sport Sambo guys tend to struggle more than the combat sambo guys

Mokaev needs to link up with them guys asap.

His grappling and striking skills are all B tier even in the UK.

Most of the A tier gyms in the UK probably don't want him around as well.

Never gonna happen. Mokaev infamously turned down Ali for his management and got on Ali’s bad side.

Ali even like bet on one of Mokaev’s UFC opponents because he hated him so much lol.

And Mokaev has been extremely unimpressive thus far.

His standup is so bad. He literally drops to the floor every time a punch gets even near him, as if his legs are going weak, and then pretends he did it on purpose with these pathetic “takedown attempts.”

Even when he gets a big slam it’s still like meh lol. He’s nowhere near ready for a title shot.

I'm more surprised he didn't wind up at KHK in Bahrain with all that amateur experience in IMMAF.

Was very much based in Northern England at that point though and just a young man.
He is with that team. He trains at Tiger, gym in UK and Russia too.

Mokaev infamously turned down Ali for his management and got on Ali’s bad side.
Only thing he's ever done that I like. Ali is a scummy tool of the UFC, masquerading as a manager, keeping the fighters in line.

He knows better. He competed for years. He has more BJJ matches than pro fights. He also done gi competitions too. He knows what he needs to do to score points and what isn't allowed.

Certainly Shara did it, now Mokaev.

Pretty embarrassing, but I don't know that it represents Russians.

Just people who are pathetic in defeat.
The Shara situation was so funny. He said the dude agreed with him on no leg locks. His opponent then went on Reddit and was just like yeah that never happened he’s lying

Back