• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MNN (Trailer for Chris Evans' Gifted; Johnny Depp Joins Fantastic Beasts Sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benicio Del Toro in Talks to Star in Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

Benicio-Del-Toro-Predator-091216-Dragonlord.jpg

Benicio Del Toro is in negotiations to star in The Predator, the reboot of the alien action movie series that Shane Black is directing for 20th Century Fox. Plot details are being kept hidden in mud but the new movie is said to be an ensemble piece anchored by the character to be played by Del Toro.

The actor and the studio have been dancing for months around this project, but one challenge has been been Del Toro's schedule. That stumbling block looks to have been cleared and a February start date is being planned.

Black, who last wrote and directed The Nice Guys and created the Lethal Weapon movies, wrote the treatment for the script of the Predator reboot, which was written by Fred Dekker, Black's university chum with whom he wrote 1987’s Monster Squad.

For Del Toro, if a deal is made, Predator will continue his franchise-movie streak. The actor has for years worked in gritty dramas but recently has started to branch out into more populist fare. He appeared in 2014’s Guardians of the Galaxy and is slated to appear in Star Wars: Episode VIII. He also starred in 2015’s Sicario, and now that has the potential to become its own franchise as a sequel — titled Soldado and focused on Del Toro’s assassin character — is in active development.

Benicio Del Toro in Talks to Star in Shane Black's 'Predator' Reboot

Bryan Singer Confirms Mister Sinister Will Be in WOLVERINE 3

Bryan-Singer-Mister-Sinister-Dragonlord.jpg

At the end of X-Men: Apocalypse, fans learned that one of the biggest baddies at Marvel Comics might be heading to franchise. The post-credit scene teased the introduction of Nathaniel Essex who is better known by the name Mister Sinister. The obsessive scientist stands as one of the X-Men’s greatest villains, and now, it looks like the character has been confirmed for Wolverine 3.

Earlier this week, the Digital HD release of Apocalypse went live and contained several bonus features such as an audio commentary with Simon Kinberg and director Bryan Singer. And, in that commentary, Singer said the Mister Sinister teaser at the end of the film was to prep audiences for Wolverine 3.

This reveal isn’t a complete surprise to most fans given the teaser in Apocalypse, but the official confirmation is nice to have.

As for who will play the character, there’s been no word. However, given Singer’s confirmation, many are speculating that Richard E. Grant will portray the crazed villain. When the actor was cast in April, his role was described as that of a “mad scientist,” a term which aptly encompasses Mister Sinister. However, fans can’t be sure whether Mister Sinister will be the central villain of Wolverine 3 just yet.

Bryan Singer Confirms Mister Sinister Will Appear in Wolverine 3

SAUSAGE PARTY Co-Director Conrad Vernon to Helm THE TOXIC AVENGER Remake

Conrad-Vernon-Toxic-Avenger-091216-Dragonlord.jpg

Following the success of Sausage Party, co-director Conrad Vernon is tackling a cult classic, signing up to helm a remake of The Toxic Avenger.

Mike Arnold and Chris Poole (Archer; The Grackle) are on board to rewrite the screenplay by Steve Pink and D.C. Mitchell.

Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz of Troma Films, creators of the original franchise, will executive produce along with Bob Cooper and Alex Schwartz of Storyscape Entertainment, and Greg Lessans of Weed Road.

The movie, a re-imagining of Troma’s classic, tells the story of a New Jersey teenager whose accidental tumble into a vat of toxic waste turns him into a mutant superhero.

“The opportunity to re-imagine a favorite cult-classic from my high school years is an honor. Toxie is an underground icon. My favorite kind!” said Vernon.

‘Sausage Party’ Co-Director Conrad Vernon to Helm ‘Toxic Avenger’ Remake

First Look at Dylan O'Brien as Mitch Rapp in AMERICAN ASSASSIN

American Assassin follows the rise of Mitch Rapp (Dylan O’Brien) a CIA black ops recruit under the instruction of Cold War veteran Stan Hurley (Michael Keaton). The pair is then enlisted by CIA Deputy Director Irene Kennedy (Sanaa Lathan) to investigate a wave of apparently random attacks on both military and civilian targets. Together the three discover a pattern in the violence leading them to a joint mission with a lethal Turkish agent (Shiva Negar) to stop a mysterious operative (Taylor Kitsch) intent on starting a World War in the Middle East.

Dylan-OBrien-in-American-Assassin.jpeg

First Trailer for James Foley's FIFTY SHADES DARKER

Fifty-Shades-Darker-Dakota-Johnson-091316-Dragonlord.jpg

Universal has released the first trailer for James Foley‘s Fifty Shades Darker. When a wounded Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) tries to entice a cautious Ana Steele (Dakota Johnson) back into his life, she demands a new arrangement before she will give him another chance. As the two begin to build trust and find stability, shadowy figures from Christian’s past start to circle the couple, determined to destroy their hopes for a future together.

Adapted from E.L. James‘ novel of the same name by Niall Leonard, the film co-stars Kim Basinger, Hugh Dancy, Rita Ora, Dana Brunetti,Marcia Gay Harden, Luke Grimes, Victor Rasuk, Jennifer Ehle, and Eloise Mumford. Fifty Shades Darker opens February 10, 2017.

‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Trailer Finds Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson Heating Up Again

Fox Buys Stan Lee Life Rights for 1970s-Set Action Adventure Movie

20th-Century-Fox-Stan-Lee-Dragonlord.jpg

Stan Lee's story is coming to the big screen. Yes, the iconic creator of many of Marvel Comics' most beloved characters has made countless appearances in films. But this time, it’s a slice of Lee’s life that is getting the cinematic treatment — though not in the way you might expect.

Twentieth Century Fox, the studio behind the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises, has acquired Lee's life rights with a goal of creating a period action-adventure movie, THR has learned.

Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, the producers behind such movies as Twilight, The Maze Runner andthe upcoming Power Rangers, are attached to produce what is described as being in the tone of Kingsman: The Secret Service or, as one insider put it, "Roger Moore’s 007."

The project will be no biopic, but rather an adventure with Lee as the main character. Kingsman and Moore-era James Bond movies had dapper heroes who quipped one-liners — and, in Moore’s case, flirted with the ladies — as they sparred with larger-than-life evildoers.

No writer has been hired to flesh out the story, so the project's existing details could morph. Exec Matt Reilly is overseeing for Fox.

20th Century Fox Buys Stan Lee Life Rights for 1970s-Set Action Adventure Movie (Exclusive)

Stan Lee's story is coming to the big screen. Yes, the iconic creator of many of Marvel Comics' most beloved characters has made countless appearances in films. But this time, it’s a slice of Lee’s life that is getting the cinematic treatment — though not in the way you might expect.

Twentieth Century Fox, the studio behind the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises, has acquired Lee's life rights with a goal of creating a period action-adventure movie, THR has learned.

Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, the producers behind such movies as Twilight, The Maze Runner andthe upcoming Power Rangers, are attached to produce what is described as being in the tone of Kingsman: The Secret Service or, as one insider put it, "Roger Moore’s 007."

The project will be no biopic, but rather an adventure with Lee as the main character. Kingsman and Moore-era James Bond movies had dapper heroes who quipped one-liners — and, in Moore’s case, flirted with the ladies — as they sparred with larger-than-life evildoers.

No writer has been hired to flesh out the story, so the project's existing details could morph. Exec Matt Reilly is overseeing for Fox.

20th Century Fox Buys Stan Lee Life Rights for 1970s-Set Action Adventure Movie (Exclusive)

<{vega}><{MindBrown}>{<huh}

seems odd...

First Trailer for James Foley's FIFTY SHADES DARKER

Fifty-Shades-Darker-Dakota-Johnson-091316-Dragonlord.jpg

Universal has released the first trailer for James Foley‘s Fifty Shades Darker. When a wounded Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) tries to entice a cautious Ana Steele (Dakota Johnson) back into his life, she demands a new arrangement before she will give him another chance. As the two begin to build trust and find stability, shadowy figures from Christian’s past start to circle the couple, determined to destroy their hopes for a future together.

Adapted from E.L. James‘ novel of the same name by Niall Leonard, the film co-stars Kim Basinger, Hugh Dancy, Rita Ora, Dana Brunetti,Marcia Gay Harden, Luke Grimes, Victor Rasuk, Jennifer Ehle, and Eloise Mumford. Fifty Shades Darker opens February 10, 2017.

‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Trailer Finds Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson Heating Up Again

How did this get a sequel?

First Look at Dylan O'Brien as Mitch Rapp in AMERICAN ASSASSIN

American Assassin follows the rise of Mitch Rapp (Dylan O’Brien) a CIA black ops recruit under the instruction of Cold War veteran Stan Hurley (Michael Keaton). The pair is then enlisted by CIA Deputy Director Irene Kennedy (Sanaa Lathan) to investigate a wave of apparently random attacks on both military and civilian targets. Together the three discover a pattern in the violence leading them to a joint mission with a lethal Turkish agent (Shiva Negar) to stop a mysterious operative (Taylor Kitsch) intent on starting a World War in the Middle East.

Dylan-OBrien-in-American-Assassin.jpeg

I listened to a few hours of the audiobook and was bored.

Hopefully the movie would be far far better.

How did this get a sequel?

I'll watch it.

I'd watch Dakota Johnson read the news.

The first film was unspeakably bad but I find her irresistible.

DOCTOR STRANGE Run Time Revealed; New Poster Released

The running time for Marvel's next endeavor in their Cinematic Universe has been revealed. The Benedict Cumberbatch headlined Doctor Strange will run 130 minutes according to Event Cinemas (via Comicbook.com), an Australian theater chain. Two hours and ten minutes sounds about right for a Marvel film.

Cr2C82rWAAEINVs.jpg

You know, his boots really, really bother me; all the buckles are just too busy. I would have preferred something more sleek and elegant.

He's a sorcerer, not a commando.

blam-1.gif

Untitled-1-1.gif

hanging.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

lol a Stan Lee biopic might have actually been cool. As I read further...just...no.
That was my reaction on seeing Fox and buying rights to Stan Lee... then I read further and this was more my reaction:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_o2lsbdHYtj1qdhizao1_500.gif

ddc383823336c1a3d8c58ac69df3e6f9.gif

Bring it Fox... I'm waiting

giphy.gif

ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

I don't know what it means but I love it!

I can't even really understand what the idea is. Just some stylish ladies man driven action flick, only it's Stan Lee? Not just inspired by, a reimagining of, or parody of Stan, but literally Stan Lee? To the point where his life story rights were purchased?

I'm guessing it's a double-agent scenario where Stan's secret life.inspires the comics he created, kind of like fighting a guy using ropes inspired Spiderman, some crazed military guy making himself half machine inspired Ironman, basically just adventures formed around possible inspiration for his comics.

But if they plan.on directly referencing characters, do they need more than his life story rights? This is all so confusing. But I love Stan and batshit crazy ideas, so I'm in.

uriahunderstands_zps85ff84a6.jpg

Nah, dog. Nah.

ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

I don't know what it means but I love it!

I can't even really understand what the idea is. Just some stylish ladies man driven action flick, only it's Stan Lee? Not just inspired by, a reimagining of, or parody of Stan, but literally Stan Lee? To the point where his life story rights were purchased?

I'm guessing it's a double-agent scenario where Stan's secret life.inspires the comics he created, kind of like fighting a guy using ropes inspired Spiderman, some crazed military guy making himself half machine inspired Ironman, basically just adventures formed around possible inspiration for his comics.

But if they plan.on directly referencing characters, do they need more than his life story rights? This is all so confusing. But I love Stan and batshit crazy ideas, so I'm in.
Brah, it's Fox.

If we were talking Marvel Studios, it'd be time to be excited. But nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back