MNN (First Trailer for NEED FOR SPEED Starring Aaron Paul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacha Baron Cohen Departs Freddie Mercury Biopic Due to QUEEN

Baron-Cohen-Saddam.jpg

Sacha Baron Cohen won’t be playing Freddie Mercury after all. While the versatile actor has long been attached to play the Queen lead singer in a feature film biopic, reports have surfaced that Cohen has departed the project over creative differences. Apparently the remaining Queen band members—who have script and director approval—want the film to be a family-friendly PG flick, while Cohen has always intended for it to be an R-rated, unflinching look at Mercury’s life.

Deadline reports that Cohen commissioned a script by Peter Morgan and developed the project with directors like David Fincher and Tom Hooper, but the band members never signed off. Apparently the creative differences made it impossible to extend a formal offer Hooper’s way, as Cohen’s Les Miserables helmer was rumored to be in the running just a few months ago.

Sacha Baron Cohen Departs Freddie Mercury Biopic over Creative Differences with QUEEN

Mike Myers to Make Directorial Debut with SUPERMENSCH

2dtov9t.jpg

Press Release: A&E IndieFilms has partnered with Emmy-winning multi-hyphenate Mike Myers on the new feature documentary, Supermensch, chronicling the life of ground-breaking talent manager Shep Gordon. In 1991, music manager Shep Gordon held Mike Myers over a barrel a few weeks before shooting “Wayne’s World” regarding an Alice Cooper song Myers wanted to use in the film. They have been close friends ever since. 22 years later, the story of Gordon’s legendary life in the uber fast lane is now told in Myers’ directorial debut. And this time it’s Myers who has Gordon over a barrel.

Capitalist, protector, hedonist, pioneer, showman, shaman . . . SUPERMENSCH.

Shep Gordon is the consummate Hollywood insider. Though he isn’t a household name, Gordon has become a beacon in the industry, beloved by the countless stars he has encountered throughout his storied career. Shep is known for managing the careers of Alice Cooper as well as stints with Blondie, Luther Vandross and Raquel Welch, among others – a career that began with a chance encounter in 1968 with Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix. He even found time to invent the “Celebrity Chef.”

Though the chef as star is part of the culture now, it took Shep’s imagination, and his moral outrage at how the chefs were being treated, to monetize the culinary arts into the multi-billion dollar industry it is today. Personal friends with the Dalai Lama through his philanthropic endeavors with the Tibet Fund and the guardian of four children, Gordon’s unlikely story will be told by those who know him best, his pals, including Alice Cooper, Michael Douglas, Sylvester Stallone, Anne Murray, Willie Nelson, Emeril Lagasse and more.

Watch the Animated Prequel Short Film for SNOWPIERCER

Snowpiercer-Animated-Short-Dragonlord.jpg

While The Weinstein Company continues to keep Bong Joon-ho's Snowpiercer on a still undetermined place on their future slate, the movie is gearing up to open in South Korea. We've already seen a good handful of teasers, pics and previews of the movie, but finally some folks seen the film in its entirety. Yes, the first couple of reviews are in and it looks like the director of The Host and Mother has hit a homerun.

There's no U.S. release date for the film. Let's hope these rave reviews spur Harvey Weinstein to least get Snowpiercer on the festival circuit stateside this fall. So until then, here is an animated prequel short that sets up the world of the film, where the remaining survivors of a ravaged Earth now reside a train, where class distinctions are still maintained, until a revolt brews.

The film stars Chris Evans, John Hurt, Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell, Alison Pill, Ed Harris, Ewen Bremner, Octavia Spencer, Kang-ho Song, and Ko Asung. Snowpiercer opens in South Korean on August 1st.

Watch the R-rated Animated Prequel Short Film for SNOWPIERCER

Chuck Palahniuk Working on FIGHT CLUB Sequel Graphic Novel

So... Jack and Marla got married, and 10 years have passed, damn that is some picture..

Jack was in "heaven" as we all remember after the controlled demolition, project mayhem was growing, fight clubs were being started all over the world, but the civilization has not been crippled and dying yet?.

i loved to think that after the story ended the Project Mayhem was destroying everything, but it looks like its not, i can understand Jack and Marla married, but where is my appocalypse?

New Images from I, FRANKENSTEIN Starring Aaron Eckhart

Lionsgate has released two new images from I, Frankenstein. Set in a dystopic present where vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons rage in a battle for ultimate power, Victor Frankenstein's creation Adam (Aaron Eckhart) finds himself caught in the middle as both sides race to discover the secret to his immortality. The film also stars Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski (mine! mine!), Miranda Otto, Jai Courtney and Socratis Otto. I, Frankenstein opens January 24, 2014.

ZPxVdHH.jpg

0Yddp74.jpg

New Images from I, FRANKENSTEIN Starring Aaron Eckhart, Yvonne Strahovski (mine!)

4 Character Posters for Carl Rinsch's 47 RONIN Starring Keanu Reeves

Universal’s 47 Ronin, which stars Keanu Reeves and centers on 18th century samurai who seek to avenge their master’s death, began production in 2011 as a prospective tentpole for Universal Studios that was to open in theaters over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2012. However, reports started to surface of production troubles on the $175 million saga, with the budget reportedly ballooning to $225 million. The release date was subsequently pushed back to February 2013, and then again to December 25th of this year. Rumors swirled that director Carl Rinsch, who previously cut his teeth on commercials, had been removed from the editing room, and we started to wonder if 47 Ronin would ever see the light of day.

However, Universal now seems ready to kick the marketing campaign into high gear as some pretty impressive character posters have been released, boasting the tagline “seize eternity.” Hopefully a debut trailer is on the way. The film also stars Hiroyuki Sanada, Tadanobu Asano, K

So... Jack and Marla got married, and 10 years have passed, damn that is some picture..

Jack was in "heaven" as we all remember after the controlled demolition, project mayhem was growing, fight clubs were being started all over the world, but the civilization has not been crippled and dying yet?.

i loved to think that after the story ended the Project Mayhem was destroying everything, but it looks like its not, i can understand Jack and Marla married, but where is my appocalypse?

the book ending was very much different than the movie ending.

the book ending was very much different than the movie ending.

the book ending was amazing, the movie one was not so good, it felt like it ended before the ending, if that makes sense

the book ending was amazing, the movie one was not so good, it felt like it ended before the ending, if that makes sense

My favorite part of the book. :icon_chee

"I

At the end of the book it says

Every once in a while, somebody brings me my lunch tray and my meds and he has a black eye or his forehead is swollen with stitches, and he says

"We miss you Mr. Durden."

Or somebody with a broken nose pushes a mop past me and whispers:

"Everything's going according to plan."

Whispers:

"We're going to break up civilization so we can make something better out of this world."

Whispers:

"We look forward to getting you back."

At the end of the book it says

Every once in a while, somebody brings me my lunch tray and my meds and he has a black eye or his forehead is swollen with stitches, and he says

"We miss you Mr. Durden."

Or somebody with a broken nose pushes a mop past me and whispers:

"Everything's going according to plan."

Whispers:

"We're going to break up civilization so we can make something better out of this world."

Whispers:

"We look forward to getting you back."

Yes, controlled ice age throu Mayhem, i just wish it was real, is that so wrong?

Kellan Lutz to Join Sylvester Stallone in THE EXPENDABLES 3

Kellan-Lutz-Expendables-3-Dragonlord.jpg

Kellan Lutz, who played Emmett Cullen in The Twilight Saga, is in early talks to join Sylvester Stallone in "The Expendables 3," an individual familiar with the Lionsgate project told TheWrap. Lionsgate did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Australian filmmaker Patrick Hughes, who has a successful background in commercials, is directing the action-packed sequel, which Stallone is producing with Millennium Films. The Expendables 3 hits theaters Aug. 15, 2014.

According to insiders, Expendables 3 will introduce a younger group of tech-savvy action heroes who initially clash with the older crew, though they eventually team up to save the day. It remains unclear which surviving cast from The Expendables 2 will join Stallone in the sequel, though action heroes Jackie Chan and Wesley Snipes have been rumored for new roles. While Stallone has hinted on Twitter at the potential casting of Mel Gibson, TheWrap has confirmed that the Lethal Weapon star is not officially involved with The Expendables 3 at the moment.

Since his breakout role in the Twilight Saga, Lutz has starred in Relativity's "Immortals" and the Michael Bay-produced remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. He recently wrapped the title role in Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D and also stars in an upcoming Tarzan movie.

Kellan Lutz in Talks to Join Sylvester Stallone and Gang in THE EXPENDABLES 3

Ronda Rousey and Victor Ortiz Join THE EXPENDABLES 3

Ronda-Rousey-The-Expendables-3-Dragonlord.jpg

Following news earlier today of The Twilight Saga's Kellan Lutz joining the cast of The Expendables 3, comes word, via Sylvester Stallone's Twitter feed, that mixed martial artist Ronda Rousey and welterweight boxer Victor Ortiz will be joining the ensemble as well. Stallone tweeted, "Ronda Rousey will show championship form in Expendables 3! So will multi champion and rising star Victor Ortiz!"

In addition to Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jason Statham have been confirmed for the project, which is slated to begin shooting next month in Los Angeles. Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich are also rumored to be in advanced negotiations to join the cast as well.

The Expendables 3 will mark the acting debut of both Rousey and Ortiz. The former is the first American woman to have ever taken home an Olympic medal for Judo (a bronze in the 2008 summer games in Beijing) while the latter emerged as WBC's welterweight champion in 2011. He also recently appeared on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars".

The Expendables 3 will be directed by Patrick Hughes and will arrive in theaters on August 15, 2014.

Ronda Rousey and Victor Ortiz Join the Cast of THE EXPENDABLES 3

It would be cool if they could get Edward Norton back to star in a Fight Club sequel movie. I think that with him "killing" his alter ego of Tyler Durden that Pitt wouldn't return for a sequel.

Chuck Palahniuk Working on FIGHT CLUB Sequel Graphic Novel

2sayr1z.jpg

A Fight Club sequel is happening, though not in the way that you might expect. Author Chuck Palahniuk has announced that he is working on a sequel to his 1996 novel Fight Club, though this time he will be telling the story in graphic novel form. Palahniuk announced the news at Comic-Con this past weekend, revealing that the story takes place 10 years later and is told from Tyler

We see bits we've already tasted in the trailer: Thor collecting Jane from London; Thor visiting Loki in prison, Rene Russo's Frigga looking worried and Anthony Hopkins' Odin warning of the dark. Idris Elba's Heimdall turns up, looking serious and warning of the threat to come. But there was lots of Loki here, first being threatened by Thor's friends if he dares betray his brother again, and then being punched in the face by Natalie Portman's Jane Foster ("That's for New York!").

There's a lot more of Jane here; this footage very much gave off the vibe that this is more of a love story than the first one was, with the pair snogging in both Asgard and on Earth.
But Jane's clearly in danger too, again in both places, as Loki's suddenly-but-inevitably betrays his brother again to get another shot at revenge against Earth. And shockingly, as Thor is knocked to his knees before his enemies and reaches out his hand to summon Mjolnir, Loki's blade comes down and seemed, just before the footage ended, to sever his brother's hand. Shock!

carebear-suicide.gif

Topher Grace Joins Christopher Nolan's Sci-fi Film INTERSTELLAR

Topher-Grace-Interstellar-Dragonlord.jpg

While Christopher Nolan has never had a problem rounding up top rate actors to appear in his films, he's also always been up for throwing a curveball every now and again. Think Eric Roberts in The Dark Knight or Tom Berenger In Inception. And it looks the filmmaker has another trick up his sleeve and may be a closet fan of That '70s Show. Deadline reports that Topher Grace has boarded the cast Interstellar.

Yes, Eric Forman will now rub shoulders with Matthew McConaughey, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine, Anne Hathaway, Casey Affleck, Bill Irwin, Ellen Burstyn, John Lithgow, Twilight actress Mackenzie Foy, and Homeland actor Timothee Chalamet. Of course, don't ask what his role will be because as per usual Nolan is keeping all details locked in a vault deep in the Earth's core. But what we do know is that the movie will involve time travel and wormholes. Filming begins this fall and set to open on November 7, 2014.

Topher Grace is the Latest Actor to Join Christopher Nolan's Sci-fi Film INTERSTELLAR

New Photo Shows Another Glimpse of Dwayne Johnson as HERCULES

Dwayne Johnson: "Honor to work w/ HERCULES Cinematographer & multi Academy Award nominee Dante Spinotti."

BP2_sKSCQAAYsEL.jpg

New Trailer for GRAVITY is 90 Seconds of Space Terror

Gravity-Comic-Con-Image-Dragonlord.jpg

It's not a good time to be out for a space walk. The arresting new trailer for Gravity shows George Clooney and Sandra Bullock's space mission go very wrong as space debris hits their shuttle. As the two-minute clip plays out in a single shot, things get worse and worse for Bullock's character, Dr. Ryan Stone.

At Comic-Con, where footage from the film elicited a roaring response from the crowd, director Alfonso Cuaron told the audience the tech-heavy setting would not overshadow the human story. “No matter the spectacle, it’s the emotional core,” he said. The Warner Bros. film hits theaters Oct. 4.

Synopsis: Sandra Bullock plays Dr. Ryan Stone, a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (George Clooney) in command of his last flight before retiring. But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone–tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth…and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.

'Gravity' Trailer Sends Sandra Bullock Into the Abyss (Video)

First Trailer for Carl Rinsch's 47 RONIN Starring Keanu Reeves

47-ronin-header.jpg

Universal has released the first trailer for director Carl Rinsch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back