• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MNN (Brief Footage from Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END; Scarlett Johansson in LUCY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome Japanese Poster for James Mangold's THE WOLVERINE

The-Wolverine-Japanese-Poster-Dragonlord.jpg

Those RIPD guns are bizarre. I cannot think of a single real-world reason the cylinders would need to be like that (assuming they shoot bullets). Is there something special about them in the source material I'm not aware of (I've never read them)?

Idk how they work in the comic book but they look quite different from the movie one

212zwxg.jpg

Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson to Star in Alex Garland

New Images from THE BLING RING Starring Emma Watson

A number of new images from writer/director Sofia Coppola’s upcoming film The Bling Ring have landed online. The pic marks Coppola’s follow-up to her 2010 film Somewhere and is based on the true story of a group of teenagers who robbed the homes of the rich and famous between October 2008 and August 2009, coming away with over $3 million worth of loot from the likes of Paris Hilton, Orlando Bloom, and Lindsay Lohan. The new images also give us another look at Emma Watson’s rather interesting character transformation. The film also stars Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story), Israel Broussard (Flipped), Katie Chang, Claire Julien, and Leslie Mann. The Bling Ring opens in limited release on June 14th.Click HERE to see the first trailer.

emma-watson-the-bling-ring1-600x421.jpg

the-bling-ring-emma-watson-israel-broussard-600x421.jpg

the-bling-ring-emma-watson-600x421.jpg

the-bling-ring-emma-watson-leslie-mann-600x421.jpg

the-bling-ring-cast-600x421.jpg

New Images from Sofia Coppola’s THE BLING RING Starring Emma Watson

Stanley Tucci, Anne Heche, and Cedric the Entertainer Join HEAT

timthumb.php

Stanley Tucci, Anne Heche, and Cedric the Entertainer have joined Jason Statham’s upcoming action flick Heat, about a gambling addict and ex-mercenary named Nick (played by Statham) working for hire in Las Vegas. In Statham’s action remake Heat, Deadline reports that Tucci, Heche, and Cedric the Entertainer join a stacked cast that includes Hope Davis, Milo Ventimiglia, Sophia Vergara, Michael Angarano, and Dominik Garcia-Lorido.

Oscar-winning screenwriter William Goldman (The Princess Bride), author of the source novel, will write the screenplay while Simon West (The Expendables 2) will direct. Statham does very well in physical, stunt-oriented action roles, and that’s exactly what this remake appears to be.

Stanley Tucci, Anne Heche, and Cedric the Entertainer Join HEAT Remake

First Trailer for ROMEO & JULIET Starring Hailee Steinfeld

romeo-and-juliet-movie-image-hailee-steinfeld-douglas-booth-slice.jpg

The first trailer for director Carlo Carlei’s adaptation of Romeo & Juliet has landed online. Written by Julian Fellowes (Downton Abbey, Gosford Park), the film stars Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit) as Juliet and Douglas Booth (The Pillars of the Earth) as Romeo, with a rather impressive supporting cast that includes Paul Giamatti, Stellan Skarsgard, and Homeland’s Damian Lewis.

Carlei maintains the original setting of Shakespeare’s play and looks to be taking a rather classical approach to the storytelling. Following a rather awkward opening with “movie trailer guy” reciting Shakespeare, the clip sufficiently teases the romantic and intense aspects of Shakespeare’s source material. However, with a story that’s been told countless times, it’s tough to be excited by a new adaptation unless its told in an original or interesting fashion.

The film also stars Ed Westwick, Kodi Smit-McPhee (Let Me In) and Natascha McElhone. Romeo & Juliet is set for release in the U.K on July 26th, but a US distribution deal has yet to be made.

First Trailer for ROMEO & JULIET Starring Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth

Ashley Judd Will Play Shailene Woodley's Mom in DIVERGENT

Ashley-Judd-Divergent-Dragonlord.jpg

Ashley Judd (Heat) has joined the cast of Neil Burger’s Divergent, starring Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, Aaron Eckhart and Theo James. Heat Vision reports that Judd will play Beatrice “Tris” Prior’s (Woodley) mother. The film is set in a future world where citizens are divided into distinct factions based on their character traits. Judd’s character Natalie Prior watches along with her husband Andrew (Eckhart) as their children are sorted. Tris, a Divergent, doesn’t belong to any group and thus finds herself the target of extermination. She then must risk everything to stop a war between the factions.

The adaptation of the best-selling Veronica Roth novel series is currently in production and opens March 21, 2014. Judd was recently seen opposite Eckhart as the First Lady to his President Asher in Olympus Has Fallen, but opted out of politics herself after flirting with a run for the Senate.

Ashley Judd Will Play Shailene Woodley's Mother in Neil Burger's DIVERGENT

Joel McHale to Join Adam Sandler Comedy with Drew Barrymore

Joel-McHale-Dragonlord.jpg

Joel McHale (Community) is in negotiations to join an untitled Warner Bros. romantic comedy starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, who will reunite with The Wedding Singer director Frank Coraci. Variety reports that McHale is in talks to join as the ex-husband of Barrymore’s character. Scripted by Ivan Menchell and Clare Sera, the rom-com follows a couple who suffer through a disastrous blind date only to be trapped in a family resort with their children from previous marriages.

McHale, who splits TV time between The Soup and Community, is currently filming Tristram Shapeero’s A Friggin’ Christmas Miracle, starring Robin Williams, Lauren Graham and Oliver Platt. McHale was most recently seen as a felt version of his Greendale alter ego, Jeff Winger.

Joel McHale to Join Untitled Comedy Starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore

Adam Shankman to Direct THE MACHINE Starring Vin Diesel

adam-shankman-slice.jpg

Adam Shankman is in talks to reteam with his The Pacifier star Vin Diesel for the action comedy The Machine. As it was reported last July when Alfred Gough and Miles Millar (Smallville) came on board to rewrite the script by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant (The Pacifier), “the story centers on a human-like machine (Diesel) created in secrecy by the Pentagon as the world’s first true ultimate weapon. Twenty years after the project was buried and decommissioned for reasons unknown, The Machine is discovered by a kid who befriends him. When the government learns it has been reactivated, the Machine must protect the family harboring him.”

Deadline also uses this synopsis in their report, so it's safe to assume Gough and Millar didn’t make any radical changes. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make a terrible family film that’s going to make a boatload of money. No one here is laboring under any delusions of grandeur.

Adam Shankman to Direct Action Comedy THE MACHINE Starring Vin Diesel

Comments: Vin Diesel already made this film and it was titled The Iron Giant.

Abbie Cornish Lands Female Lead in SOLACE with Colin Farrell

Abbie-Cornish-Dragonlord-1.jpg

Abbie Cornish (Sucker Punch) has reportedly landed the role of the leading lady in Afonso Poyart’s upcoming film Solace, which will also star Colin Farrell and Anthony Hopkins. According to Variety, Solace is about an FBI agent who partners with a doctor who has psychic abilities hunt down a serial killer. It is unknown which role Cornish will play. Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson and Thomas Augsberger will produce with Sean Bailey, Ted Griffin, James Vanderbilt and Peter Morgan.

Solace has been in development limbo for some time (Bailey wrote the script before becoming president of production at Disney) but it now looks ready to rev up. Cornish has gradually moved into leading-lady status, and her roles in MGM’s Robocop reboot and Ridley Scott’s Discovery Channel miniseries Klondike seems to sustain that argument.

Abbie Cornish Lands Female Lead in the Crime Thriller SOLACE with Colin Farrell

First Teaser Trailer for Live-Action GATCHAMAN Movie

Gatchaman-First-Image-Dragonlord.jpg

The first teaser trailer for the live-action Gatchaman is now online. Based on the anime Science Team Ninja Gatchaman, the show is better known in the western world as Battle of the Planets or G-Force. While the 30-second teaser hardly reveals any significant footage and consist mostly of Japanese voice over from the cast, it does provide a few glimpse of the cool superhero suits. Directed by Toya Sato, the film stars Tori Matsuzaka, Ayame Gouriki, Ryohei Suzuki, Gō Ayano, and Tatsuomi Hamada. Gatchaman opens in Japan on August 24, 2013.

The anime premiered in 1972 and recorded viewership ratings as high as 21% right from the beginning. Tatsunoko Productions only planned to air two seasons at first, but in the end, a total of eight seasons, that amount to as many as 105 episodes, were aired. Fans were quick to sign petitions to continue the series, which resulted in a movie and multiple spin-offs.

Synopsis: The five serve as agents of the International Science Organization in Tokyo in the near future. Galactor, a mysterious group whose technology far surpasses that of humans, has declared war on the entire world and has already subjugated half of it. A mysterious crystal-like object called a "stone," is humanity's only hope. Those who are able to draw out the power of the "stones" are forced to train to become special agents in a five-person team called "Gatchaman."

they didn't Twilight Romeo and Juliet did they?

First Reaction from Test Screening of Spike Lee's OLDBOY

Oldboy-Banner-0412-Dragonlord.jpg

A "trusted source" from JoBlo has provided a detailed reaction from a test screening of Spike Lee's Oldboy. For those unfamiliar with the remake, the film stars Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen, Sharlto Copley and Samuel L. Jackson, and hits theaters on October 11, 2013. Brolin plays an advertising executive kidnapped and held hostage for 20 years in solitary confinement. When he is inexplicably released, he embarks on an obsessive mission to discover who orchestrated his punishment, only to find he is still trapped in a web of conspiracy and torment. Here is the source's reaction (spoilers):

"Brolin’s performance as Joe (Oh dae-su from the original), in my opinion, can be paralleled to the anti-heroics of Walter White in Breaking Bad: you feel for him, you root for him, but that does not make him a good guy. Brolin is at his best here as your heart breaks for him and you want desperately for his mental torture and anguish to be over."

"When Copley came on screen, I couldn’t even recognize him. He honestly blew me away with how good he was. You can tell that he’s having a great time playing a bad guy and loves to be the cat toying with a mouse right before he eats it. He comes across as someone who has immense pity for Joe while taking satisfaction from watching him squirm."

"There are only minor changes, with stuff like the prison sequence being longer and some tweaks to the ending. It’s not shot for shot by any means either, so if you see it, you should definitely expect things to be different and to cringe all over again."

"Don’t worry, this is going to be rated R. Much like the original, acts two and three are very sadistic and “wrong.” The violence hasn’t been downplayed even a little bit as its just as sick and twisted as the original. If I had to summarize the violence in three words, they would bloody, gratuitous and hammer."

"While the hallway fight scenes are basically the same across both versions, they do have some similarities. Rather than a fight down a long hallway, Joe is tasked with fighting guys down hallways across three floors."

"The ending is even more incestuous than the original. The “big twist?” Still in there as is. However, the villain’s character…let’s just say the best thing about incest is that it’s the game the whole family can play! The last few minutes differ greatly from the Korean film in a way that I feel fits this version very well. I don’t want to give away too much, but to me, it almost makes more sense than the original’s ending."

"Overall, I really enjoyed the movie and I can’t wait to see the final version of it in theatres. Even after seeing the original, I could say that I like them equally as much. The acting, story, and action all outweigh the negatives of the film, which can (and hopefully will be) fixed up before the final cut‘s release. I’ll give it an 8/10. And, as a quick note, the film was presented without a title, so we might have to start referring to it as something else sometime soon."

Oldboy Test Screening Reaction Says It's "Just as Sick and Twisted as the Original"

Description of the First Trailer for THOR: THE DARK WORLD

Thor-Dark-World-First-Image-Dragonlord.jpg

Today at the Disney Consumer Show 2013 in Mexico, an expo dedicated exclusively for businessmen, Marvel International vice-president Nigel Cook gave a conference about the Marvel Cinematic Universe. To the surprise of many, he unveiled the first trailer for Thor: The Dark World. The people who have claimed to have seen the trailer gave a very vague and brief description the scenes that will appear in the trailer. They also said that it doesn't look anything like the set photos we've been seen before and that it looks AWESOME. According to Cook, the trailer will be released within 15 days and it will be screened before Iron Man 3. Here's the trailer description:

"It starts with a voiceover, is Thor, you see some scenes of a big battle and then Jane Foster and other humans running scared cause something is "coming". Thor says: "I promised I would return for you" as we see Thor arriving Earth to take Jane to Asgard.

Apparently the fight scenes are pretty awesome, and the trailer show that Thor is out of Malekith's league, in fact we can see a very damaged and tired God of Thunder. And since he's no match for the Dark Elve, the mighty Avenger will have to search for help. This lead us to a scene where we see a big crystal prision and there's someone sit on the ground. It's Loki.

Thor says: I need your help, but if you betray me…I will kill you. Loki smiles and answers: What do I have to do?

Then we see another scene of Thor figthing Malekith while Jane is watching. Malekith looks threatening. Jane looks terrified. Thor looks overwhelmed. Malekith stares at Jane and Thor yells: NOOOOO!"

Description of the THOR: THE DARK WORLD Trailer, Will Be Attached to IRON MAN 3

Rob Cohen to Direct Action/Adventure Film CRASH BANDITS

ROB-COHEN.jpg

It looks like Rob Cohen is still managing to wrangle in some projects, despite having had less than stellar turnouts for his recent ventures with Alex Cross and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. Word now comes that Cohen will direct the action/adventure film Crash Bandits. The pic comes from a script by Michael Stokes and is being made by Nu Image/Millienium, and will tell the story of a rivalry between two competing treasure hunters.

While Cohen did start out in his career stronger with the likes of The Fast and the Furious and XXX, his track record as of late doesn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back