MMO's

Gfreak

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Looking for a new MMO to play. I've played a lot of different MMO's over the years, but haven't been active in one since FFXIV came out. Looking to get back into one for a bit now that I'm done with Dark souls and all lol.

I don't mind paying a subscription if the community and game are worth it.

Some of my favorite MMO's have been:

WoW:bc
FFXIV
Rift was fun for a while, but got bored.
GW/GW2
Eve

I'm REALLY waiting for The Eternal Crusade to come out ( hug warhammer fan) But that's a ways away...

Any advice? Anyone on here that still actively plays MMO's?

I would advise tera, its free and visually well done.
I am pretty excited for archeage to go live in NA.

Looking for a new MMO to play. I've played a lot of different MMO's over the years, but haven't been active in one since FFXIV came out. Looking to get back into one for a bit now that I'm done with Dark souls and all lol.

I don't mind paying a subscription if the community and game are worth it.

Some of my favorite MMO's have been:

WoW:bc
FFXIV
Rift was fun for a while, but got bored.
GW/GW2
Eve

I'm REALLY waiting for The Eternal Crusade to come out ( hug warhammer fan) But that's a ways away...

Any advice? Anyone on here that still actively plays MMO's?

This x1000000000000000000000000000000000

i am casually waiting for that

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=34434

here some info on it beta registration is open

Open World and Procedurally Generated Content
Eternal Crusade

This x1000000000000000000000000000000000

i am casually waiting for that

Oh, trust me. I've read everything that's even possible to read about this game haha :icon_chee

Here's a dev-tracker you might be interested in.

http://www.battle-brothers.net/devtrack

It automatically tracks and updates developer posts from their forums and puts them there. Awesome lil tool I found lol>

As for Tera, I tried it a while back and couldn't get into it...felt too much like a worse off version of Monster hunter to me lol. Maybe I'll give it another chance though. And yea, I"m looking at archeage as well when it comes out.

The only mmo that's pulled me back in after quitting is Everquest. Ive played a lot of the rest and they either suck or just get repetitive, or they are just wow clones... there is so much shit to do in eq now its insane. I'd play if I wasnt back in college, lol.

Oh, trust me. I've read everything that's even possible to read about this game haha :icon_chee

Here's a dev-tracker you might be interested in.

http://www.battle-brothers.net/devtrack

It automatically tracks and updates developer posts from their forums and puts them there. Awesome lil tool I found lol>

As for Tera, I tried it a while back and couldn't get into it...felt too much like a worse off version of Monster hunter to me lol. Maybe I'll give it another chance though. And yea, I"m looking at archeage as well when it comes out.

its good to see another Texan is gonna be joining me in the crusade against the false emperor.

Since you're willing to pay a subscription, give TESO a try. It got a lot of flak (some of it from people who probably didn't even touch the beta), but it's huge, has a good player-base and some interesting systems, not to mention the fully voiced NPCs, very rich lore, etc. I've been spoiled by it and don't think I can go back to Rift or Aion now.

I'm going to recommend trying Wildstar if you haven't already - it's new, the community is growing, and you'll have a good chance at joining a progression guild right as they get going.

I did not like Wildstar, but that's just my personal preference.

its good to see another Texan is gonna be joining me in the crusade against the false emperor.

Iron within, iron without! :icon_twis

I was looking at TESO, and that's definitely an option since I enjoyed oblivion/skyrim so much. But watching my Bro play it, it looked much more bland than the RPG games. Is it not?

Wildstar is one of the ones I"ve been looking at too, just still undecided as to whether or not I wanna pony up the money yet.

Best MMO ever created and it's free to play.

www.SWGEmu.com

Now THIS I'm definitely going to look into lol. I played SWG for a little while, but didn't get to it before EA took over :icon_conf

I also have a fairly high level in runescape, and don't have much interest in playing that again.

Oh, the WoW thing. I have heard that it adds some good stuff, not my cuppa though.

Now THIS I'm definitely going to look into lol. I played SWG for a little while, but didn't get to it before EA took over :icon_conf

I also have a fairly high level in runescape, and don't have much interest in playing that again.

If you need any help getting started, just shoot me a PM.

The game is still in development, but very close to complete.

If you need any help getting started, just shoot me a PM.

The game is still in development, but very close to complete.

Yea for sure man! How's the community? Size/activeness and all.

As for Warlords of Draenor. I actually have it pre-ordered, so I"m sure I"ll atleast level up through the content when it's released. But I can't stick with WoW for very long before getting bored lol.

Back