MMA Weekly named Benson Henderson Fighter of the Year?

Sabre420

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wow. This is a shock to me. 2 fights against Edgar that could have gone either way (IMO) and a win over Diaz. Not to disrespect Ben, but Johnny Hendricks gets my vote.

I am an Edgar fan and I think Edgar won the second fight but hey that's what happens when it goes to the judges.

I think Ben is deserving being 3-0 in title fights against stiff competition.

Hendricks has a case as well.

Because a win over Koscheck that could have gone either way and KO over Kampmann is better than winning the belt and defending it twice?

Fighter of the year with one debatable and one gift decision win, along with one dominant decision win? WOW!!!

I say give Ronda fighter of the year, as well. Throw in knock out of the year and everything of the year. That seems to be the trend for the stars UFC is trying to promote.

Because a win over Koscheck that could have gone either way and KO over Kampmann is better than winning the belt and defending it twice?

Yea. LOL. and the December 30th fight against Fitch would count, considering that the vote takes place before the end of the year. Fitch and Kampman were number one contenders.

Hendricks case would be better if the Fitch fight had been this year.

It's as simple as no one did very much this year. Bendo took, by far, the biggest step forward. Hendricks and Roussey are the only other viable candidates.

In b4 Brown. He had a good year, but not against the level of competition Bendo and Hendricks saw.

You might not have heard he also fought Jon fitch and KO'd him

I think Edgar should be considering how much smaller he is and he nearly beat Benson twice (I thought he did).

But yeah Benson is a good choice. He beat Diaz badly and went 100% through the whole fight, and he still looked okay. I've never seen that before EVER. Way better than GSP IMO.

He deserves it. Brando clearly beat Edgar in the first fight and I thought Edgar won the second fight but bendo still dominated Diaz

He deserves it. Brando clearly beat Edgar in the first fight and I thought Edgar won the second fight but bendo still dominated Diaz

How did he clearly beat him in the first fight? the up kick and Edgars black eye. If Frankie would have got the same "Champion Treatment" by the judges that Benson got the 2nd fight, he would have never lost the belt.

[QUOTENot to disrespect Ben, but Johnny Hendricks gets my vote.[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't watch Hendricks vs Koscheck

I'd also add Alexander Gustafsson to the mix. He had a Dec 30, 2011 fight too.

[QUOTENot to disrespect Ben, but Johnny Hendricks gets my vote.

You obviously didn't watch Hendricks vs Koscheck[/QUOTE]

I did. I also watched Edgar vs Henderson 1 and 2.

[/B]

You obviously didn't watch Hendricks vs Koscheck

I did. I also watched Edgar vs Henderson 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

IMO Edgar won the 1st fight and Benson won the 2nd

How did he clearly beat him in the first fight? the up kick and Edgars black eye. If Frankie would have got the same "Champion Treatment" by the judges that Benson got the 2nd fight, he would have never lost the belt.

Hey Cecil

Back