MMA Weekly named Benson Henderson Fighter of the Year?

I thought he shoulda lost thed edgar fights. So ya he wouldn't get my vote. Andy beat sonnen and bonnar, a lot more impressivly.

Or jones.

I thought he shoulda lost thed edgar fights. So ya he wouldn't get my vote. Andy beat sonnen and bonnar, a lot more impressivly.

Or jones.

Anderson was supposed to beat Bonner, Sonnen was impressive. Jones was supposed to beat Vitor, Rashad was impressive.

You might not have heard he also fought Jon fitch and KO'd him

That was in 2011. But if that counts it definately bumps him up a lot.

Still think Bendo deserves it more since he won 3 title fights. 1 of them was controversial. Bendo won the 1st one clearly, just delusional Edgar fans think he won it.

Anderson was supposed to beat Bonner, Sonnen was impressive. Jones was supposed to beat Vitor, Rashad was impressive.
Bendo beating diaz was really impressive, but like I said. He lost to edgar twice in my eyes so I wouldn't give him fighter of the year

That was in 2011. But if that counts it definately bumps him up a lot.

Still think Bendo deserves it more since he won 3 title fights. 1 of them was controversial. Bendo won the 1st one clearly, just delusional Edgar fans think he won it.

Not an Edgar fan, but if you look at how hard it is to take the belt from the champion via decision, (Machida vs Shogun 1, Benson vs Edgar 2) that's another story.

Demetrious Johnson could be another option if you want to use a guy that fought 2 fights against the same guy. I personally thought he lost the first McCall fight tho.

Two close fights against Frankie Edgar is remarkably impressive no matter what the official records show. Couple that with dominating Diaz over five rounds, Bendo ends up with a title win, a controversial title defense, and then a convincing title defense all over essentially the highest level of competition available in the weight class.

And lmfao @ knocking Bendo for the fights going to decision. Diaz hasn't been finished since 2006 when he was greener than Kermit the frog, and The Answer has never been finished.

Not a bad choice.

Two close fights against Frankie Edgar is remarkably impressive no matter what the official records show. Couple that with dominating Diaz over five rounds, Bendo ends up with a title win, a controversial title defense, and then a convincing title defense all over essentially the highest level of competition available in the weight class.

And lmfao @ knocking Bendo for the fights going to decision. Diaz hasn't been finished since 2006 when he was greener than Kermit the frog, and The Answer has never been finished.

Not a bad choice.

Well, that's the best response in Benson's defense Ive heard so far. Like I said, I wasnt meaning any disrespect, but just thought there were better options. IMO Benson and Mighty Mouse had a pretty similar year.

Yeah like he's not trying, its a tough sport for a doer, easy to sit behind a comuter and write this.

It wasnt my intention for this thread to turn to bashing any fighter. Guess I should have known better on Sherdog tho.

Without the Fitch fight (which was on the 30th), Johny doesn't deserve it. Got to have 3 wins to be FOTY. I think Benson is a good pick. No one thought he would be champ after 2012 (and if they did it was in the minority)

Anderson Silva gets my vote. Viciously and very convincingly beating the only guy who has ever really threatened him in the UFC, only to move up to LHW and finish a guy who has never been finished before (by guys who were way bigger than AS). Very impressive if you ask me, he looked untouchable in both fights.

I can see why Bendo would get the vote too, though.

Without the Fitch fight (which was on the 30th), Johny doesn't deserve it. Got to have 3 wins to be FOTY. I think Benson is a good pick. No one thought he would be champ after 2012 (and if they did it was in the minority)

They usually include any fights towards the end of the previous year that werent included in last years voting though.

I think you really got to give it to Nick Diaz. Most effortless rise to a title shot of all time.

ben lost to frankie imo and the first onee in could have gone in frankies way also

Back