mma training and weightlifting

R

Rustam

wonder how you guys get it all together...
i,am doing this right now:
mo 1hour bjj/ 1,5 hours mt
tue 2hours of mma
wed rest/yoga
thu 2 hours mma
fri rest or mt
saturday is the day where i go to the gym to lift. i also do sprinting on the treadmill there.

on the mma days i do bw after class (if i,am not too dead)
want do to mor lifting but i dont want to replace classes, and also dont want do cross the recovery time from lifting with mma classes. any ideas?
how do you combine lots of mma with weights?

(ya i did search in this forums, but i dont find a answer that satisfieds...)

General rules to folow, (after you have read the stickies of course..) Stay with the basics, dont waste your time on anything that is unessesary and could be done better with a compound movement. For instance to curl when it would be more beneficial for you to do pullups..

Another good thing is to try and lift in the morning on a day that you do MMA training to give yourself more complete rest days.

krellik said:
Another good thing is to try and lift in the morning on a day that you do MMA training to give yourself more complete rest days.

but didnt i need to have rest right AFTER lifting, and mma in the evening would be too much stress for recovering of the muscles?

You have the whole day to recover, personaly I think thats better and take more complete resting days.

But in the end its about your body and how fast it recovers.

man you've got heaps of time to fit it in, you could do 2 different full body routines with 4 or 5 exercises and do it like this:

tue 2hours of mma
wed rest/yoga <- Weights Day 1 followed by yoga
thu 2 hours mma
fri rest or mt
saturday is the day where i go to the gym to lift. i also do sprinting on the treadmill there. <-Weights day 2
sunday: rest

or you could do the 3 day push/pull/squat split like this
tue 2hours of mma
wed rest/yoga <- weights day 1
thu 2 hours mma
fri rest or mt <-weights day 2
saturday rest
Sunday: weights day 3

or set up a home gym and like krellik said lift in the morning.

Reakt said:
or set up a home gym and like krellik said lift in the morning.

That's your best bet IMO.

my sked:

mon: am lift mon pm:bjj
tue: standup
wed: bjj
thu: no gi
fri: am lift pm bjj
sat: standup
sun rest or active rest

thank you guys for the aswers. i dont need a homegym, cause i have the lucky opportunity to have weightgym were i can go from 6 in the morning. i only didnt to that because i tought it will harm the recovery of the used muscles when train hard in the evening again.....

the push/pull/squat seem to make sence..

If you get enough sleep and eat well, you'll be fine. The last thing you want to happen would be analysis leads to paralysis thingie.

Rustam said:
thank you guys for the aswers. i dont need a homegym, cause i have the lucky opportunity to have weightgym were i can go from 6 in the morning. i only didnt to that because i tought it will harm the recovery of the used muscles when train hard in the evening again.....

the push/pull/squat seem to make sence..

Back