MMA School/Gym in NYC input appreciated

Thanks for the reply SamboSteve. Unfortunately, I can't afford $175 a month for unlimited training right now.

I was hoping to find a place that offers unlimited training for at or around $150 a month.

Yeah, I'm not sure about DeRosa Pure MMA. I am going to try out a class on Thursday and see how it is.

I thought the whole point of an MMA gym/school was to offer everything.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Monthly unlimited classes at Evolution: 155 a month. If you're a college student, 145.

How you like them apples?

Those apples are very appealing right about now.

Although I checked out Five Points. I have to say that place is like my dream gym.

Amazing facility, unfortunately no classes geared towards mma and mixing up the striking with the grappling. One of the co-owners informed me that they are gonna be tearing down a wall soon to make the gym even bigger. Its already probably one of the biggest gyms I've been to so far.

But they make you sign a 12 month contract. The monthly rate is expensive (although they offer alot which kind of justifies the high price). And they make you buy a required uniform that you have to wear to they're classes (which is just plain dumb and gross, because I can't do laundry for 1 t shirt everyday).

I just found this place

Elite plus fitness

Can anyone offer any input on that place?

Never heard of the place or of the people, looks like a lot of it is TMA influenced, which isnt necessarily bad but is sometimes risky especially to a beginner.

Check out the more well known places first, along with this, to make your decision

I just found this place

Elite plus fitness

Can anyone offer any input on that place?

Can't speak to the training there, but they ran a horribly organized takedown tournament at the MMA expo this past weekend. Very poorly run and officiated. And, since only 5 people registered for it, you would think it would have run perfectly. But, it was not. Rule changes, no visible scorboard, poor referees. I hate to think what would have happened if they had a large turn out.

I hope they run a club better than they run that tourny...

Fight Whisperer...

What gyms have you checked out so far?

What are your reviews. I know you thought our rates were a bit steep for your blood, but you should at least come by for a free trial class.

Can't speak to the training there, but they ran a horribly organized takedown tournament at the MMA expo this past weekend. Very poorly run and officiated. And, since only 5 people registered for it, you would think it would have run perfectly. But, it was not. Rule changes, no visible scorboard, poor referees. I hate to think what would have happened if they had a large turn out.

I hope they run a club better than they run that tourny...

Haha yeah I was at the expo too. Pretty poor turnout overall.

Haha yeah I was at the expo too. Pretty poor turnout overall.

I was there both days for most of the time and yes it was awful. last year was much better.... how can you have "bjj classes/seminars" and a muy thai fight with full music blasting going on at the same time?

and i did not even see a takedown tournament! lol. which day was it? did the russian bear guy who got robbed when he fought in absolute win it?

Back