MMA Journalist with Law Degree Dismantles Joe Rogan's Stipe HW GOAT Theory

Are you more or less inclined to believe Stipe is the HW GOAT now compared to a week ago?

• Total voters
He may have been peaking before Fedor lost but he was clearly losing a step by the time he faced Arlovski and the writing was on the wall shortly after that with the Sambo loss.

This us bullshit, he fought the clear number 1 3 times and the clear number 2 as well. Randy would have stood no chance against Fedor in pride days, Barnett had his chance in Pride and ducked it then blew it again in Affliction, Werdum in Pride also would have had no business sharing the ring with him on merit.

Basically Sergei ( who was his teammate) and Mir can be used to make your argument here.

Basically what you're doing is the same thing everyone does to try and discredit every other great. "He should have fought this guy or that guy", " He beat cans", "The division was weak" and so on, it's a huge problem with the fan base of this sport really, nobody's ever done enough to be considered a great.

He faced the same #1 3 times (1 didn’t finish) and once fought #2. Lol at saying werdum wasn’t worth on merit yet the majority of his opponents were far less worthy than him.

It’s not the same argument. Fedor was the #1 hw for a long time and most of his opponents in that time were NOT the natural next fight for the #1 hw. Which is what most champions face today.

I will always say fedor was an ATG and among the few greatest ever and still the hw goat. But I can also recognize that he’s put on too high a pedestal sometimes.

He faced the same #1 3 times (1 didn’t finish) and once fought #2. Lol at saying werdum wasn’t worth on merit yet the majority of his opponents were far less worthy than him.

It’s not the same argument. Fedor was the #1 hw for a long time and most of his opponents in that time were NOT the natural next fight for the #1 hw. Which is what most champions face today.

I will always say fedor was an ATG and among the few greatest ever and still the hw goat. But I can also recognize that he’s put on too high a pedestal sometimes.
Yeah, that's because he fought 4 or 5 times a year and took filler fights just to stay active, now a days we are lucky to see a champion fight twice a year and even luckier to see them fight the " clear natural next guy", you can't be serious with that.

Fuck, we only know who two current champions are even fighting next and I'm not sure either of them are the "clear natural next guy" but I know for sure one of them isn't.

We know who the clear next guy at WW is but will he actually get the fight he won a belt promising it too him like 2 years ago?

We know who the clear next guy at LW is but he's already sitting out next weekend and still may not get the fight he won a belt promising it too him also 2+ years ago.

Was Henry the "clear next guy" at BW?

Was TJ the "clear next guy" at FLW?

Was Conor the "clear next guy" at LW, or Dustin for that matter, how about Frankie at FW and the list goes on, lol.

The fact that he has a law degree makes me think even less of his opinion, not more.

1) what the fuck does a law degree have to do with MMA
2) mma journalist = keyboard warrior who has never trained a day in his life and knows nothing about MMA

rogan bless
merlin_136770162_abb672eb-183a-4d2d-9e40-9fe45733f1d2-jumbo.jpg

Yeah, that's because he fought 4 or 5 times a year and took filler fights just to stay active, now a days we are lucky to see a champion fight twice a year and even luckier to see them fight the " clear natural next guy", you can't be serious with that.

Fuck, we only know who two current champions are even fighting next and I'm not sure either of them are the "clear natural next guy" but I know for sure one of them isn't.

We know who the clear next guy at WW is but will he actually get the fight he won a belt promising it too him like 2 years ago?

We know who the clear next guy at LW is but he's already sitting out next weekend and still may not get the fight he won a belt promising it too him also 2+ years ago.

Was Henry the "clear next guy" at BW?

Was TJ the "clear next guy" at FLW?

Was Conor the "clear next guy" at LW, or Dustin for that matter, how about Frankie at FW and the list goes on, lol.
Funny thing is there were good arguments for each of them. Doesn’t hold for you.

Funny thing is there were good arguments for each of them. Doesn’t hold for you.
Maybe but nobody would consider any the "clear next guy" and there's better arguments against them so it doesn't really hold for you either my friend.

I already made my point anyway, when you fight 4 or 5 times a year obviously they aren't always going to be against the clear next guy but every time that guy existed, ( which I'm sure we can agree is rather rare to begin with) he fought him.

Anyways, this is clearly an exercise in futility on both our parts at this point so I don't really see any reason to continue, obviously we will agree to disagree but a civil debate with no childish name calling and insults is always a pleasure so kudos on that.

Cheers dude.

Back