Media MMA Guru on Jon Anik threatening to leave sport over criticism

I certainly would not miss but. But rather petty behaviour, guess he has not much else to worry about in his life than some random youtube comments.

Anik is ok, but can easily be replaced. Don't care

i would slap the shit out of anik and the neck-beard with the youtube channel if I wasnt fearful from the repercussions I would receive from god during my final judgement

If its done so in a righteous manor you should be fine.

If he does decide to leave, then he certainly shouldn't go over to Boxing.

With that fanbase the average IQ level is around 40-50 at BEST. Trying to have a worthwhile discussion online about it is surprisingly met by hostile early to mid teens, and also old men with the mental capacity of early to mid teens(in other words this particular fanbase never grows up).

They are only fans of 1 or 2 fighters instead of the whole sport, and it's an unhealthy obsession instead of a fandom. Any other fighter who is even a hint of a rival to this favorite fighter sucks, is overrated, everybody around them is a bum etc. If their favorite loses then he too, was never any good. 1 loss? Forget about it, should retire, his career is completely over, he should jump off a bridge etc.

MMA is only a light version of the atrocity I just described above. Kickboxing/Muay Thai communities and perhaps Grappling are not as bad, there is still a sense of martial arts respect there. But who's got time for those niche sports? I love watching them from time to time but they're not A-level combat sports and an Anik isn't gonna go over there.

Anik reads ads and doesn’t offer any fight insight or experience in the cage.

Why does he think he has any value?
Jon is actually very good at keeping the show running. He’s the play by play guy, he’s not there to be the insight to the action. That’s the colour commentators job. And every broadcast needs a play by play guy. But yeah he is going a bit overboard with his reaction here. Sports fans are toxic, it’s not exclusive to mma. Either don’t read the comments or just leave. The “I might quit in 2026” dangle is pretty lame and absolutely won’t change anything.

Saw he apologized for that.

He is a weird guy - seems like an attention seeker. Likes to insert himself into drama and create it.

He is good at his job, but the UFC would continue per usual if he left.

Back