• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA fighters who completely disappeared

Lots of top guys left suddenly.
Too lazy to look but there was a dude undefeated in ufc, 15-0 record and just left.

Damn bud are you Scott Smith or something? No other reason to be soo butthurt.
No, "simply" is not the key word there, numbnuts. He fought elsewhere and at some point stopped fighting. You want him to send you a letter saying he retired?

There's another smart ass comment for you. Enjoy contradicting yourself

I think he runs a bakery or restaurant now, last I heard anyways. This was him as of 2016 :( Legend getting older
View attachment 1019340
that is nuts, the dude looks happy though. crazy he cut to 205 and we were on the verge of that wanderlei match up. in that MW tournament. respect to vovchanchyn. best apple fritters for sure.

probably the biggest "what if" in my life
At the time they wanted to make it (2007) I think Igor would have won. Wandy's chin probably couldnt take a Igor punch after all he'd recently been through. (the Mirko and Hendo KO losses)

At the time they wanted to make it (2007) I think Igor would have won. Wandy's chin probably couldnt take a Igor punch after all he'd recently been through. (the Mirko and Hendo KO losses)
dude agreed and that's why i was super excited to see it. Igor smoked that japanese guy, beat Kondo, then got tapped by overeem. i thought the nakamura fight was close but i'd have to re-watch it. i just remember bas saying that a wand fight wasn't out of the equation and felt like they should have set that up ASAP. igor looked rejuvenated at MW, looked fast as fuck still, and carried that power.

The first name that comes to my mind is Karimula Barkalaev. He was a great fighter from Dagestan back in the late 90's and early 2000's, he even beat the great José Pelé Landi in a 185 tournamenet semi finals (after Pelé knocked out Matt Hughes) only to lose in the finals in a very close decision to the number one guy in the world at that weight: Dave Menne. Never seen afterwards...

The first name that comes to my mind is Karimula Barkalaev. He was a great fighter from Dagestan back in the late 90's and early 2000's, he even beat the great José Pelé Landi in a 185 tournamenet semi finals (after Pelé knocked out Matt Hughes) only to lose in the finals in a very close decision to the number one guy in the world at that weight: Dave Menne. Never seen afterwards...
Dave Menne unfortunatley is most remembered for getting destroyed by Phil Baroni,but most couldnt tell you he was the first UFC MW Champ.

Khazmat chimaev. He went into hiding after the Usman fight

Dave Herman. One of the biggest wastes of potential in MMA. Last I heard he now lives somewhere in Europe, maybe France or Italy and is a farmer.
dave-herman-4.jpg
Well he’s been a fugitive for 8 years over some nonsense. Good on him, he’s way better at absconding than fighting though, went 1-4 before being released from UFC and fleeing.

not ufc, but cole konrad comes to mind. he was undefeated as bellator’s hw champ, and then he just quit to be a dairy farmer or something. he was never heard from again.
The Polar Bear! He was dominant and quit because people were bitching about his lay and prey style. I was kind of glad, his fights were like watching grass grow.

Josh koshcheck
Kendell Grove
Tj Grant
Miguel torres
Germaine de Randamie

dude agreed and that's why i was super excited to see it. Igor smoked that japanese guy, beat Kondo, then got tapped by overeem. i thought the nakamura fight was close but i'd have to re-watch it. i just remember bas saying that a wand fight wasn't out of the equation and felt like they should have set that up ASAP. igor looked rejuvenated at MW, looked fast as fuck still, and carried that power.
At the time there were graphics of the fight,set to take place at the last ever PRIDEDFC event in japan,but was scrapped.

Igor had problems with his hands,and after over 100 combined mma and kickboxing fights,it seemed like his bread and butter was not going to hold up any longer. I heard rumors he couldnt close his hand anymore.

I remember he got offers from Strikeforce and Bellator but fought for them :( Could have been interesting there. I always wondered why he never went to the UFC after the PRIDE buyout. According to his latest post on Instagram, he's still at the beach!

I have a sneaking feeling that Blackhouse may have sabotaged his career somewhat as they did with Lil Nog and Filho to a lesser extent. I get the impression their management wanted each fighter to have his own division so with Anderson and Machida in the UFC as champs they didnt want these guys there as well threatening them.

"Simply" is the key word there. Scott Smith never formally retired and is not currently fighting in the regionals. Good attempt at a smart ass comment though.
He never formally retired because no one gave a shit about him.

Back