MMA fighters who completely disappeared

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who are some MMA fighters who have never been heard from again? Of course, I'm not talking about guys who simply were released and have since retired or fought in regionals. Just guys who were straight-up never heard from again?

One that comes to mind is Scott "Hands of Steel" Smith. Known for his wars in the UFC and Strikeforce. Should have been a former Strikeforce Middleweight champion had Cung Le not vacated his belt out of ducking the other top contenders in Strikeforce.

scott_smith_original.jpg

After the Cung Le fights, he went without another win in Strikeforce. Losing to Nick Diaz (at MW), getting flatlined by Paul Daley, decision by Tarec Saffiedine, and getting steamrolled by a tune-up in Lumumba Sayers. Apparently, he had a serious alcohol problem during this time. Had then been released by Strikeforce, a year before the Strikeforce roster was absorbed by the UFC. He had come back in 2014 for some promotion called West Coast Fighting Championship or something.

Dropped off the face of the planet since his last loss to Justin Baesman in like 2016/17 and was never heard from again. No social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, nothing. I don't know of a lot of cases like this in MMA fighters.

Also fun fact: Scott Smith was overpowered in EA MMA.

Of course, I'm not talking about guys who simply were released and have since retired or fought in regionals. Just guys who were straight-up never heard from again?

Had then been released by Strikeforce, a year before the Strikeforce roster was absorbed by the UFC. He had come back in 2014 for some promotion called West Coast Fighting Championship or something.

Dropped off the face of the planet since his last loss to Justin Baesman in like 2016/17 and was never heard from again.

{<huh}

images

Still to this day no one has found this Waldo.

I remember he got offers from Strikeforce and Bellator but fought for them :( Could have been interesting there. I always wondered why he never went to the UFC after the PRIDE buyout. According to his latest post on Instagram, he's still at the beach!

Brandon hinkle. I haven’t seen him forever. He reminded me of that guy in an old family guy episode with patty tanniger in regards to golfing. On the account of having the same face. . So yeah. I haven’t seen both in a while.

"Simply" is the key word there. Scott Smith never formally retired and is not currently fighting in the regionals. Good attempt at a smart ass comment though.

No, "simply" is not the key word there, numbnuts. He fought elsewhere and at some point stopped fighting. You want him to send you a letter saying he retired?

There's another smart ass comment for you. Enjoy contradicting yourself.

Back