MMA ELO site

tehMoose

The slayer of ufc shills
@Silver
Reaction score
Found an interesting site (I don't know if sharing here is allowed) so I'm gonna post some pics instead.

elo.png

elo2.png

Meh nerd talk never interests me because numbers are usually always theoretics

Interesting effort. I'd like to see their rankings within each division. I generally find FightMatrix rankings better than the UFC's, because they're mathematical.

However, P4P will always be subjective, because there's no possible way for any of these guys to ever face each other (for the most part) and one could argue that HW MMA and BW MMA aren't even the same "game". The skills a HW can physically execute and the dangers a HW faces are not the same ones a BW does. It's like having different chess leagues with different kinds of opponents for whom it's physically impossible to face each other, and then trying to compare them. It's the same reason WMMA rankings are separate from regular MMA, they're separate sports in a way. On top of that, you have different promotions with different levels of competition (*cough* MousasiAokiPitbull *cough*)

Add to that, that MMA is not like tennis or chess, where "flukes" are basically impossible. Poor decisions, flash KOs, impressive/unimpressive performances, championship/non-championship fights, steroid accusations, etc, complicate the perception of MMA performance a lot. There isn't even a single unified criteria for P4P that everyone agrees with.

With all that said, GSP is the GOAT.

Last edited:
Lol at Pitbull. Makes it all irrelevant

Lol at Pitbull. Makes it all irrelevant
Such a hater. Pitbull is PROBABLY top 3 in the world in FW. I would personally favor him against Max and Volk.

It's a cool thing to take a look at but not too useful in MMA. Guys fight so infrequently, are in different pools(weight classes, or orgs) and there's no accounting for how the fight went.

Such a hater. Pitbull is PROBABLY top 3 in the world in FW. I would personally favor him against Max and Volk.
I ain’t a hater but come on current top 5 pound for pound? Ehhhh

Back