• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law MLB moves All-Star Game out of Atlanta Braves' stadium due to Georgia's voter restriction law

The MLB has already postponed some opening day games due to COVID. It's not even a lock that the All-Star game will even happen. Georgia might've dodged a big money pit here. Even if it does happen, it's not like the stadium will be full, or the city will be in full swing to see any significant gains from such an event.

Nats-Mets

Mainstream republican policies are on the cancel culture chopping block now. GOP had a good run with their tactic of making it hard to vote, but the worm has turned so you can definitely kiss that shit goodbye lol

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-moves-...to-law-that-cuts-voting-access-185827789.html

The 2021 MLB All-Star Game won't be in Georgia.

Major League Baseball announced Friday afternoon that the game would be moving out of the Atlanta Braves' Truist Park because of the state's new law that restricts voting rights. The MLB draft is also being moved out of Georgia.

Commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement that "the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB draft."

=================================================================
Biden says he would 'strongly support' moving the MLB All-Star Game out of Georgia over new voting law

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/politics/biden-mlb-all-star-game-georgia/index.html

(CNN)President Joe Biden said he would "strongly support" moving this year's Major League Baseball All-Star Game out of Georgia following the passage of a sweeping elections bill that brings a wave of new voting restrictions to the state.

"I think today's professional athletes are acting incredibly responsibly. I would strongly support them doing that," Biden told ESPN in an interview on Wednesday. "People look to them. They're leaders."

==================================================================

WaPo Fact-Checkers Slam Biden for Georgia Election Law Claims: ‘Four Pinocchios’

https://news.yahoo.com/wapo-fact-checkers-slam-biden-153036411.html

bidenjoe_031020getty_2.jpg

The Washington Post fact-checking outfit awarded President Joe Biden “Four Pinocchios” — its worst rating — for his claim that a new Georgia election-security law “ends voting hours early.”

Biden, whose White House called the legislation “Jim Crow in the 21st Century,” has repeatedly insinuated that the law limits voting opportunities. “Among the outrageous parts of this new state law, it ends voting hours early so working people can’t cast their vote after their shift is over,” he said in a statement on Friday.

During his first presidential press conference on Thursday, Biden said what he was “worried about is how un-American this whole initiative is,” calling it “sick” and saying that “you’re going to end voting at five o’clock when working people are just getting off work.”

==================================================================

Note: 4 Pinocchios is the worst you can do.

So there you have it. The people of Georgia are punished for a law that actually improves the voting availability, transparency, and traceability, because so many wanted to lie... like President Joe Biden.

Jobs... lost
Opportunity... lost
Tax Revenue... lost

Let's see if Delta and Pepsi also leave Georgia taking further economic viability from the state.

It's also a bummer, because they were supposed to do a Hank Aaron tribute. Now what team did he play for? Hmmmmm?

Hank-Aaron.jpg

Also, should President Joe Biden be calling for the Olympic Team to pull our athletes from Beijing? Are we not about consistency?

Mainstream republican policies are on the cancel culture chopping block now. GOP had a good run with their tactic of making it hard to vote, but the worm has turned so you can definitely kiss that shit goodbye lol

I don't think you read the bill and likely don't have anything but MSM news sources. The exact opposite of "making it hard to vote", happens with the bill.

Isn't Georgia the state that refuses to remove the bust of a KKK member from their capitol building?

Wait no, that's Tennessee.

Just caught a glance at the ticker. Still not a good sign when opening day doesn't go off without a hitch.

Anyways, the MLB should start talking about dissolving the Braves, because they care so much and all...

Most games did but in general I agree.

I hate the Braves so I'd love to see that (too successful of a franchise obviously)

Most games did but in general I agree.

I hate the Braves so I'd love to see that (too successful of a franchise obviously)

I think if they were to get dissolved, they should appear to have won their right to stay in the league and dominate the initial proceedings, only to get beaten by some lawyer at the last minute. It would be...appropriate.

I think if they were to get dissolved, they should appear to have won their right to stay in the league and dominate the initial proceedings, only to get beaten by some lawyer at the last minute. It would be...appropriate.

That's probably spot on

Normally I would support a private company if they wanted to move to a different venue. Much like a baker does not have to make a wedding cake with 2 grooms on top.
The problem with baseball, is they have special exemption through Congress and are allowed to be a monopoly. It why the USFL was allowed to challenge the NFL, because baseball is the only one of the big 4(MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL) allowed to be a legal monopoly.
https://theweek.com/articles/774406/how-mlb-gamed-way-into-baseball-monopoly
So since they have a special exemption, I would not have a problem with Congress voting on it. The problem is they would get all motivated about a vote on this bullshit, but you cant get Congress to do shit anymore other than cater to the Rubes or pass bills to spy on Americans.

Embarrassing stuff form the Biden regime. A reporter asked her if it was hypocritical to call for a boycott of a US state, while the US still plans to participate in the Beijing olympics in China, where documented human rights abuses are occurring on a nearly unprecedented scale...and she refused to answer the question and insulted him.

MLB has being slowly going on the same path as NBA unfortunately.
Not sure how this will win over the fans.

Back