• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked MLB Discussion Thread v1: Eat Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team going all in needs to step up and offer a top 100 type prospect for Carlos Rodon. Legit ace when healthy (which is now)

I'm going to laugh balls off if Gallo returns to form with the Dodgers and sweep the Padres

Dodgers dumped some players off their 40 man roster and are promoting Miguel Vargas. Pretty sure he can do better than what Muncy has done this year.

Blows my mind that not more teams were in on Soto.

Blows my mind that not more teams were in on Soto.
I think it's because most teams didn't know they'd be able to fleece the Nats as the Padres did. Therefore, most didn't even bother.

Just thought I'd contribute a couple Vin calls:

Best thing about Vin was he knew when to talk and when to let the moment speak for itself. Also the guy was a great storyteller, probably the best of all time. Didn't rely on catchphrases or gimmicks, and never was one for the empty chatter that's much too prevalent on National broadcast baseball. Absolute shame they stopped using him for the World Series and we had to get stuck with Joe Buck (at least we got Joe Davis now).

Most of all I miss hearing Vin on the radio. He was apart of my life since I was in Elementary School collecting baseball cards and chewing the stale gum that accompanied them. I haven't been to a game at Dodgers stadium since before the pandemic (only away games), but if they don't already this needs to be played every home game until the end of the sport:

Last edited:
Just thought I'd contribute a couple Vin calls:

Best thing about Vin was he knew when to talk and let the moment speak for itself. Also the guy was a great storyteller, probably the best of all time. Didn't rely on catchphrases or gimmicks, and never was one for the empty chatter that's much too prevalent on National broadcast baseball. Absolute shame they stopped using him for the World Series and we had to get stuck with Joe Buck (at least we got Joe Davis now).

Most of all I miss hearing Vin on the radio. He was apart of my life since I was in Elementary School collecting baseball cards and chewing the stale gum that accompanied them. I haven't been to a game at Dodgers stadium since before the pandemic (only away games), but if they don't already this needs to be played every home game until the end of the sport:

Well said. There will never be another announce like him.

Angel fans new team kind of sucks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back