Social MIT becomes first elite university to eliminate diversity statements

Is eliminating diversity requirements positive for education?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
What does political issues, social and religious reformation or any of the bs you just mentioned has to do with Science?
Science by definition is a liberal activity - the search for new knowledge is disruptive of traditional values and social norms. That's kinda the point.
When you cross that into the fact that anti-progress and pro-traditions right wingers like you are more engaged by faith and fear than lefties, you are going to get backlash against pushing against those ideals. thats why your team is anti-science

the fact that 9% of scientists are conservatives is a sign the GOP is far worse and its not that complicated.
from denying that cigs cause cancer or was addictive, to saying we only wanted the lead out to enrich catalytic converter factory owning dem donors, to saying cap and trade of so2 would destroy our economy, instead it destroyed acid rain, to saying the CFCs causing the ozone hole was bullshit. to fighting the use of stem cells, to screaming all economists are wrong that their tax cuts will increase the deficit, even the conservative economists.

There's no comparison.

Nearly every study I've seen has shown that left wingers are more anxious, depressed, and generally neurotic than right wingers. The most significant contributor appears to be their on average external locus of control.

With regard to being pro or anti-science, it isn't cross cultural or even time period. Left wingers are more anti-science than right wingers in Japan and right wingers only became more anti-science than left wingers in the US after universities there became so left wing in the 90s.

Lastly, there is no shortage of articles opposing the idea that conservatives are more fear driven than progressives:

Last edited:
Nearly every study I've seen has shown that left wingers are more anxious, depressed, and generally neurotic than right wingers. The most significant contributor appears to be their on average external locus of control.

With regard to being pro or anti-science, it isn't cross cultural or even time period. Left wingers are more anti-science than right wingers in Japan and right wingers only became more anti-science than left wingers in the US after universities there became so left wing in the 90s.

Lastly, there is no shortage of articles opposing the idea that conservatives are more fear driven than progressives:

Meh you can get an article to say almost anything these days. They're often used to demonize the others on the opposite side of the political aisle.

I mean there are plenty of Gen Z that have anxiety disorders and autism and stuff. And the young tend to be more liberal.

At the same time, there are plenty of religious and very un-scientific folk as well.

Holy fuck they were forcing potential hires to pledge allegiance to leftist dogma before they were even considered for the job?

My God these people are retarded, lol.

I didn't even know this was happening. So I don't have an opinion on its ending.

Holy fuck they were forcing potential hires to pledge allegiance to leftist dogma before they were even considered for the job?
Yes. First tell us how much you love diversity, which is basically a filter, then we can speak about matters of education.
Creepy shit.

Meh you can get an article to say almost anything these days. They're often used to demonize the others on the opposite side of the political aisle.

I mean there are plenty of Gen Z that have anxiety disorders and autism and stuff. And the young tend to be more liberal.

At the same time, there are plenty of religious and very un-scientific folk as well.

The relationship between anxiety/depression and being left wing has been known for quite a few decades. Although as far as I know the gap appears to be increasing in today's youth. A minority component of it is due to differential rates in religiousness (religious people tend to be happier), but the bulk of it is caused by right wingers feeling more in control over outcomes in their life. All other things being equal.

Last edited:
All your points were weak, I just picked out the most ridiculous one to laugh at.

How much man has contributed to climate change is far from a settled science and time has proved the chuds mostly correct in their reaction to Covid. Liberals massively overreacted, stuff like closing schools was a ridiculous decision. And if the left really cared about climate change they'd embrace nuclear power but they have an irrational anti-scientific emotional fear of it but if you looked at the data it's one of the cleanest safest form of power there is.

I actually do care about science, I feel as a human race we should be much further along the path to colonizing the solar system than we are (done very little since the moon landing until Musk came along) but stuff like identity politics and social justice is holding us back. I've lost count of the number of bleeding heart lefties say not a single dollar should be spent of space exploration whilst we still have problems with homelessness, poverty and social inequality etc. The left definitely is not the party of Science, feelings trump facts every time for them, there is a reason the Democrats have a higher % of female voters and Republicans male.

I'm FAR from left, but anthropological climate change is as much a settled science as the theory of gravity is. You've been mislead by the wealthiest, most powerful industry on earth - big oil.

Even now they're changing tact and starting to promote how climate change is actually good for us, despite global crops failing, weather extremes increasing, and bio-diversity getting shredded.

You lot love to parrot how there's money in climate change, despite companies like Shell spending billions on lobbying in the senate over the last decade.

As with all things. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

The relationship between anxiety/depression and being left wing has been known for quite a few decades. Although as far as I know the gap appears to be increasing in today's youth. A minority component of it is due to differential rates in religiousness (religious people tend to be happier), but the bulk of it is caused by right wingers feeling more in control over outcomes in their life. All other things being equal.

Generally that's due to left-wing/progressives being more compassionate, and aware of social issues as a whole - most conservatives are only focused on themselves and their immediate family. They're NIMBY voters.

It's glorious. MIT is far too important of an institution - literally the most elite in the country alongside Caltech - to succumb to culture war identity politics nonsense.
Yeah, even the kids at Harvard, Yale, and Princeton know the actual smartest kids in the nation go to MIT and CalTech....and Stanford.

Generally that's due to left-wing/progressives being more compassionate, and aware of social issues as a whole - most conservatives are only focused on themselves and their immediate family. They're NIMBY voters.

That is not the reason, no. Feeling like you are less in control over outcomes in your own life has nothing to do with compassion. That's a separate relationship. Although it is true that left wingers score a bit higher in compassion.

funny how you chuds pretend to care about science when its convenient. but you will dismiss science on climate change, Covid, Hormone therapy for transgender patients and when the science of an issue conflicts with the goals of the corporate donors.

Hahahahahahahaha

<Grimes01> <Grimes01> <Grimes01>
<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>
{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}
<{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}>
bork1}bork1}bork1}

i honestly never even knew 'diversity statements' were a widespread thing until this post.

"We can build an inclusive environment in many ways, but compelled statements impinge on freedom of expression, and they don’t work"

yeah sounds like unecessary application criteria that wont correlate with performance in terms of academics/science or in terms of promoting diversity

When TF did I deny climate change or covid retard? You really like generalizing and making assumptions don't you?

The only thing I disagree with is giving hormone drugs to kids under 18.

Furthermore, why are you bringing these topics into a thread about DEI and MIT?

Dude...

Do not feed the troll

lololol... Just let him bang

I mean...

Trigger
{<jimmies}

When TF did I deny climate change or covid retard? You really like generalizing and making assumptions don't you?

The only thing I disagree with is giving hormone drugs to kids under 18.

Furthermore, why are you bringing these topics into a thread about DEI and MIT?

He's a mod alt. Look at his behavior on the threads about cops getting killed. Only a mod could do that and not get banned or even carded.

i honestly never even knew 'diversity statements' were a widespread thing until this post.

"We can build an inclusive environment in many ways, but compelled statements impinge on freedom of expression, and they don’t work"

yeah sounds like unecessary application criteria that wont correlate with performance in terms of academics/science or in terms of promoting diversity

The Investment world is eliminating DEI and ESG from evaluations... They don't mean shit

Diversity Goals Are Disappearing From Companies’ Annual Reports​

Dozens of firms change what and how they report diversity initiatives; deleting the word ‘diverse’ or cutting whole sections​

S&P Removes ESG Indicators from Credit Rating Reports

Credit ratings agency S&P Global Ratings announced that it will no longer include its ESG credit indicators, aimed at summarizing for investors the relevance of ESG factors on its credit analysis, in its reports on rated entities.

The side that believes their Sexual predator ex-pres was sent by god
is somehow more pro-science? You are incredibly ignorant or just plain stupid. Either way, your statement is flat WRONG.
there are multiple core right wing ideologies and beliefs that are directly contradicted by scientific consensus.

- Denial of global warming, which is literally uncontested among climatologists.
- Belief in creationism, which no serious biologists endorse.
- Opposition to gay rights on the grounds that gay marriage and adoption is bad for children, despite multiple authoritative studies to the contrary.
- Support for North Carolina's HB2 and similar anti-transgender laws on the basis of protecting women, despite theres not many actual cases of assault in bathrooms by transgender people.
- Belief that vaccines cause autism, a position so discredited that the journal that originally published it rescinded the article.
- Belief that Barack Obama was born in Kenya, despite the total lack of concrete evidence and presence of documents to the contrary.

Meanwhile, among Libs, I cant think of any major policy or ideology points that are directly contradicted by science. there are some things like the gender wage gap or the efficacy of gun control, but its not even close. far-left craziness is far less dominant in the party mainstream than far-right craziness.

The orange rapist still thinks climate change is a Chinese hoax and vaccines cause autism.
Kremlin suck-dolls like MTJ and Boebert are still spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation with no repercussions.
The day a democratic president/Vice President/presidential nominee starts talking about auras and chakras then we can talk about how "both sides are bad".

The side that believes their Sexual predator ex-pres was sent by god
is somehow more pro-science? You are incredibly ignorant or just plain stupid. Either way, your statement is flat WRONG.
there are multiple core right wing ideologies and beliefs that are directly contradicted by scientific consensus.

- Denial of global warming, which is literally uncontested among climatologists.
- Belief in creationism, which no serious biologists endorse.
- Opposition to gay rights on the grounds that gay marriage and adoption is bad for children, despite multiple authoritative studies to the contrary.
- Support for North Carolina's HB2 and similar anti-transgender laws on the basis of protecting women, despite theres not many actual cases of assault in bathrooms by transgender people.
- Belief that vaccines cause autism, a position so discredited that the journal that originally published it rescinded the article.
- Belief that Barack Obama was born in Kenya, despite the total lack of concrete evidence and presence of documents to the contrary.

Meanwhile, among Libs, I cant think of any major policy or ideology points that are directly contradicted by science. there are some things like the gender wage gap or the efficacy of gun control, but its not even close. far-left craziness is far less dominant in the party mainstream than far-right craziness.

The orange rapist still thinks climate change is a Chinese hoax and vaccines cause autism.
Kremlin suck-dolls like MTJ and Boebert are still spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation with no repercussions.
The day a democratic president/Vice President/presidential nominee starts talking about auras and chakras then we can talk about how "both sides are bad".

I never said that Republicans are more pro science than Democrats. I said that right wing Japanese are less anti science than left wing Japanese. I said that the relationship between being right wing and anti-science isn't cross cultural. It peaks in the US in large part probably due to its history and white guilt. Especially within affluent whites who eventually became professors and caused Universities to become overtly left wing.

Almost every narrative that wokeism is based on is fictional and anti-science. Poverty causing violent crime, black people being unjustly killed by police at a higher rate than whites, women making less money being mostly to do with discrimination, and so on.

State of Fear was a fantastic book by Michael Crichton and summed up the progressive ideology perfectly.

Division (Class & Race) and Fear mongering...

Never forget how scared people were of COVID... due to the Democrats and the Media
18-MORNING-PERCEPTIONS-articleLarge.png

Democrats believed you had more than a 20%-50% chance of being hospitalized from Covid.

Actual ... Less than 5%

It's always fear and emotion based decision making.

Back