Mirgliotta a danger to fighters?

mxkey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think its gonna be pretty hard to argue the Khabib stoppage was late. Tavares ate several punches after clearly going limp. Khabib was cradling Tavares's limp head in one hand and pounding his face with the other by the time it was over.
Im hearing lots of talk about the "end" of Dan as a ref. I'm trying to recall specific examples of Dan screwing up but I cant think of any. Any other specific fights you can cite as an example of Dan's incompetence?

Mir vs. Carwin was probably Miragliotta's worst.

Too late and drunk for my memory to function but he even fucked up in the main event. He put his hands on Vitor as if to stop it, pulled back, then a few seconds later stopped it again.

Not in this night.

He's embarrasing at times and screws up calls, but he was overly protective tonight if anything.

He's a danger to properly called fights perhaps, but on this night, not a danger.;

Who was the ref in Weidman/Munoz was that him too?

Not in this night.

He's embarrasing at times and screws up calls, but he was overly protective tonight if anything.

He's a danger to properly called fights perhaps, but on this night, not a danger.;

Did you happen to watch the fights? The Thiago Tavares, especifically.

He screwed up big time with the stupid no contest earlier that night. It just seemed like the guy wanted an easy way out, and got it.

Mir vs. Carwin was probably Miragliotta's worst.

Beat me to it. Carwin usually knocks people out with even straight jabs, those shots were vicious plus Mir has a weak chin as well.

He screwed up big time with the stupid no contest earlier that night. It just seemed like the guy wanted an easy way out, and got it.

Didnt have to think that far back on that one....Miragliotta is the absolute worst ref..He is constantly blowing fights...He is the one who gave hammill a win over Jon Jones.

Re-watched Carwin vs Mir
Could have been stopped in the initial flurry (10-15 unanswered strikes) but Mir briefly recovers and tries for the kimura with his eyes half closed eats more punches. Mir then goes limp with his head and arms flat against the mat and eats 5 more before its stopped.

Thats 2 bad ones so far. Any others?

Mirgliotta has been a bad ref for along time.

I wish I could suck at my job and still be employed.

Didnt have to think that far back on that one....Miragliotta is the absolute worst ref..He is constantly blowing fights...He is the one who gave hammill a win over Jon Jones.

That was Mazzagati. But I agree that Miragliotta is the worst in the business. He either stops fights too early or lets people get pounded mercilessly.

Back