Miranda v Abraham I

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I couldn't believe what was happening.... from all of the point deductions to letting him continue.
That was one of the most disturbing things I've seen in the ring. Blood was just streaming out of his mouth. Then that one uppercut the showed in slow-mo to his jaw (later in the fight) was sick.

Does he have any lingering effects from that bout? I just can't imagine how his jaw would ever be the same.

Arthur-Abraham-Miranda11.jpg

610x.jpg

Oh yeah, Miranda is really from a favela in Brazil not Columbian.

pict1.jpg

I just watched the fight last night. I had my jaw surgically broken, and that hurt like hell for a good 2 months, so I can't even imagine the pain Abraham was going through every time he got hit. It was pretty painful to watch.

I couldn't believe what was happening.... from all of the point deductions to letting him continue.
That was one of the most disturbing things I've seen in the ring. Blood was just streaming out of his mouth. Then that one uppercut the showed in slow-mo to his jaw (later in the fight) was sick.

Does he have any lingering effects from that bout? I just can't imagine how his jaw would ever be the same.

I saw that last nite too - what a fucking circus!!! 2 point deductions, doctors providing assistance during the checking of an injury, referee asking a fighter 2 or 3 times if he wanted to contiue when it was obvious he couldn't, the allowing of Abraham to continue turning his back and walking away from Mirada, etc, etc....

I saw that last nite too - what a fucking circus!!! 2 point deductions, doctors providing assistance during the checking of an injury, referee asking a fighter 2 or 3 times if he wanted to contiue when it was obvious he couldn't, the allowing of Abraham to continue turning his back and walking away from Mirada, etc, etc....

The doctor actually said, "No he can't fight." The ref said "He can't fight. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?" Who was he talking to there? That was the shadiest fght I've ever seen. I'd only seen it without sound on Youtube before I didn't realize how badly Miranda got screwed in that fght.

A 2 point deduction?

I didn't think those low blows looked that low either.

Hopefully Abraham doesn't get the same help he got in Germany in the US.

The doctor actually said, "No he can't fight." The ref said "He can't fight. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?" Who was he talking to there? That was the shadiest fght I've ever seen. I'd only seen it without sound on Youtube before I didn't realize how badly Miranda got screwed in that fght.

A 2 point deduction?

I didn't think those low blows looked that low either.

Hopefully Abraham doesn't get the same help he got in Germany in the US.

What looked really awkward was the very last point deduction (I think in the 10th or the 11th).
Miranda is in his corner letting Abraham recover (ref gave him 5 minutes). Miranda had an expression like he knew a point deduction was coming. The ref seemed to waive that idea off... like he wasn't going to take a point. 2 to 3 minutes elapse and then the ref just decides to take a point. Just a joke.

But still, I have no idea how Abraham fought through with that jaw. I've seen Harrison pound Wayne McCullough's ear so bad that it looked like it was stretch off of his head, Klitschko gash, Rahman's forehead monster, Tyson's nibble, Golota play the role of vampire and pummel Bowe's pills, Harding's bicep rip....
But nothing bothered me like seeing Abrahams jaw just dangling there... blood pouring out and watching Miranda still hit it cleanly with upper cuts.

What looked really awkward was the very last point deduction (I think in the 10th or the 11th).
Miranda is in his corner letting Abraham recover (ref gave him 5 minutes). Miranda had an expression like he knew a point deduction was coming. The ref seemed to waive that idea off... like he wasn't going to take a point. 2 to 3 minutes elapse and then the ref just decides to take a point. Just a joke.

That was some ridiculous work by the ref. How long did it take him to decide on those deductions? Hes talking with the promoters, hes talking to Abrahams corner. He let the docs work on abraham.

As I said, I first saw the fight with no sound, I had no idea all that shit went on. What a travesty. If I were a fighter, and the stories weren't enough to keep me from fightng overseas, tht fight would.

He should have just done the right thing and disqualify Miranda. Five points? Ridiculous. You get a guy out of there after two.

He should have just done the right thing and disqualify Miranda. Five points? Ridiculous. You get a guy out of there after two.

No, the right thing would have been to stop the fight whether it was a TKO for Miranda (which it should have been, even the ref said so.) or a decision for Abraham.

Not look for whatever way they can to give the hometown boy the victory.

Those deductions were ridiculous. The headbutt wasthe only real foul. Thats should be 1 point.

Do you know anything about boxing? A deliberate foul is grounds for a DQ and SHOULD be an automatic two point deduction. Thats what the rules say. That is light and day.

Hey hey.

Do you know anything about boxing? A deliberate foul is grounds for a DQ and SHOULD be an automatic two point deduction. Thats what the rules say. That is light and day.

Hey hey.

The broken jaw occurred before the foul.

Hey ho.

What does that have to do with your pissing and moaning about the two point deduction?

For an intentional headbutt?
You'd be disqualifying alot of fighters.

But still, those low blow calls were bs.

What does that have to do with your pissing and moaning about the two point deduction?

I actually misread the post the first time.

I can't recall seeing a 2 point deducton before. I have seen deductions for headbutts many times. Always a point. Sometimes even with a warning.

It doesn't matter anyway. That ref was reacting to how abraham reacted, not what he saw.

Hey hey.

Reading this again, the rules say it SHOULD be 2 point deduction? I've never heard that.

For an intentional headbutt?
You'd be disqualifying alot of fighters.

But still, those low blow calls were bs.

Nah, do a search. The day of the fight I remember a post including about 40 screen caps, each featuring a low blow by Miranda. FORTY!

Two second internet search produces this:

Intentional fouls.
If an intentional foul causes an injury, and the injury is severe enough to terminate the bout immediately, the boxer causing the injury shall lose by disqualification.

If an intentional foul causes an injury and the bout is allowed to continue, the referee will notify the authorities and deduct (2) points from the boxer who caused the foul. Point deductions for intentional fouls will be mandatory.

If an intentional foul causes an injury and the injury results in the bout being stopped in a latter round, the injured boxer will win by TECHNICAL DECISION if he is ahead on the score cards or the bout will result in a TECHNICAL DRAW if the injured boxer is behind or even on the score cards.

If boxer injures himself while attempting to intentionally foul his opponent, the referee will not take any action in his favor, and this injury will be the same as one produced by a fair blow.

If the referee feels that a boxer has conducted himself in an unsportsmanlike manner he may stop the bout and disqualify the boxer.

Back