Miranda v Abraham I

Those deductions were ridiculous. The headbutt wasthe only real foul. Thats should be 1 point.

he was throwing low blows long before points were deducted. he got warned for some, for others he didnt. it was all night with the low blows.

miranda also punched after the bell in rd2 for absolutely no reason. he was doing a LOT of fouling from round 2 onwards.

Miranda easily could have been DQd

Abraham was the champion, was given the opportunity to continue and rightfully so. He went on to still fight and arguably win many rounds afterwards with his broken jaw. The 2 points deducted.... WTF, there's no way ANYONE didn't see that as a blatant foul which should have at least been grounds for a final warning before a DQ was issued. It didn't even sway Edison from still throwing a low blow for every 2 body shot's he threw.

Was the doctor/ref pulling some favoritism? Absolutely, but there's all kindsa BS Edison got away with as well.

I wrote and posted the following in Sept 2006 at a different site right after the Miranda/Abraham fight (farce?) occurred. I remember as soon as I saw referee Randy Neumann (who was a heavyweight boxer in the 70

I will admit that when Abraham did land (especially before the 4th) he was landing some clean, hard shots that seemed to wobble Miranda at times.

I will admit that when Abraham did land (especially before the 4th) he was landing some clean, hard shots that seemed to wobble Miranda at times.

like 5-6 times throughout the fight.

But Miranda is a diamond in the rough. He has amazing physical talent. If he could be molded into a boxer/puncher, he would be something else. But How he has been conditioned in life and being this late in his boxing career, he can't change too much. He is still fun to watch though.

Two second internet search produces this:

OK, good post, but the headbutt did not cause an injury.

There was no reason to stop the fight for the foul.

You win about the point deductions. Pwn.

I can't wait for the II fight! Miranda is going to hit even harder and more!!! Then, there won't be anything shady when Abraham is lying on the counting stars.

I can't wait for the II fight! Miranda is going to hit even harder and more!!! Then, there won't be anything shady when Abraham is lying on the counting stars.

If I was Miranda I think I'd be a bit intimidated.
You've gotta admit, fighting 8 rounds with a busted jaw is a pretty bad ass thing to pull off.... regardless of the circumstances.

Kind of like the feeling you'd get after busting a pool stick over someone's head only to see them brush wood splinters off of their shoulders and continue walking towards you.

You've gotta admit, fighting 8 rounds with a busted jaw is a pretty bad ass thing to pull off.... regardless of the circumstances.

Kind of like the feeling you'd get after busting a pool stick over someone's head only to see them brush wood splinters off of their shoulders and continue walking towards you.

If you can't stop somebody after low-blowing him every other bodyshot and hitting repeatedly with clean uppercuts on a broken jaw... You gotta wonder if he'll ever go down.

I call it the Homer syndrome with a side prognoses of aggressive retribution (a guy with a good beard that fights back).

Dr. Hibbert: Well, sir, you more than meet every one of this state's
requirements to box, wrestle or be shot out of a cannon.

Marge: [growls]

That's what we get for living in a state founded by
circus freaks.

Dr. Hibbert displays an X-Ray of Homer's head

z_homer-simpson-brain-crayon-xray.jpg

Dr. Hibbert: You have an absolutely unique genetic condition known as "Homer
Simpson syndrome".

Homer: Oh, why me...

Dr. Hibbert: Your brain is cushioned by a layer of fluid 1/8th of an inch thicker than normal,
acting like a football helmet.

Why, I could wallop you all day with this surgical two-by-four
without ever knocking you down.

[brandishes a brand new two-by-four, then checks his watch]

But... I have other appointments.

The_Simpsons_4F03.png

Homer_They_Fall_Painting.png

Moe: Ah, that's the barbed wire. We, uh, we called that the stinger. They, they don't let you use that no more.

Heh. I found the Simpson's quotes amusing and come to think of it, Abraham must have some similarities with Homer!
No, but I really think Miranda can do it now He did look physically better than ever, so I could predict a bit crispier punches and some gained power. And if he can't do it, well it's going to be a great fight no matter who wins. I am hoping for an epic battle and call it a hunch but it's going to be a good one!

he was throwing low blows long before points were deducted. he got warned for some, for others he didnt. it was all night with the low blows.

miranda also punched after the bell in rd2 for absolutely no reason. he was doing a LOT of fouling from round 2 onwards.

Miranda easily could have been DQd

I agree with you. Miranda did everything he could to get DQ'd in that fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back