Miocic, Woodley and Nunes all have very fan friendly styles but aren't that popular

Must be because of their skin color, what else could it be?

Has anyone ever noticed most people that say they hate a particular fighter because 'they're an asshole,' has a history of being an asshole themselves on this site. Makes you wonder what their real reason is then.

Stipe is next to invisible, he pretty much disappears between fights and there's next to no promo or anything before his fights. I bet there's a ton of people who don't even know he's the UFC HW champ. For Tyron the problem is he came off a forgettable win then sat out for ages and pretty much disappeared for 18 months. Folks are probably wondering "where the hell did this guy come from and why's he talking all this shit on who deserves to fight him?" With Nunes I think it's because she doesn't speak English and she doesn't have "the look". Whether we want to admit it or not, many folks want a certain look from the female fighters and Amanda just doesn't fit it, and without that look there's no marketing.

Come on man , Really? Do you really think Eddie Alvarez fights are not exciting? In his 28 career wins 15 were KO, 7 were submissions only 6 went to decision & you think he is a boring fighter?
<35>
He's had some boring performances in the UFC, no doubt, but looking at his career, overall, he's a very exciting fighter.

Has anyone ever noticed most people that say they hate a particular fighter because 'they're an asshole,' has a history of being an asshole themselves on this site. Makes you wonder what their real reason is then.
We get it, Tyron. You wish people would be okay with your picking and choosing, but they're not.

miocic and woodley fan friendly style, hahahaahah

miocic and woodley fan friendly style, hahahaahah

Woodley has some bad fights but how in the world do people consider Stipe boring? He knocks people out most of the time.

Remember the majority has only seen Eddie fight in the UFC and none of his performances before RDA were exciting. The Melendez fight was pretty good imo but many wouldnt agree. People that hate on Eddie didnt see him bang his way through Bellator or the Kawajiri/Hansen fights in Dream. Eddie is a warrior tho and people will soon understand (unless Khabib is able to hold him down, in which case his legacy will never be remembered like it truly is)
He's first fight in the UFC with Cowboy was very entertaining. I think people forget that, because he lost. But he came out swinging in that fight, before the leg kicks eventually took him out of it.

Last edited:
Woodley has some bad fights but how in the world do people consider Stipe boring? He knocks people out most of the time.
glass chinned arlovski, but it was a good win, ok. werdum just gave the win to him. and that's it. there was the jds fight but I guess you could credit jds more than miocic for how the fight went

If Nunes didn't have a language barrier I think people would like her more, especially after she humbled Tate.

Stipe is a classical Cro Magnon

If Nunes didn't have a language barrier I think people would like her more, especially after she humbled Tate.
I don't really think Tate went over board with self-confidence or anything. I wanted Holly to win their match, but I was totally comfortable with Tate being the champ for a bit(and honestly did think she was the most beatable champs at the time) But if you really listen to her in interviews and what not, she comes off as a very confident intelligent person.

Anyway.

Remember the majority has only seen Eddie fight in the UFC and none of his performances before RDA were exciting. The Melendez fight was pretty good imo but many wouldnt agree. People that hate on Eddie didnt see him bang his way through Bellator or the Kawajiri/Hansen fights in Dream. Eddie is a warrior tho and people will soon understand (unless Khabib is able to hold him down, in which case his legacy will never be remembered like it truly is)
Interestingly, most people don't seem to take issue with the fact that pettis has bad wrestling. Was Eddie just supposed to ignore that advantage that he had there?

I don't really think Tate went over board with self-confidence or anything. I wanted Holly to win their match, but I was totally comfortable with Tate being the champ for a bit(and honestly did think she was the most beatable champs at the time) But if you really listen to her in interviews and what not, she comes off as a very confident intelligent person.

Anyway.
disagree, she let the main event get to her ego and she started saying dumb shit like she was going to rip Nunes' heart out and stomp on it.

Come on man , Really? Do you really think Eddie Alvarez fights are not exciting? In his 28 career wins 15 were KO, 7 were submissions only 6 went to decision & you think he is a boring fighter?
<35>
Half of his fights were wars but one boring fight and that's the reputation he has

makes no sense

disagree, she let the main event get to her ego and she started saying dumb shit like she was going to rip Nunes' heart out and stomp on it.
She said that?

Weird. Was that at the weigh-ins? Maybe last ditch effort toward promotion?

I can see why people wouldn't be thrilled about having Bisping and the UFC version of Alvarez as champions - despite them both winning their titles by KO - but Miocic, Woodley and Nunes are all brutal finishers with great power yet aren't talked up much. Their personalities might not be the most compelling, but neither is Rockhold's and he was hyped to the moon as champ. Is it mainly because they have losses and/or lackluster wins that are still fresh in people's minds that they aren't more popular/hyped?
Cuz racism right?

Back