Social Minimum Wage now at $20 an hour in California

This happens all over the world and it shouldn't, but wage increases are IMMEDIATELY turned into price increases, and usually price increases are actually larger than the wage increase, proportionally speaking. It's a corporate world thing.

It's always funny to see Americans be horrified over the idea that workers should be paid wages they can live on. Granted I don't know the particular balance of wages to living costs in California but I do know it's quite expensive there so the wages are expected to be high. Now if someone could also fix that you always get bad service at restaurants etc in the US because the owner is guilt-tripping you to pay his workers on the side instead of him doing it like a competent business owner.

This happens all over the world and it shouldn't, but wage increases are IMMEDIATELY turned into price increases, and usually price increases are actually larger than the wage increase, proportionally speaking. It's a corporate world thing.
This is actually a very good point. Regardless of whether they are justified, huge price increases right after wage increases are a reality..... that's all that matters

It's always funny to see Americans be horrified over the idea that workers should be paid wages they can live on. Granted I don't know the particular balance of wages to living costs in California but I do know it's quite expensive there so the wages are expected to be high. Now if someone could also fix that you always get bad service at restaurants etc in the US because the owner is guilt-tripping you to pay his workers on the side instead of him doing it like a competent business owner.
Republicans are mostly bitter people that have a knee jerk reaction to anyone’s quality of life getting improved but their own. The Republican Party is really good at getting them to shill for corporations over it.

You see them itt posting stupid stuff like ordering kiosks as if those were a new thing. It’s not they’ve been in place for years now. They blame price increases on it but prices were already way up. They also conveniently ignore how these places are posting record profits. But hey they can’t possibly afford to raise wages

Republicans are mostly bitter people that have a knee jerk reaction to anyone’s quality of life getting improved but their own. The Republican Party is really good at getting them to shill for corporations over it.

You see them itt posting stupid stuff like ordering kiosks as if those were a new thing. It’s not they’ve been in place for years now. They blame price increases on it but prices were already way up. They also conveniently ignore how these places are posting record profits. But hey they can’t possibly afford to raise wages
Dear god....

Min wage is worth a lot less now than during that time. Housing is way more expensive.
They aren't, at least in the majority of the USA.

Every standard has risen compared to 20 years ago. When I was a kid, we actually ate "government cheese", and I can't find a person within 20 years of my birth that even knows what that was.

"Garlic Bologna" and cheese (meaning government cheese) was at least 50% of my meals before finishing high school. I can't remember the last person I met who even knew what either of those things were.

If you believe "poor" people today are anything like poor people in the 1980's or 90's ... I don't have any idea how to bridge the gap, lol.

Thom with the goods on why we may be headed for class uprising, including why wages are suppressed or outright stolen:

Min wage is worth a lot less now than during that time. Housing is way more expensive.

Are you referring to post Covid housing costs, or the general trend in housing costs over the past 40 years?

Regardless, minimum wage would not have covered housing costs in any decade since 1980.

Are you referring to post Covid housing costs, or the general trend in housing costs over the past 40 years?

Regardless, minimum wage would not have covered housing costs in any decade since 1980.
I used to love that Government Cheese as a kid...I know what you're talking about. But people better be ready to pay a lot more for fast food etc in Cali that's just the reality of the situation.

I used to love that Government Cheese as a kid...I know what you're talking about. But people better be ready to pay a lot more for fast food etc in Cali that's just the reality of the situation.

There are other forms of wealth the general public doesn't recognize as well, such as the cost of electronics.

Remember when a 10 year old TV had significant resale value? Just imagine trying to get anything for one today.

For Real......Dude sounds like fucking Sunny from the View and can't even hear himself.
You've really been going hard with this "The View" joke. Weird thing is that it shows that you actually watch that show because who the hell else would know who Sunny is.

This is like listening to the "Men" of The View...which one of you bitches is Sunny?

But really reading through all this I can just picture the men version of the View. I still want to know which one of you Muppets is the male equivalent of Sunny and whos Buckwheat?

They're basically the male versions of the bitches from the view but instead of sitting at a table they're on Sherdog....TDS is a helluva Drug

This echo chamber circle Jerk is hilarious.. I guess this is what you ladies do when you're not filming the View.... Which one of you bitches is Sunny?

This is like reading texts back and forth from the View....Which one of you Bitches is Joy?

This thread is hilarious....Its exactly like listening to a less manly version of The View.

There are other forms of wealth the general public doesn't recognize as well, such as the cost of electronics.

Remember when a 10 year old TV had significant resale value? Just imagine trying to get anything for one today.
Anytime I feel down grocery shopping every week because I buy the same exact stuff and since 2021 I watch it all go up almost weekly along with every single other thing.....I like to look at Electronic section...The price of Televisions is amazing. I try to see the silver lining when it comes to retail goods.

You've really been going hard with this "The View" joke. Weird thing is that it shows that you actually watch that show because who the hell else would know who Sunny is.
Laughing....A lot of the You Tube creators I watch use them for content......And Sunny is by far the best.....Her self victimized Race baiting schtick is actually clever....No one can possibly actually go through life with that attitude. But reading a lot of what these posters on the War Room forum say they sound exactly like those broads.

Not to mention these new self service kiosks have been a major driver of theft contrary to the narrative that it's liberal policies.

Many companies are starting to second guess the transition to self service checkout, etc.

What good are self service kiosks if you need to pay someone anyway to check people's bags to make sure they're not stealing?

10,000 fired in the first month.

No. From your source:

"But between last fall and January, California fast-food restaurants cut about 9,500 jobs, representing a 1.3 percent change from September 2023. Total private employment in California declined just 0.2 percent during the same period, which makes it tempting to conclude that many of those lost fast-food jobs resulted from the higher labor costs employers would need to pay."

The $20 minimum wage didnt take effect until April 1st.

No. From your source:

"But between last fall and January, California fast-food restaurants cut about 9,500 jobs, representing a 1.3 percent change from September 2023. Total private employment in California declined just 0.2 percent during the same period, which makes it tempting to conclude that many of those lost fast-food jobs resulted from the higher labor costs employers would need to pay."

The $20 minimum wage didnt take effect until April 1st.
yes...they fired 10k people in anticipation of the new minimum wage. Not that hard to understand

Back