Social Minimum Wage now at $20 an hour in California

If only this applied to economics and not just water.

Prices will rise and the general cost of everything will rise and it'll land minimum wage workers right back where they were in the first place. These are jobs meant for high school workers. Not for people who need to support a family. The government can attempt to artificially raise their wages but the market will just eat them up like it always has.
But prices are gonna rise regardless. California may be different, but the rate of minimum wage rarely keeps up with the rate of inflation.

The minimum wage in North Dakota is federal minimum wage, and they've had these kiosks for a while now.
The excuses are all bullshit. ITT we have people posting kiosks and people complaining about high prices… all of which predated this very recent raise in minimum wage.

You know what is way up though? These companies profits. I wonder if these posters will over put those two obvious things together.

The excuses are all bullshit. ITT we have people posting kiosks and people complaining about high prices… all of which predated this very recent raise in minimum wage.

You know what is way up though? These companies profits. I wonder if these posters will over put those two obvious things together.

I remember when everyone said the COVID shutdowns would screw all these companies.

Then report after report kept rolling in "[insert X company] saw record profits" lol

Last edited:

Now I'm all pissed ans gonna quote it again ....let's just allow mega Corp to use us for free labor so that they don't gotta pay the help.

Fuck that shit I don't work for Kroger or McDonald's is how you people should be seeing this bullshit. But no yall just wanna be like oh my goodness now some low down dirty service worker makes almost as much as me and there's no way they work hard as I do!

I get being a republican for cultural reasons but man shame on a bunch of you for arguing for this shit , running cover for mega corps and being willing to. Go along with this.

Maybe McDonald's can be full self service and I can just pay them to take my own order cook my own order and bag my own order that will show those mother fuckers in their entry level jobs for wanting to be able to rent a shitty apartment.

Good. The next step is to start working in some sort of universal basic income and shorter work weeks.

Hows that going to work ? Like I think it's going to be necessary but there's a lot of people who make a decent living that might find themselves out of work in the future and I'm pretty sure we aren't just going to give everyone 200 grand a year ....we just going to have an entire nation of people on a cheap ass government check like one giant ghetto ? We just gonna do away with the concept of money and everyone just gets what they want ? What about the people that have jobs they still gotta go to ?

It seems to me we are teetering on the edge of some kind of techno dystopia . I really have concerns about what happens when huge chunks of the country are nolonger economically viable.

I know you guys tend to have a 16 year olds mentality when it comes to economics but a job that requires no skill, has very low difficulty and is not physically taxing will never "pay the bills" in a free market society because anyone can do it.

If a high school kid can walk on the job and start doing your job as well as anyone else, you don't have a very good job and will not be paid nicely for it.
That's most jobs. It's not about how hard the work is. I'd argue most service jobs are the hardest ones out there anyway. It's about being consistent and showing up.

Now I'm all pissed ans gonna quote it again ....let's just allow mega Corp to use us for free labor so that they don't gotta pay the help.

Fuck that shit I don't work for Kroger or McDonald's is how you people should be seeing this bullshit. But no yall just wanna be like oh my goodness now some low down dirty service worker makes almost as much as me and there's no way they work hard as I do!

I get being a republican for cultural reasons but man shame on a bunch of you for arguing for this shit , running cover for mega corps and being willing to. Go along with this.

Maybe McDonald's can be full self service and I can just pay them to take my own order cook my own order and bag my own order that will show those mother fuckers in their entry level jobs for wanting to be able to rent a shitty apartment.
A large portions of Americans really are the best corporate bootlickers. Its not the companies billion dollar profits, its the little guy on the floor making a living wage thats the problem. Then who will they have to look down on to feel better about themselves?

Hows that going to work ? Like I think it's going to be necessary but there's a lot of people who make a decent living that might find themselves out of work in the future and I'm pretty sure we aren't just going to give everyone 200 grand a year ....we just going to have an entire nation of people on a cheap ass government check like one giant ghetto ? We just gonna do away with the concept of money and everyone just gets what they want ? What about the people that have jobs they still gotta go to ?

It seems to me we are teetering on the edge of some kind of techno dystopia . I really have concerns about what happens when huge chunks of the country are nolonger economically viable.

Well I'm not a huge expert on the subject but I think that the ones that'll lose work first are going to be low-income earners. Factory workers, delivery drivers, fast food workers, people like that.

So let's say it's $1k a month for everyone and these types of workers will have $12k a year as a baseline to just survive, and then supplement that with part-time work, if they want. Higher earning, professional workers should just see their work hours reduced. Work 30 or even 20 hours a week for full-time pay.

If production is holding steady, there's no reason for labor to continue at the same pace. If used correctly, technology can be a heaven send. Humans are finally freed from long hours of labor and are able to devote that time to other things.

The other obvious red flag is up until fairly recently a lot of fast food franchises would strong arm employees into signing non-competes. Odd how companies wanted that if these workers were so low skill and replaceable.

Why do work weeks need to be shorter? 40 hours is fine.

Depends on the job. Most white collar jobs people don't work actively work 40 hours a week. I'm the head developer at my company and we have tracking software so I can watch everyone's key strokes and no one is working 40 hours non stop except maybe 1 guy. I personally don't care how many hours people put in as long as the work gets done.

Part of the right wing movement involves making a concerted effort to convince everyone that the shit falling on everyone's heads is good shit, and it's only right that the rich drop that shit.

Why do work weeks need to be shorter? 40 hours is fine.

<JerryWWF>

Are you from 1985 or something?

It's been very well documented that few if any people (especially white collar workers) actually work 40 hours a week. The computer, the internet, cell phones and everything related to it have greatly reduced the amount of time needed to keep the same or higher level of productivity than before.

Google something like "40 hour week obsolete" and you'll get your answers.

Last March, Bernie Sanders actually introduced the 32 hour work week act

Back