Minakov interested in signing with UFC, will train with Fedor

ElectronicRocke

White Belt
Reaction score
First post here so, but I had to do this as I think nobody noticed it because probably there aren't many russian native speakers here.

So I watching the fight minakov vs Adam ...Ich, but the most interesting thing about the fight was, what the commentator had to say.
He said that Minakov wants to sign with the UFC and will talk with bellator about it and that Fedor will start training with minakov in his training camp soon. I think that is great news and it raises the possibility with Fedor signing with the ufc.
Also I think it would be really beneficial to fedor, as minakov is a well rounded fighter, too,. At least it would be much better than training with "baby fedor" or yes sayers like fedor trained in the last 10 years with.
I just hope fedor starts preparing in a cage and it could very well be a successful comeback.

What are your thoughts on this?

Coker will be sick if it turns out his paying for Fedor to come over and sign autographs and watch Bellator fights ends up getting Fedor to unretire - and fight in the UFC - and take his heavyweight champion with him.

If Fedor takes the better out of Minakov in sparring, then he's definitely ready for a comeback in the UFC. Great news if true.

Fedor and Minakov going to the UFC would be ducking awesome.

Fedor and Minakov going to the UFC would be ducking awesome.

No, Fedor and Minakov not going to the UFC would be ducking awesome. :icon_chee

...Still think Fedor signs with Coker, though.

Minakov is the only high-level HW in BFC, I'd LOVE to see him tested in the UFC. Would be a quality signing.

Would be good if true but I dont believe it. Guess it depends on his contract, champ clause etc.

Also if Bellator didnt have a contract with him or felt he was gonna leave or didnt want to fight for BMMA anymore they wouldnt have left their HW title sit idle for 16 months and counting.

If recorded, I would not mind having a look at some of their training session's.

I don't find this impossible. I could very well see coker let someone like minakov go in exchange for a couple midlevel signings that will draw numbers.. a wandy and a shogun would be believable.. everyone knows that coker needs numbers; we will see what comes of this.

Would be great. Build your smaller divisions Bellator, you've had a good base there in the past, and there is a surplus of talent in those divisions. Big stars in the big weights belong in the big org. At least for now. Things change, but as it stands Fedor and minikov belong in the UFC. If the UFC were to sign those two and Sergei, I would buy the first ppv any of them were on most likely.

The UFC could use a young HW like him.

So many shit talkers around here....

200px-Kirill_Sidelnikov.jpg

He's already top 10 the UFC needs him.

First post here so, but I had to do this as I think nobody noticed it because probably there aren't many russian native speakers here.

So I watching the fight minakov vs Adam ...Ich, but the most interesting thing about the fight was, what the commentator had to say.
He said that Minakov wants to sign with the UFC and will talk with bellator about it and that Fedor will start training with minakov in his training camp soon. I think that is great news and it raises the possibility with Fedor signing with the ufc.
Also I think it would be really beneficial to fedor, as minakov is a well rounded fighter, too,. At least it would be much better than training with "baby fedor" or yes sayers like fedor trained in the last 10 years with.
I just hope fedor starts preparing in a cage and it could very well be a successful comeback.

What are your thoughts on this?

Bellator's HW division is terrible they should just get rid of it. Minakov in the UFC sounds like one of their better HW signings in a while. I'd be very excited to see what he can do.

Minakov + cardio = future UFC HW champion

He should train with Fedor, he will improve his striking. Fedor also needs a good fighter to spar with, he should also add Sergei to his camp as well.

Back