Million Dollar Listing(TV Show)

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any fans out there. Which show do you prefer LA or NY. Who your Fav. realtor.

I prefer NY to LA but watch both. I like Fredrick the best. Dude gets shit done and is pretty ruthless.

NY
mdlny1.jpg

LA
MDLLA-season-5-MDLLA-Hero.jpg

Also when watching the show, its seems that the LA crew gets higher comminsions than the NY crew does.

I like watching it from time to time. Can't stand the bs drama they kick up for ratings but looking at those ridiculous houses is always interesting.

I watch it all the time. I prefer NY but they are both becoming more and more scripted each season. This season has some real SMH moments.

Frederick is the best of them all, though, and Louis is the worst and he sounds just like GSP.

I watch it all the time. I prefer NY but they are both becoming more and more scripted each season. This season has some real SMH moments.

Frederick is the best of them all, though, and Louis is the worst and he sounds just like GSP.

Yeah Louis is pretty sorry but he won me over last yr we he got on the skateboard in his full suit and flip that shit in front of the little kid. But he still comes off as desperate when it comes to deal.

Can only find New York to download, so, we'll see.

watch NY with my wife.

Louis is a loser nerd
Ryan is a douchebag. That episode with hurricane Sandy and he was all alone was hilarious
Frederick gets the job done

I've watched both and this season in NY is legit.

I definitely recognize the hustle with Fredrick. He is the type of guy that is unfazed by wealth, which seems to be important in dealing with high caliber cliental. And he keeps the heavy hitters coming back.

Luis will grow into his own after awhile. He's still too much of a try-hard.

And, Ryan is just Mr. Steady. Nothing too impressive about him, but he still holds his own.

As far as LA, it's a little too phony for me. Hopefully NY won't follow in suit, even though it's showing hints of going that way.

MDL NY is one of my guilty pleasures.

Ryan and Josh Altman (LA version) can go fuck themselves. Luis creeps me out.

Frederick is the man. Gets it done. Professional when it matters.

Up and coming Miami looks lame but we'll see.

MDL NY is one of my guilty pleasures.

Ryan and Josh Altman (LA version) can go fuck themselves. Luis creeps me out.

Frederick is the man. Gets it done. Professional when it matters.

Up and coming Miami looks lame but we'll see.

I don't mind Josh Alman. Its that dirty looking ass Josh Flagg i can't stand. No fucking way would I let that lazy SOB work for me. Madison is meh.

And yes Miami does look lame as hell.

I don't mind Josh Alman. Its that dirty looking ass Josh Flagg i can't stand. No fucking way would I let that lazy SOB work for me. Madison is meh.

And yes Miami does look lame as hell.

Flagg is a princess but altman is a douche...which actually bugs me.

I'm indifferent about Madison. I think he means well.

I definitely prefer NY & I like Luis. He may not be as "good" but seems like the most sincere. I bet Ryan isn't too bad off camera either but you can tell Frederick is a jerk.

As a real estate agent myself I find a lot of it comical. I'm sure those markets are completely different than mine but the way they do things isn't how it really works. I can always tell when a client if mine watches a reality show & thinks that's the way it really works.

I definitely prefer NY & I like Luis. He may not be as "good" but seems like the most sincere. I bet Ryan isn't too bad off camera either but you can tell Frederick is a jerk.

As a real estate agent myself I find a lot of it comical. I'm sure those markets are completely different than mine but the way they do things isn't how it really works. I can always tell when a client if mine watches a reality show & thinks that's the way it really works.

Sincere question. But how does it really work as opposed to the show?

Sincere question. But how does it really work as opposed to the show?

Open houses suck. They're to get in front of buyers & agents don't come to them. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than selling the house to someone walking through the front door at an open house. Ryan going to LA & negotiating a deal isn't even legal. Unless he has a license in California which I very seriously doubt. Plus they say some things from time to time that are against the cannon of ethics for realtors. I guess they can get away with it if it's scripted.

BTW I love your sig!

Open houses suck. They're to get in front of buyers & agents don't come to them. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than selling the house to someone walking through the front door at an open house. Ryan going to LA & negotiating a deal isn't even legal. Unless he has a license in California which I very seriously doubt. Plus they say some things from time to time that are against the cannon of ethics for realtors. I guess they can get away with it if it's scripted.

BTW I love your sig!

Interesting insight. It's funny, because my folks are selling their house right now, whom I live with and I had no idea about a lot of the things you mentioned. Sounds like a grind.

Interesting insight. It's funny, because my folks are selling their house right now, whom I live with and I had no idea about a lot of the things you mentioned. Sounds like a grind.

It can be a grind if you're dealing with someone who will tell you whatever you want to hear just to list your house. Most people believe their house is worth more than it really is. If you get a professional & listen to them it should make the process more enjoyable. I sincerely enjoy helping buyers find their dream home & helping sellers unload their current home. That's just me though. It's a cut throat business so just be careful, interview more than one agent & pick someone you're comfortable with.

Last edited:

BTW I love your sig!

Thanks for the explanation.

They seem to be pulling in 6 figures per deal. How much do you think they are pulling per year?

Thanks for the explanation.

They seem to be pulling in 6 figures per deal. How much do you think they are pulling per year?

They're legit making bank but I have no idea how many deals they do a year. A typical transaction pays 6%. 3% to the agent representing the buyer & 3% to the agent representing the seller. The seller pays all commissions though & the buyers pay nothing to the commission. Plus each agent has a broker even though the agents are called brokers on MDL they technically aren't. So, an agent receives his 3% commission but then he has to pay his broker from that. Broker splits can vary greatly, anywhere from a 40-95% split. It just depends on the brokerage. The commissions it list that they get paid is before they pay their broker.

They're legit making bank but I have no idea how many deals they do a year. A typical transaction pays 6%. 3% to the agent representing the buyer & 3% to the agent representing the seller. The seller pays all commissions though & the buyers pay nothing to the commission. Plus each agent has a broker even though the agents are called brokers on MDL they technically aren't. So, an agent receives his 3% commission but then he has to pay his broker from that. Broker splits can vary greatly, anywhere from a 40-95% split. It just depends on the brokerage. The commissions it list that they get paid is before they pay their broker.

good info, thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back