Milk!?!?!?

Paul1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Is drinking skim milk good if your on a diet to get cut? How much of it is good to drink?

i drink at least a gallon of that shit a week. usually more. i love it. yea, its good for me, but im not as much interested in gettin cut as just getting strong. i dont think it is too bad though.

Some recent study I heard about says drinking 8oz's/day helps strengthen bones and cut fat.

Mythius said:
Some recent study I heard about says drinking 8oz's/day helps strengthen bones and cut fat.

Maybe THIS study was recent, but our knowledge of those benefits is not.

i drink at least a quart a day....great for protein after working out or before bed, i dont know if there is an ideal amount, i think it's a bit different for each person so find what works good for you

Whats skim milk? Milk without fat or?? What the % of protein and carbs?

Just a tip: spend the money and buy organic. Most milk contains Bovine Growth Hormone and most states DO NOT require produces to show BGH on the label.

Milk from cows treated with recombinant bovine growth hormone, somatotropin may also contain insulin growth factor, IGF-1, which has been implicated in human breast and gastrointestinal cancers.

Lard-ass said:
Whats skim milk? Milk without fat or?? What the % of protein and carbs?

Yeah, it's just nonfat milk.

There's usually 12g carbs (sugars) and 8g protein. If you're cutting, this is the way to go. If you're bulking, many former hardgainers in here (like Boon) have said whole milk is their secret to weight gain.

i wouldnt drink it at all if your cutting. milk spikes insulin through the roof

KingSnake said:
Just a tip: spend the money and buy organic. Most milk contains Bovine Growth Hormone and most states DO NOT require produces to show BGH on the label.

Milk from cows treated with recombinant bovine growth hormone, somatotropin may also contain insulin growth factor, IGF-1, which has been implicated in human breast and gastrointestinal cancers.
more mindless bullshit

Aerts/Mir33 said:
more mindless bullshit

What about what KingSnake said that is mindless?? There has been numerous studies on this. This is not the topic of this thread but don't call it "mindless BS".

Wolverine
///

The study may have something to do with calcium and weight loss. There was a study done where people taking a calcium supp lost weight compared to control and a few companies are cashing in on it. This is where the "eat dannon yogurt and lose more weight" slogan came from, if you look closely it says that their information has to do with calcium supplementation and not dannon yogurt.

How bad is IGF-1 and those other things in milk? Cancer is uncontrolled growth, so if you take something that accelerates growth (steroids, GH, igf-1) it will also accelerate tumor growth. Tumero, tell me if I"m wrong, but this was my understanding. Either way, that is how steroids got the bad rap for causing cancer and other things. Basically, are those two things tied into tumor growth or causing tumors? If it has been shown to cause cancer I'll look into it more, if it has been LINKED to cancer and whatnot I'll continue to drink my milk.

Rjkd12 said:
If it has been shown to cause cancer I'll look into it more, if it has been LINKED to cancer and whatnot I'll continue to drink my milk.

And so will I, but it still does not mean we should call it "mindless BS".

Wolverine
///

I hope that shit isnt true, i drink a gallon every other day.

wenispinkle said:
i wouldnt drink it at all if your cutting. milk spikes insulin through the roof

No it doesn't.

Whole milk has one of the lowest GI indices of any staple food. Skim milk's GI Index is higher without the fat, but it's still a moderately low GI load.

Whoever told you this is misinformed.

I'll second the suggestion for organic milk selection. Definetly worth the little extra price in my book...so many benefits.

Madmick said:
No it doesn't.

Whole milk has one of the lowest GI indices of any staple food. Skim milk's GI Index is higher without the fat, but it's still a moderately low GI load.

Whoever told you this is misinformed.

something can be low GI and still have a big effect on insulin. though milk is indeed low on the GI scale, it is high on the II (insulemic index) scale. if a foods effect on insulin was determined by its GI, then the II would not have to exist

wenispinkle said:
something can be low GI and still have a big effect on insulin. though milk is indeed low on the GI scale, it is high on the II (insulemic index) scale. if a foods effect on insulin was determined by its GI, then the II would not have to exist

I'd like to see a chart assigning milk a number rating for that, because the last I'd read, a glass of milk only had a slightly higher insulemic response than a glass of water with a scoop of whey in it.

This is the GI Load.

read the other day that 2 liters milk contains 10 cc of pus, caused by inflamed udders (? hope thats spelled right) maybe better get yours manually at your local farm, hehehe...

Back