Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Back in 1992 you had to pass the 18 to 21-year-old standard (APFT) going into Ranger school even if you were in your 30s or 40s.
Not sure about today. Women in Ranger school have fucked everything up!
Now we have Air Force women going through Army Ranger school. Why? How many patrols will they be running back at their unit?
They are stealing slots (and funding) from guys that are in an Infantry unit.

What a waste. The USMC only gets about 20 slots a year for Ranger school. Hard to get even as a reenlistment incentive for infantry NCOs.

What a waste. The USMC only gets about 20 slots a year for Ranger school. Hard to get even as a reenlistment incentive for infantry NCOs.

Ranger school used to be a place for combat troops to hone their craft, to learn leadership in the field, to lead under stress.

Now it’s just a “leadership” school.

Back in 1992 you had to pass the 18 to 21-year-old standard (APFT) going into Ranger school even if you were in your 30s or 40s.
Not sure about today. Women in Ranger school have fucked everything up!
Now we have Air Force women going through Army Ranger school. Why? How many patrols will they be running back at their unit?
They are stealing slots (and funding) from guys that are in an Infantry unit.

This was a female in security forces. They pretty much have the ability to go to whatever school they want and get pushed for promotion. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Air Force has more females that passed the Army Sniper Course than the Army.

This was a female in security forces. They pretty much have the ability to go to whatever school they want and get pushed for promotion. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Air Force has more females that passed the Army Sniper Course than the Army.

As a retired Airman I can only say...

<{katwhu}>

As a retired Airman I can only say...

<{katwhu}>
4ef6d335cc372535dd1d0de8928ec61f.gif

I think those are pearl earrings. Still, though...

I think the Air Force has more females that passed the Army Sniper Course than the Army.
<DisgustingHHH>

There’s a lot there that hurts to read…

I’m not an advocate of women in combat arms. But fuck if they are then go to sniper school why not.. no offense to the Air Force but when are they going to implement that skill set? Minus the AFSOC operators..

<DisgustingHHH>

There’s a lot there that hurts to read…

I’m not an advocate of women in combat arms. But fuck if they are then go to sniper school why not.. no offense to the Air Force but when are they going to implement that skill set? Minus the AFSOC operators..

To be fair, some security forces, like expeditionary units, require the role. However, I think something along the lines of a Designated Marksman course would be more fitting. I can't see field craft, UD, and stalking being needed. With that, the security forces guys at my VFW think it's bullshit since they never served a purpose beyond fluff pieces for media.

To be fair, some security forces, like expeditionary units, require the role. However, I think something along the lines of a Designated Marksman course would be more fitting. I can't see field craft, UD, and stalking being needed. With that, the security forces guys at my VFW think it's bullshit since they never served a purpose beyond fluff pieces for media.
Yeah I mean sure, they could be deployed in areas where it makes sense to implement a sniper.. there’s other aspects worth considering: walk ons.. if the army isn’t sending the quota, and the school can fill the seats. Then those walks ons start.

It’s also not bad in terms of motivation, that airmen goes back a sniper and it gives that unit some level of legitimacy and maybe it inspires others to want to do more. Because it’s cool.

Let’s face being a sniper, airborne, pathfinder, Ranger, diver, halo jumper.. it’s cool looking, some of those things are fun to do. At minimum it took some courage and ability to pass those types of courses.

To me they’re baseline quals.. but I remember being younger and thinking that Sgt has the quad stack.. that’s so cool! I don’t know fake it till ya make it lol.. badges and shiney things help with retention!

Yeah I mean sure, they could be deployed in areas where it makes sense to implement a sniper.. there’s other aspects worth considering: walk ons.. if the army isn’t sending the quota, and the school can fill the seats. Then those walks ons start.

It’s also not bad in terms of motivation, that airmen goes back a sniper and it gives that unit some level of legitimacy and maybe it inspires others to want to do more. Because it’s cool.

Let’s face being a sniper, airborne, pathfinder, Ranger, diver, halo jumper.. it’s cool looking, some of those things are fun to do. At minimum it took some courage and ability to pass those types of courses.

To me they’re baseline quals.. but I remember being younger and thinking that Sgt has the quad stack.. that’s so cool! I don’t know fake it till ya make it lol.. badges and shiney things help with retention!

Could be worse, like some useless staff weenie getting a slot.

<45>

What’s that for?

Can't speak for it myself, but we had a few guys from ANGLICO that went. They mentioned how it was classroom heavy with tests, and not much real prac-ap. Just like Air Assault, the attrition hits when they get to sling loading. I'm sure you have a blast when you actually get to a Pathfinder section. I think that was one of the justifications of shutting down the school, as it became a "go-to" course, along slashing airborne operations. I think it's going to be one of those things that will return when they realize how critical it really is.

Can't speak for it myself, but we had a few guys from ANGLICO that went. They mentioned how it was classroom heavy with tests, and not much real prac-ap. Just like Air Assault, the attrition hits when they get to sling loading. I'm sure you have a blast when you actually get to a Pathfinder section. I think that was one of the justifications of shutting down the school, as it became a "go-to" course, along slashing airborne operations. I think it's going to be one of those things that will return when they realize how critical it really is.
Its a good school if you’re doing a lot of helo shit and sling loads, back in the day we had some 101st dudes close and hit up their pathfinder company so we could set in a bunch of hlz on some mountain sides. Also to move a bunch of stuff out there. It’s not that we needed them, it’s that’s if they’re there and can coordinate the air. Why not? They enjoyed the work.

Practically CCTs certify DZs, I mean I can do some as well but it’s them who does that. And every aviation crew I’ve worked with, they’re going to determine if they’ll use an HLZ or not.. I can recommend but it’s their bird!

So it’s a cool badge but yeah tactically I don’t think the qual does a lot. Not from what I’ve seen maybe someone knows better.

Its a good school if you’re doing a lot of helo shit and sling loads, back in the day we had some 101st dudes close and hit up their pathfinder company so we could set in a bunch of hlz on some mountain sides. Also to move a bunch of stuff out there. It’s not that we needed them, it’s that’s if they’re there and can coordinate the air. Why not? They enjoyed the work.

Practically CCTs certify DZs, I mean I can do some as well but it’s them who does that. And every aviation crew I’ve worked with, they’re going to determine if they’ll use an HLZ or not.. I can recommend but it’s their bird!

So it’s a cool badge but yeah tactically I don’t think the qual does a lot. Not from what I’ve seen maybe someone knows better.

I think the quals are good for establishing a standard. From a breakdown, it was mentioned how units will have organic DZSOs from their own schoolhouses. Dunno, this was a while back.

I think the quals are good for establishing a standard. From a breakdown, it was mentioned how units will have organic DZSOs from their own schoolhouses. Dunno, this was a while back.
I think pathfinders had more employment before all the air assets and satellites. Pathfinders historically would recon these sites by physically being there, or even by eye flying low over the potential site.

Now with all the air assets you can determine an HLZ without going near it. A DZ on the other hand… depending on what you’re doing.. you kind of got to have someone on the ground. But that someone is just someone jumpmaster qualified. Obviously talking combat stuff here. You really can’t jump completely blacked out unknown DZs, be it free fall or static line. For training. Without a DZ survey that’s a huge risk.

Back in the day the RSLC was a badass course. But a lot less people wanted to go to that a) it was hard b) no badge lol

I heard it’s changed a lot though.

I think pathfinders had more employment before all the air assets and satellites. Pathfinders historically would recon these sites by physically being there, or even by eye flying low over the potential site.

Now with all the air assets you can determine an HLZ without going near it. A DZ on the other hand… depending on what you’re doing.. you kind of got to have someone on the ground. But that someone is just someone jumpmaster qualified. Obviously talking combat stuff here. You really can’t jump completely blacked out unknown DZs, be it free fall or static line. For training. Without a DZ survey that’s a huge risk.

Back in the day the RSLC was a badass course. But a lot less people wanted to go to that a) it was hard b) no badge lol

I heard it’s changed a lot though.

RSLC got moved back to 4th RTB a few years ago. In the least, it got a bit harder from that alone.

Pathfinder school (in yellow).
Now, similar to 'Sapper' school, and tab.
Why a tab and not a patch?

It probably had to do with the SF Diver's badge and Space Badge being rolled out at the same time. Making room and whatnot, since someone might collect them all. Y'all went nuts. UCP rolled out at the same time, too.

Back