• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Dang, gonna be weird seeing boots with zero ribbons when they report

Yeah, it was pretty bizarre looking at a slick sleeve with no awards. Being awarded a Firewatch was a source of anger when I was a boot.

Last edited:
You're gonna have NCOs with 0 ribbons in certain MOS fields.

@heavyarms21 What happened to how cutting scores are calculated? Like my MOS was 1573 to pick up Cpl in Jun 07 but now it's 615.

{<huh}

Last edited:
@heavyarms21 What happened to how cutting scores are calculated? Like my MOS was 1573 to pick up Cpl in Jun 07 but now it's 615.

{<huh}

It's under a New system now.

JEPES.

Junior Enlisted Performance, Evaluation , System. It's a hybrid of Pro Cons and Fitreps.

It's under a New system now.

JEPES.

Junior Enlisted Performance, Evaluation , System. It's a hybrid of Pro Cons and Fitreps.
So no longer just pros/cons, rifle range, pft/cft, MCIs, TIG/TIS?

"New Marine" a few kids had gnarly black eyes for Family Day and it was noticed by Star Sarges and Cols.

Nice. That's how it was during the first few weeks at ITB. Overall, Geiger was a lawless shithole when I was there.

Interesting Article from Task and Purpose promoting a book on Smedley Butler one of only 19 total men to have won the MOH twice and only one besides Dan Daly to do it as a Marine didn't know he lived quite the life especially post Marine Corps.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/sme...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=taskandpurpose
Yep, still not on the "Commandant's Reading List." And probably never will be, either. We really are the most thin skinned branch despite claiming to be the hardest.

Yep, still not on the "Commandant's Reading List." And probably never will be, either. We really are the most thin skinned branch despite claiming to be the hardest.

When was the last time we actually had a Commandant that actually rocked the boat ? Probably long before our time , at best they were yes men and politicians at worst they were Amos.

When was the last time we actually had a Commandant that actually rocked the boat ? Probably long before our time , at best they were yes men and politicians at worst they were Amos.
Probably the dude in the 80s who always wore cammies with Gunny rolled sleeves instead of dress uniforms.

Probably the dude in the 80s who always wore cammies with Gunny rolled sleeves instead of dress uniforms.

alfred-m-gray-jr-1-sized.jpg

Al Gray. I came in during Mundy, who was right after Gray. Mundy undid lots of what Gray did, Krulak finished it. They thought he was being too harsh, so they loosened things up. Then, shit got out of hand.

Last edited:

Covenator calling Raven come on Raven. Covenator calling Raven. Covenantor to Raven, talk to me Johnny

Back