• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Yes spoken for sure altho I don’t use the handwriting much anymore so I’m a bit rusty in that aspect

As long as you pass the proficiency test, I think you'll still score the bonus.

That's correct
One can qualify for a combined 48 months of total education/training related benefits, but not concurrently

So 36 months of Ch 33 or 30 GI Bill then an additional 12 of Voc Rehab if one qualifies
My boss did that exact thing to get his second Masters last year from Rutgers

Hard to link from phone, but googling VA 48 month rule gives you the customer service page for the VA that explains it

That's correct
One can qualify for a combined 48 months of total education/training related benefits

So 36 months of Ch 33 or 30 GI Bill then an additional 12 of Voc Rehab if one qualifies
My boss did that exact thing to get his second Masters last year from Rutgers
Thanks for the info.

As long as you pass the proficiency test, I think you'll still score the bonus.
Nice that would be cool who don’t like extra money lol, it will be weird being a private at age 28 almost 29 by the time I got out of basic training.

Nice that would be cool who don’t like extra money lol, it will be weird being a private at age 28 almost 29 by the time I got out of basic training.

Oh, you'll have people in your platoon older than you, believe me.

Russian paratrooper “VDV” 106th guards airborne division, rank is OP-4 and I served from 2010-2014, and I have a question that someone may know, I’m a US citizen now could I still qualify for military service here?
Yes.
Getting a security clearance may be an issue (if you need one). It will depend on your background and the MOS you choose to serve in. If you go Infantry (11B) in the U.S. Army it should not be an issue.

Russian paratrooper “VDV” 106th guards airborne division, rank is OP-4 and I served from 2010-2014, and I have a question that someone may know, I’m a US citizen now could I still qualify for military service here?

Yes of course. MIGHT be an issue if you pick a job that requires a Top Secret clearance like Intel but most jobs don't even need one.... and you still could possibly get a TS clearance.

Never thought i see a vdv guy here

You jump in fountains in america on день ВДВ?

And secondly how many punches did you took during your service lmao

@Zach The Maniac don't limit yourself to Army. I worked with a few dudes from Latvia and Ukraine, both linguists. One was army one was Air Force. You might have skills that different services need, so sell yourself. Highest bidder. Profit.
<GinJuice>

we had a guy in my unit, Scout, that was former IDF before coming to America and joining our Army

so Russian guy should be guy, other than clearance things (which effect most foreigners, not just former Soviet country ones or anything like that).

I had a Marine last month transfer out, that was formerly in the military in Belarus before coming here

those dudes are pretty legit
trained w/ some in Hohenfels, Germany

Vdv is one of the better units to serve in the sense that training is a bit better and not just building houses for generals or getting beaten by elders

Never thought i see a vdv guy here

You jump in fountains in america on день ВДВ?

And secondly how many punches did you took during your service lmao
Quite a few punches i regularly participated in “ARB”

Russian paratrooper “VDV” 106th guards airborne division.
I believe you can wear your Russian 'jump' wings on your Class 'A' uniform if you go U.S. Army. You would have to go through Airborne school again here in the U.S. at Ft. Benning, GA, to be 'jump' qualified. Basic training here in the U.S. will be a joke compared to what you went through. You would be a great addition to the team...

I believe you can wear your Russian 'jump' wings on your Class 'A' uniform if you go U.S. Army. You would have to go through Airborne school again here in the U.S. at Ft. Benning, GA, to be 'jump' qualified. Basic training here in the U.S. will be a joke compared to what you went through. You would be a great addition to the team...

He can go SF, regiment pays for his language qualifications.

There’s alot of eastern block and Russians in SF, I know a couple including one who was in VDV...

Back