Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

See if you can spot Clint Eastwood in this photo:
Clint8.jpg

is he the token black one in the middle?
I didn't realize there was only one black guy in that class. Weird. Height of the Vietnam war. The short guy in the front row must have gotten a waiver to get into the U.S. Army. I believe the limit was 5". Man that dude is tiny. Would have made a nice 'tunnel rat'. If you click on the picture it will enlarge. I believe Eastwood is the second guy to the left of the black soldier. Both instructors must have gotten their CIB in Vietnam. Everyone looks so young, or I'm just getting old.

I didn't realize there was only one black guy in that class. Weird. Height of the Vietnam war. The short guy in the front row must have gotten a waiver to get into the U.S. Army. I believe the limit was 5". Man that dude is tiny. Would have made a nice 'tunnel rat'. If you click on the picture it will enlarge. I believe Eastwood is the second guy to the left of the black soldier. Both instructors must have gotten their CIB in Vietnam. Everyone looks so young, or I'm just getting old.

which one is clint? (Edit- just seen) i had a look at my basic photo and struggled to recognize myself let alone anyone else lol

This is the perfect Marine Corps tattoo. He's amphibious and constantly confused. @Rex Luger

tGA1kyP.jpg

No way it's a mistake the smallest dude got placed next to the biggest nug in the pic lol.

Have any of you tried counting friends who’ve been killed and/or seriously injured? Is it a good thing because it helps us remember them or is it a bad thing because it brings up bad shit?

I’ve been feeling guilty recently about forgetting the names of my dudes (internally). My life overseas moved so fast and furious I never really bothered to spend time thinking about it until now. Been at college for 2 years now, the longest Ive spent in one location since I was 16. Maybe it’s starting to sink in

Have any of you tried counting friends who’ve been killed and/or seriously injured? Is it a good thing because it helps us remember them or is it a bad thing because it brings up bad shit?

I’ve been feeling guilty recently about forgetting the names of my dudes (internally). My life overseas moved so fast and furious I never really bothered to spend time thinking about it until now. Been at college for 2 years now, the longest Ive spent in one location since I was 16. Maybe it’s starting to sink in

I know what you mean...
Whenever those memories start to stroll down the hallway, I always try to remember the good times and to celebrate their memories and sacrifice by trying to be a better man.

I got counseling too man, don't try to shoulder this alone.

To all the Navy Vets in here

Your Dress Whites are Gayer than AIDS

That is all , thank you for your Service

Army brought the pinks and greens back. They look nice except for the weird curves on the garrison cover.

...I moved this discussion to this thread:
"Extortion 17, the shoot-down of Seal Team 6 was a set up."
There is no conspiracy here. Some members from Seal Team 6 that were on the bin Laden raid were shot down onboard a Chinook (CH-47) helicopter. Shit happens. It is a big helicopter and a big target. Many were shot down in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Regarding the shoot-down of Extortion 17, its not that simple as you say, not even close bud.
- why were a QRF ( Quick Reaction Force ), the majority of them beings SEALS of course, transported in an old Chinook ( a big and easy target like you say ) instead of a Black Hawk which is the helicopter of choice in SEALS training, not to mention the most appropriate for the context of the mission.
- there were 2 Chinooks, Extortion 16 and Extortion 17, Extortion 16 was empty, so why were all the soldiers put together in 1 helicopter ?
- why did the Chinook hovered the área for roughly 2 minutes when it was known that there were enemies in the área ?
- who were the Afghans onboard ? why were their names not in the planes manifest? which is mandatory ... meaning no military plane can take off if the plane´s manifest isnt accurate to the detail.
- if the SEALS died from the crash, why were there bullets in their bodies, as evidenced in the autopsies yet quickly overlooked as having no substancial value ?
- why do the rules of engagement prevented a reaction from the Apaches before and after the Chinook had been shot ?
... and i could go on and on bud ... !
I bet you that if you listen to the vídeo which is in my sig, you will see that things are not that simple, that in fact there are very serious questions to be asked ...
All im offering you is the truth, nothing more.
Cheers bud
Things are not that hard either. This accident was very similar to the 'Operation Red Wings' accident portrayed in the movie 'Lone Survivor'. During Operation Red Wings two Chinooks were also involved and one was shot down full of U.S. Navy SEALs. SEALs relied on U.S. Army aviation assets in theater to move around - Afghanistan. You fly on what is available, which may not always be a Blackhawk helicopter. Plus, a Chinook can carry way more soldiers than a Blackhawk and it flies much faster. Chinooks can outfly Apache and Blackhawk helicopters, which was the reason they flew ahead of the Apaches during the operation, which is not the way things are supposed to be done. That is why they had no security assets (Apaches) when they got to their designated location and were shot down.

'SEAL Team 6 and what really happened on America's deadliest day in Afghanistan'
Link: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/new...y-happened-americas-deadliest-day-afghanistan

Last edited:
...I moved this discussion to this thread:

Things are not that hard either. This accident was very similar to the 'Operation Red Wings' accident portrayed in the movie 'Lone Survivor'. During Operation Red Wings two Chinooks were also involved and one was shot down full of U.S. Navy SEALs. SEALs relied on U.S. Army aviation assets in theater to move around - Afghanistan. You fly on what is available, which may not always be a Blackhawk helicopter. Plus, a Chinook can carry way more soldiers than a Blackhawk and it flies much faster. Chinooks can outfly Apache and Blackhawk helicopters, which was the reason they flew ahead of the Apaches during the operation, which is not the way things are supposed to be done. That is why they had no security assets (Apaches) when they got to their designated location and were shot down.

'SEAL Team 6 and what really happened on America's deadliest day in Afghanistan'
Link: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/new...y-happened-americas-deadliest-day-afghanistan

@FadeLess

LOL!!!!

Lift without pax is used all the time, it's the back up in case one breaks. I've seen this done many times... Nothing out of the normal.

Haha dude I almost stopped reading at why the 47 was used. Look up 160soar you dumb fuck.

Manifest haha!! Like that shit is it published to the FAA (hence it's NOT). Especially a partner force. Shut the fuck up.

You're clueless and talking out your ass. That's why I'm talking to you like the ignorant idiot you're being here. You're probably a great person but what you're saying shows a complete lack of knowledge in how special operations are conducted.

Last edited:

Now and then I do. It sucks man there's no better way about it.

Talking about that stuff helps allot, can't keep it bottled up.

Nothing to feel guilty or bad about bro.

To all the Navy Vets in here

Your Dress Whites are Gayer than AIDS

That is all , thank you for your Service

Haha! Ah come on. The dress whites gotta be tough to maintain. Those bowl hats are a little off but Navy uniforms have improved since the early 2000s.

Remember the bell bottom jeans? Luckily the got rid of those.

Back