Social Military having Recruitment Woes

You’re not going to be able to convince me so save your breath. I don’t believe in policing the world on our taxpayer dollars.
If that’s the best answer you got than I am guessing you’ve never left the US or whatever county you are sitting in at the moment. Or was ever in the military. Or ever talked to anyone from any of the countries i mentioned. Etc etc etc.

Isis/isil.
Kicking their butts was a just war classic example. As righteous as war could ever be
Not sure what you mean by that post. Pardon my confusion. But yeah, I’m glad ISIS officially got stomped and scattered. Does that mean that they or their ideology will never come back to wreak death upon people (usually their own Muslim brethren)? Probably not.

Blackwater went through various name changes, restructured, and grew into Constellis Holdings. Triple Canopy merged with them as a subsidiary before becoming fully absorbed.

They did VPX for a while, no?

I’d still rather have a throw down with them than the Ugandan guards working the bases. Those guys were top tier mercs

Uh huh. And how about all the 18 year Olds who aren't total morons, so they aren't laughing around a kid? What are they being offered?
No idea what you mean by all the 18 year olds who aren’t total morons laughing around a kid, how is that relevant to anything? I used that above pay scale because that’s exactly what my last contract looked like. I’d assume they’re being offered incentives based off their previous experiences and their ASVAB score.

However, my best friend went into 11B about 15 years ago. By his 3rd year of his 4 year enlistment he was at SFARTAETC. By the end of his first enlistment he was receiving an $80k sign in bonus for his next 6 year enlistment. $40k up front in Afghanistan so it was tax free and the next $40k spread over 5 years. He’s an E-8 teaching at the free fall school now. Life is what you make of it, the military is no different.

So many people actually dont want to fight and die, like 99%,or even more
Its akward how that minority is still able to make bad env for the rest

Isis/isil.
Kicking their butts was a just war classic example. As righteous as war could ever be

Thank the russians and the syrians for the destruction of isis. Our goal was to overthrow the syrian government.

If you ever studied the map of the conflict in syria while isis was being fought, you would understand that we were allowing certain units of theirs to function in order to distabilize syria. You should also look into where their wounded fighters were being treated.

RIght now in syria, we are illegally occupying the resource rich (oil, grain) portion of the country and depriving the people of syria of their resources.

We are currently funding and arming Al-Quaeda to create instability in the country. When you hear the term "moderate rebel," its al-quaeda.

Al-Quaeda in Syria changed their name to Al-Nusra front, because telling people we were funding Al-Quaeda was a hard sell. Then people figured out Al-Nusra Front was just rebranded Al-Quaeda so they changed their name to Hayat Tahrir Al-Sham, which is who we support today. Its literally the exact same people.

Last edited:
No, spending trillions is not why America is wealthy.

Plus there’s more than enough resources here - no need to bomb brown children for decades.

America could pull out of every foreign country tomorrow, cut their military budget to 1/4 what it is and the only negative would be that the gravy train ended for the military industrial complex robbing taxpayers blind.
giphy.gif

ever talked to anyone from any of the countries i mentioned. Etc etc etc.
Again, I don’t care. Injustices happen all around the world and I don’t believe trillions of US taxpayer money should go to fighting wars that have nothing to do with Americans, all over the world. You won’t change my mind on that.

The American military should protect America. I don’t support sending our men and women overseas to die for something that has nothing to do with us or come home with PTSD and end up homeless. America first.

But, the wealthy and/or politically connected families could get out of their kid being drafted.

Rangel's plan would have ensure poor, middle class, and wealthy would have to serve.
That is true. I remember reading somewhere that many wealthy people made sure to have their kids enrolle in college during the Vietnam war to avoid being drafted. Again, I'm for reinstating the draft if enlistment remains low. I also liked your idea of making women eligible for the draft.

They should go back to allowing GED earners to enlist at the same manner as high school graduates.

And what's the 18 year old infantryman getting for pay when he enlists? Is it alot?
The pay charts are available online to view. Like I said before ITT, it’s not what serviceman get paid. It’s what they DON’T have to pay for.

Again, I don’t care. Injustices happen all around the world and I don’t believe trillions of US taxpayer money should go to fighting wars that have nothing to do with Americans, all over the world. You won’t change my mind on that.

The American military should protect America. I don’t support sending our men and women overseas to die for something that has nothing to do with us or come home with PTSD and end up homeless. America first.
Spoken like a person that has never served or done…. ANYTHING with his (her?) life.

Lol at working in the military on behalf of others. The overwhelming majority of people in the military are idiots who couldn't figure out anything else to do with their lives, the rest are scum that want to be able to play action hero.

And can we drop this bullshit about calling working in the military service? It's not service to anyone other than the military industrial complex and private interests. Calling it service is pure propaganda brainwashing. Why don't we refer to any of the other jobs in this country, the ones where people are actually serving the needs of society as service?

Don't forget the hilarious thanking them.

Thank you for protecting me from the mighty Afghan army that was coming to conquer us!

My sister hurt her shoulder in the air force which is now 100% healed and was a small injury in the first place and she's getting $1k a month disability from the military for life

Her husband hurt his back which doesn't affect him physically at all and he's also getting $1k a month for life from the air force.

Both are small injuries you can get working anywhere and you might call in sick for one day then back to work you go

The pay charts are available online to view. Like I said before ITT, it’s not what serviceman get paid. It’s what they DON’T have to pay for.

Given the recruiting numbers, that is not what people actually want.

Those pay charts look like shit.

Back