Social Military having Recruitment Woes

For the 3rd time… it’s not what we get paid, it’s what we didn’t have to pay for. THAT is what the pay charts doesn’t show.
You’re arguing with someone that is being intentionally dense. That’s why I stopped responding after the second time he quoted me and just repeated himself like he didn’t get the concept

The American military's primary purpose is the suppression of civilian populations. This is made pretty apparent by how it's wielded (things like destroying civilian infrastructure and leaving opposing military forces functional but scattered to encourage ongoing and destabilising insurgencies, etc). It is not intended, in any way, shape, or form, to actually fight wars or achieve what would generally be considered definitive military objectives.

And, as the American empire's influence and sphere recedes, the only population it'll have to suppress will be the same fat, lazy, gender-confused population that can't provide it with worthwhile soldiers.

America's not fighting or winning any wars. It's been a long time since it even tried to.

Last edited:
You’re incredibly naïve
No I’m not. There is no need to spend more than every other country combined on military. Nobody else does it. American taxpayers should not be on the hook to police the world.

If you truly support veterans, you’d want to stop sending them overseas for nothing, only to come home with PTSD and be homeless assuming they make it home.

So they also get..... forced to eat shitty food? To sleep in a barracks?

Man, the free shit is just piling up. I wonder why the recruiting is down. Such a mystery.
shitty what? Speak for yourself. It was always pretty darn good food during my 20 years. Especially during the main FOB heydays in combat zones. edit: OK during OAR 2015 in Poland the food was rough since it was all Polish food by Polish cooks. But it we were the first rotation there and didn't have much control over the quality of food.

And I’ve been in some pretty darn good barracks in my time.
And if a junior year enlisted is married than they get to live off base and receive BAH. Which is about 900 to 1500 extra month.

OH and do some research. There is a whoooole lot of things that are “down”. Highschool registrations, College registration etc etc

Last edited:
The US army has an elite unit known as the Fridge Raiders.
9fq2s.jpg
I actually saw this dude in real life. A looooong time ago. Like pre-sequestration. Nowadays (after 2011) he’d be booted out.
Nowadays?
This guy must have been National Guard. He would not have made it in the regular Army even before 2011. Didn't know they made uniforms that big. The weight rules are really the same for both, not sure how this kid got deployed. There was a shortage of soldiers for a period, and the Army even implemented the 'Stop Loss' program. Things that would normally keep soldiers from deploying were tossed out the window: Weight, APFT, and weapons qualification. The showstoppers for deploying remained drug testing and security clearance.

The U.S. Army has only been able to fill 40% of its required quota for this year. Bonuses have gone up, but things have not changed much. A shortage of 60% is a serious problem. Same has been happening to the Navy, Air Force, and Marines.

The US army has an elite unit known as the Fridge Raiders.

10542720_774758292575809_5921271336211484957_o-e1406575904394.jpg

9fq2s.jpg
These guys are probably fatties because of poor lifestyle choices but I'm not so quick to judge people like this in uniform after one of my DIs blew up a couple of years later after a bike wreck messed up his thyroid.

Recruit more gays and trannies. Kick out more service members for not getting vaccinated. Have more courses in CRT and tranny shit. Lower standards for women even more. That should get the recruitment up.

Nowadays?
This guy must have been National Guard. He would not have made it in the regular Army even before 2011. Didn't know they made uniforms that big. The weight rules are really the same for both, not sure how this kid got deployed. There was a shortage of soldiers for a period, and the Army even implemented the 'Stop Loss' program. Things that would normally keep soldiers from deploying were tossed out the window: Weight, APFT, and weapons qualification. The showstoppers for deploying remained drug testing and security clearance.

The U.S. Army has only been able to fill 40% of its required quota for this year. Bonuses have gone up, but things have not changed much. A shortage of 60% is a serious problem. Same has been happening to the Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
It was a LONG time ago, I think I saw him at Camp Taji, Iraq. His unit was leaving as we got there. He could have easily been National guard. Not sure.

But you have to remember around 2004 - 2008 the Army needed numbers to deploy. I called those the "felony / neck tattoo years". So a lot of blind eyes were turned to guys like that. I remember quite a few 1SGs holding back paperwork for all kinds of things just to make sure they had the numbers needed for the next stint in Afghanistan.

Then the sequestration hit in late 2010. People were getting the boot left and right.

The United States might have to wage less wars and find more diplomatic ways of solving problems.
Well true. And as of right now, what all wars is the US involved in? Aren't going on the right path now?

Last edited:
I know my oldest nephew is more conservative. Heard recently though that my middle nephew seems to be quite liberal. I'm not to surprised. He has indicated in the past that he is liberal.

The middle nephew said while his grandparents were visiting last week that it would not be moral for him to work for the military. He is studying to be an aerospace engineer. Had his grandmother upset. She didn't like hearing her grandson limiting his career/job options.

With that said, I keep reading that fewer conservatives are not attracted to the military anymore since Biden made the military woke.

Nowadays?

He’s definitely national guard. Look at the unit patches around him

I find this very interesting.
The Marine Corps and Air Force aren't having problems filling slots, it's mainly the Army and the Navy.
From what I understand, the SEALS are getting the bodies to fill their slots also.

Bry
I thought the blue water navy was downsizing due to their naval ships being more automated?

I have to wonder if part of the reluctance comes from a lack of faith they would be fighting for a good cause. The last couple of ventures haven't exactly been something to be proud of

Posted in wrong forum.

Last edited:
Indirectly related, college applications are down as well.

When I put these 2 things together, a decline in college applications and a decline in people willing to enter the military, it paints a grim picture about future success. Because education and military supremacy are the backbone of our nation's position at the front of the pack. If trend was exaggerated, we're looking at future generations that aren't as educated and aren't as capable of defending themselves.

And when that's the case, you have to start wondering about who we'll be electing into public office.

Military supremacy is the backbone? Oh please. There are many nations with smaller percentage wise military budget that are doing just as well or better.

Back