Social Military having Recruitment Woes

Right? Or just ignoring how many guys have to live in utter dogshit conditions in a barracks or ship.

That's the military though. Never accept responsibility.
Just curious, which is exact barracks today is what you are describing? Which base and exact location?

Did you get credits for Daycare Management 101, Anything Is Food if You're Hungry Enough 201, and Murdering the Enemy 500?
Aha ha! Cool jokes.

sadly enough for the last couple decades your joke more reflective on actual college reality.

Done any research lately? China is knee deep in some serious financial problems atm.
I'm not actually learning Chinese, but Biden is doing his very best to make sure we lose whatever power and influence we still have. China will be more than happy to fill the void.

Always an excuse, till it affects someone with a little pull. Then it's an emergency.
Yep. Gotta love how it's dam near impossible for a single E5 to get BAH but an E2 checks in and they get it instantly just because they're married (even with no kids).

That is a really long and complicated answer that has to do with the fact there were colonial militias and those militia's became the National Guard and the Navy does not have an equivalent tradition.
There is an Air National Guard - U.S. Air Force.

No I’m not. There is no need to spend more than every other country combined on military. Nobody else does it. American taxpayers should not be on the hook to police the world.

If you truly support veterans, you’d want to stop sending them overseas for nothing, only to come home with PTSD and be homeless assuming they make it home.
You are though. America is the one reaping the rewards of a stable world with stable supply chains. This is the motivation behind sending troops to station a all over the world giving us unprecedented capability to strike anywhere. Do you think it’s just a coincidence that we became a super power as we started posting up all over the world and ballooning up our defense budget? I’m not arguing that every dollar is well spent or that there shouldn’t be some better oversight to the spending, but our military might is a major part of why we are so wealthy as a country.

Also, spare me that tripe about supporting troops and killing brown people.

Yep. Gotta love how it's dam near impossible for a single E5 to get BAH but an E2 checks in and they get it instantly just because they're married (even with no kids).
That's an Army/Marine thing. The Air Force kicks you out of the dorms at E-5

That's an Army/Marine thing. The Air Force kicks you out of the dorms at E-5

Same here, if unaccompanied housing is available is only mandatory for single E4 and below...

....it's usually not available...

I don’t see a problem with this. If you think numbers are bad right now, do you really think telling guys they can’t live in a home with their wives is going to improve them? It might not be fair but it is necessary

Just curious, which is exact barracks today is what you are describing? Which base and exact location?
There’s definitely shitty barracks out there. There are also nice ones. I’ve seen both extremes in the same base even.

When I was in Hawaii, the barracks had some kind of mold in the vents that ran through the building that they could never get rid of. After a couple weeks without fail it would spread around the vents in the soldiers rooms. They wouldn’t tear the building up to fix it because the building were “historic” (had some bullet holes in the from the attack in Pearl Harbor). They rationalized it by saying the mold wasn’t dangerous to people. But come in now, you know that no colonels or sergeant majors were living with mold growing on the walls around their vents.

And you wonder why people don't reenlist, also hurting numbers.
No. The only thing I’m really wondering about is why you bothering responding to me with empty posts. We get it, you’re pouty about having been stuck in a barracks.

Last edited:
No. The only thing I’m really worried erring about is why you bothering responding to me with empty posts. We get it, you’re pouty about having been stuck in a barracks.
You quoted me first lol

Back