Mikey Garcia: Trashes Bob Arum

I used to be a fan, but now I'll care what he has to say when he's signed a decent fight. This once-a-year-in-a-division-I-dont-belong-in stuff is for the birds.

Couldn't agree more. Just stop talking and fight someone relevant in a division you can compete in.

Exactly, Mikey looks like he is/could be elite at 135/140 but he's never regained the momentum he had before his contract issues. Was looking forward to a Pac fight but that seems very unlikely now.
i don't know, i thought his momentum was pretty good before he went full retard and took the spence fight. he nearly killed zlaticanin, took broner to school, easily beat lipinets and easter jr. it's not an incredible run, but 3 of those guys were undefeated, and the 4th was broner. we may all hate broner, but he's a solid scalp for anyone.

i do agree mikey needs to stop fucking around and go back down in weight. 135 would be ideal, i'd love to see him in the mix with lopez, haney, tank, lomachenko... but considering he refused to fight linares when jorge was still the man, i'm not exactly getting my hopes up about him diving into that shark tank.

i think he'll be taking money fights at 147 for a year or two, then retire for good. he's always been an immense talent who could've become an all time great, but apparently never had the desire to do that. it's a damn shame, even with a record of 40-1 and having held titles in 4 divisions, his career seems underwhelming, considering his potential.

i don't know, i thought his momentum was pretty good before he went full retard and took the spence fight. he nearly killed zlaticanin, took broner to school, easily beat lipinets and easter jr. it's not an incredible run, but 3 of those guys were undefeated, and the 4th was broner. we may all hate broner, but he's a solid scalp for anyone.

i do agree mikey needs to stop fucking around and go back down in weight. 135 would be ideal, i'd love to see him in the mix with lopez, haney, tank, lomachenko... but considering he refused to fight linares when jorge was still the man, i'm not exactly getting my hopes up about him diving into that shark tank.

i think he'll be taking money fights at 147 for a year or two, then retire for good. he's always been an immense talent who could've become an all time great, but apparently never had the desire to do that. it's a damn shame, even with a record of 40-1 and having held titles in 4 divisions, his career seems underwhelming, considering his potential.

I kind of wonder if Mikey can even make 135. He hasn't had to for over 2 years and he's already 33. Granted he's not even a big 140, but guys don't tend to do better going up that far and then coming back down, especially late in their career.

Man, it seems like a million years ago that he damn near killed Zlaticanin. You're right to say that even at 40-1 and titles in 4 divisions there's a ton of potential for his career still. He could be like 2 fights away from being a big mainstream-ish star.

Is he still looking to be a cop? Or an accountant or whatever? Or was that just a play to try and get away from TR?

I kind of wonder if Mikey can even make 135. He hasn't had to for over 2 years and he's already 33. Granted he's not even a big 140, but guys don't tend to do better going up that far and then coming back down, especially late in their career.
the last video i saw of him he was pretty fat. no idea how recent it was.

i think he can easily make 135 if he's in shape. it's not like he's a big guy, or that he put on a ton of muscle for his 147 fights. he just went from lean to chubby.

i could be wrong though.

the last video i saw of him he was pretty fat. no idea how recent it was.

i think he can easily make 135 if he's in shape. it's not like he's a big guy, or that he put on a ton of muscle for his 147 fights. he just went from lean to chubby.

i could be wrong though.

He was trying to put on muscle. But you could tell against Spence he was flabby. I'm pretty sure he kept working with Conte for the Vargas fight. He's probably put on a few pounds of muscle since he was at 135. Not 12, but a few.

Getting fat between fights definitely won't help his longevity either. He's not as bad as Hatton but he's not missing any meals either. Not even second breakfast or first dinner.

Back