Mikey Garcia: Trashes Bob Arum

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/1/...a-trashes-bob-arum-interview-boxing-news-2021

Will I ever work with Arum again? Honestly, I seriously doubt that. Fuck Arum, piece of shit. I’ma keep it real now, I’m tired of just keeping it always politically correct and trying not to get him upset because all the fighters are still with Top Rank, because my brother still works with Bob Arum and Top Rank — fuck that fool.

“New year, new me. New year, new me — fuck that fool. And he probably didn’t even know what the real problem was with the lawsuit, with the negotiations, he only got one side of the story. You know, he’s the boss so his workers were only telling him their side of the story, making it seem like I’m so difficult to work (with), that I’m asking for large sums of numbers — motherfucker, we never even sat and discussed a single number in a single fight.

“So how can he say that my mind is in the stars asking for all these crazy purses? No. Never sat, never actually discussed anything with him. But the people around him, the other people at Top Rank telling him that I’m crazy, that I’m asking for so much money, just to make him feel like they’re doing their job and that I’m the one being difficult. But that fool don’t even know shit.

Like Keef "some time" Thurman said recently, theres a reason all of Arum's top fighters leave his ass.

Speaks volumes to get such graphic responses from a good camper like my guy Mikey..

I bet DAZN want to go through the numbers with Mikey so that they can pay him less for his next fight.

De La Hoya, Mayweather, and Pacquiao, the 3 biggest stars in the sport over the last 25 years, all split from Top Rank. Thurman's correct.

We didnt need Mikey to confirm.

It was confirmed once Keef said it, and Keef is one of the most honest active boxers today

De La Hoya, Mayweather, and Pacquiao, the 3 biggest stars in the sport over the last 25 years, all split from Top Rank. Thurman's correct.
Actually he isn't correct. In fact Pacquiao split other promoter's to go to Top Rank. He was with Top Rank from his 1st fight with Marquez in 2004 until his fight with Jeff Horn in 2017.

Arum gonna Arum. Not sure if Garcia has been making all the right career moves since they parted ways, though.

Last edited:
Speaking of old timey promoters, how many boxers are in the Don King stable?
Both King and Arum are 89 years old, I’m actually somewhat surprised. I thought they would both be in their mid 90s or something.

Imagine dealing with guys that are one trip of their shoes away from the grave and probably have significantly degenerated mentally

I mean on the flipside, pretty much every fighter that tastes success gets a little entitled.

It can't be easy working with them, either.

Both King and Arum are 89 years old, I’m actually somewhat surprised. I thought they would both be in their mid 90s or something.

Imagine dealing with guys that are one trip of their shoes away from the grave and probably have significantly degenerated mentally

That's why Eddie Hearn has been trying to make his mark in Vegas and LA for the past few years, he's sniffing around the real estate for when the two legends uh.... retire.

I used to be a fan, but now I'll care what he has to say when he's signed a decent fight. This once-a-year-in-a-division-I-dont-belong-in stuff is for the birds.

Exactly, Mikey looks like he is/could be elite at 135/140 but he's never regained the momentum he had before his contract issues. Was looking forward to a Pac fight but that seems very unlikely now.

Back