Mike Tyson 'was offered no holds barred deathmatch' by UFC legend; Tyson accepted!

I got Tyson in any no holds barred deathmatch. I am afraid of what he would do to his opponent.
Tyson would have destroyed Royce.

The Gracie's also challenged Benny the Jet Urquidez, then backed out when they realized he had some grappling experience with Gene Lebell.

I imagine if Tyson did even 6 months to work on a sprawl and basic sub defence they wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Tyson did his best fighting on the inside. He was just way too quick and powerful for Royce to clinch up with. He would have gotten torn to pieces as soon as he got close.

HvAN8h0IHJP7A20TtvFz3QSP07Xv66qASnCNAUAd2WE.jpg

I got Mike in that fight.

Tyson's too strong too fast,Gracie would never get him down.

Let's bet on it!

HeartfeltDesertedBoa-size_restricted.gif
There would be no "training" for this fight, it was just a boxer vs. a Gracie Jiu Jitsu guy. If Tyson could land a shot, it could be lights out but if Gracie got his hands on him, game over. We forget that Gracie fought bigger men than Tyson and more well rounded fighters than Tyson. Punks nowadays like to shit on the "Old Guard" but forget, if it wasn't for the old guard kicking the crap out of most of these guys fathers and trainers, they wouldn't have learned about how to defeat or negate those techniques. Even today, most MMA fighters wouldn't have lasted in an original UFC, no holds barred, tournament:
No rounds, no time limits, no "points", no cups, no stand-ups for lack of action and NO WEIGHT CLASSES. Just fight until the winner stands up. McGregor vs. jon jones vs. Dillashaw vs Usman vs Khabib vs Ngannou?

a lot of boxer who went into mma were kind of lazy counter pucher a la jimmenson, hurricane carter and toney. These guys were backing up and waiting to duck and counter, which is a terrible style in mma if you don't have td defense. Tyson wasnt cut from that mold

Nonsense.

Aggressively pursuing a grappler is suicide...especially at UFC 1.

LOL @ "Lazy vounter puncher"

Toney was twice the boxer of Tyson.

Watch their respective fights with Holyfield then just remember Toney used fo fight at 160

He wouldnt need to. If Royce tries to get close to him,hes going to sleep,the hand speed is too ridiculous,the defense too impregnable.
Lol nice trolling, ya got me.

Anyone who thinks tyson would know what to do once royce got a hold of him back in 1993 are idiots. Sure a great boxer today would k ow what to expect because they have seen mma and bjj. But back then, everyone was CLUELESS. Hell i don’t think mike wouldve even sprawled, he would have gotten chokee unconscious.

Gracie never gets close. He gets slept the first time he tries to, because he's a very easy target to hit for a guy like Tyson.

sorry, but that's BS.
I love Tyson, but he would have ended up like Toney to Randy.
Different world, one that he is not used to and could not prepare to defend a takedown.
The problem with that analogy is that Tyson would’ve been nowhere near as washed as Toney was and Royce was nowhere close to the level of Coutures wrestling. Plus Tyson would’ve had 40+Lbs on Royce

I rebember one of the gracie also challenged roy jones in his prime. Said he was going to give him a million for every minute he lasted. That would have been fun to see. Jones at the time was moving like a gazelle, and was probably the fastest puncher the game ever saw. And he had crazy power.

If Gracie did get Tyson on the ground just remember Tyson has the biting force of a great white shark, just ask Holyfields ear.

Last edited:
I rebember one of the gracie also challenged roy jones in his prime. Said he was going to give him a million for every minute he lasted. That would have been fun to see. Jones at the time was moving like a gazelle, and was probably the fastest puncher the game ever saw. And he had crazy power.
That would have been even WORSE for Royce than Tyson

I can't even imagine the damage Tyson's punches would do to another human's body bare-knuckled or even in MMA gloves.
fvPQQzT.jpg

Tyson on street fight with 6'5 225lbs boxer Mitch Green:

"And that's when he was out [knocked out cold].

"I got scared because he didn't move anymore when his head hit the concrete and that's when I just ran and got in the car and thought, 'Let's get the f**k out of here.'

"I thought I killed him [and] I was so scared.

"I was so happy the next day in the 'papers they showed his eye [injury] because I knew he wasn't dead then."

sorry, but that's BS.
I love Tyson, but he would have ended up like Toney to Randy.
Different world, one that he is not used to and could not prepare to defend a takedown.

You really think tyson would have knew about bjj? Like at all? Derrick lewis trains in mma and thats why he is able to do it. Everything from tyson’s stance wouldve made him taken down just as easy as royce got jimmerson down. Stop using modern mma as a gauge to how tyson wouldve done. Modern mma fighters know and train exactly to fight off takedowns and time counters. Tyson’s only chance was to catch royce coming in. Shooting low almost gaurantees a boxer has no chance of hitting you.

see randy couture vs james toney. And that was during a time when james toney knew about ground fighting lol

Randy Couture was a very high level wrestler and the same size as Toney. Still took him 3 minutes on the ground to finish CTE Toney. I think Royce would've beaten Tito Trinidad or Oscar De La Hoya. Mike Tyson is a different story. Too strong and explosive for Gracie.

Nonsense.

Watch their respective fights with Holyfield then just remember Toney used fo fight at 160
The James Toney that fought Couture was a hundred lbs over his prime Just stop.

Nonsense.

Man, i like.toney has much as anyone, but he was a lazy counterpuncher at that time in his career. His game was planting his feet, dipping and ducking and countering. He was more explosive at mw and smw, but the old toney that went into the ufc was all craft and no explosion

Last edited:
Randy Couture was a very high level wrestler and the same size as Toney. Still took him 3 minutes on the ground to finish CTE Toney. I think Royce would've beaten Tito Trinidad or Oscar De La Hoya. Mike Tyson is a different story. Too strong and explosive for Gracie.
Royce grappled and fought Dan Severn who is bigger and stronger than mike tyson

"He's so big and strong he'd just pew pew punch and boom he wins!"

My God, have you people learned nothing?
I think the problem with some of you people is you think MMA automatically beats everything else that you dont stop to think about who is fighting who.

Can mma guys beat Mike in an mma match? sure of course,but Royce? I doubt it bud

I think Tyson would knock him out in 30 seconds.

Lol, man, why don’t boxers just do that every single time. Its almost like derrick lewis is an mma fighter trained in mma!
Which elite level former champion in their prime(Mike was coming out but not washed)have fought mma?Huge difference in ability and hand speed between champion level boxer and mma fighters who spend limited time on just boxing

Back