Mike Tyson Shuts Down UFC Fighters Hoping for Boxing Money

Ah yes, noted PhD in econometrics and price theory, Mike Tyson.
Because you need a phD to figure out that the UFC fighters are pocketing a small share of the profit. Minimum salary in the NHL is $850,000 and many of them hardly see any ice time. It's like the NBA, where the stars hog all the on-court time. And they have insurance and pension.

It's ridiculous to think that world dominating, bigger than soccer UFC can't pay that kind of salaries. It should be significantly more than that, because no insurance or pension.

At least even the debutant UFC fighters make 5 figures. Guess how much money debutant boxers make?
giphy.gif

would like to note that UFC is still paying peanuts to fighters
Why do you compare proboxers with 0-0 records to people fighting in "best mma promotion".

Are you seriously confused? lol

Here’s an example:

For UFC 248: Zhang Weili made $200,000 for defeating Joanna Jedrzejczyk who made $106,000.

$106k for this! <36>
joanna-jedrzejczyk-ufc-248-hematoma.jpg

While you can rest assured Dana pocketed way more than $106k for absolutely nothing - just being the promoter.
Not only this, but he is your "promotor" and he will shit on you few days before fight for no real reason other than maybe refusing takin dive for "chinese market".

Because you need a phD to figure out that the UFC fighters are pocketing a small share of the profit. Minimum salary in the NHL is $850,000 and many of them hardly see any ice time. It's like the NBA, where the stars hog all the on-court time. And they have insurance and pension.

It's ridiculous to think that world dominating, bigger than soccer UFC can't pay that kind of salaries. It should be significantly more than that, because no insurance or pension.
The quoted statement is that boxers will always make more money than MMA fighters.

In the grand scheme, MMA remains a young sport. Nobody knows what MMA's payscale will look like in 20 years. Anyone asserting that they know what the future looks like is foolish.

The quoted statement is that boxers will always make more money than MMA fighters.

In the grand scheme, MMA remains a young sport. Nobody knows what MMA's payscale will look like in 20 years. Anyone asserting that they know what the future looks like is foolish.
The last part I agree with. Boxing can be all but dead in a decade.

ufc should pay more than $850k minimum?

sure. you'd definitely call a $900m payday a million dollar payday to effectively convey the magnitude.

because adding 900 in front is so wordy and doesn't add any important context......

lol.

seriously, what fuckin moron would call $200 million a million dollar payday??? maybe if you were in the middle of a divorce.....

Not sure why you're trying to be pedantic just for the sake of being pedantic on an MMA forum board.

It doesn't even make sense...

The original statement I made was that fighters like Joanna get paid "thousands" (120 thousand dollars) to take crazy damage to their bodies when they should be making much more for their fights. That's all. End of conversation.

Your "lol" and all that extra stuff is pointless. Call it whatever you want... I don't give af.

Comprehension is also hard... add an S to that thousand if it makes you understand the point better.

Use the correct word in your point if you actually want to make a point.

Tells me about comprehension.
<45><45><45><45><45>
Welcome to The Heavies ladies and gentlemen.

Use the correct word in your point if you actually want to make a point.

Tells me about comprehension.
<45><45><45><45><45>
Welcome to The Heavies ladies and gentlemen.

It's not hard to miss an S when you're typing on your phone... stop pretending to be so smart. LMAO

Yes... just like if someone made $200 mill you would call it a million dollar payday.

<seedat><TheDonald><seedat><TheDonald><seedat>

I would if I was retarded. most people don't round off numbers to something 200x less. Now if you're trying to make a point of how little they make, I guess I get where you are coming from, but I still think points are better made with real numbers than 1-999 rounding off to the same result to make a point.

Last edited:
lol @ people getting butthurt at tyson for saying that.

I love MMA and always want these guys to make more money.

But if MMA doesnt surpass Boxing in paydays...does it REALLY fuckin matter all that much?

Boxing is not the enemy.

being a former boxer doesn't make him an authority on everything fighting related, that's a shitty article anyway, tyson doesn't even provide any analyses on his opinion, just "i don't know why they're being paid less, but they should be paid more but they never will", basically just clickbait using tyson name
Yep this. I was dissapointed when i read the article.

"Thats it??"

Its down to the fact general people like to see stand up only and knock outs, ask a casual about UFC and they say they don't like the 'hugging on the ground shit' and they fucking hate 'human chess matches'

The amount of clueless people who buy boxing ppvs are unreal, its along the same lines as the Just bleed crew.

Conor allegedly made 100m...yeah, in boxing, then returned to the usual pay rate in MMA, Canelo had to wait for UFC 244 to be over, Masvidal vs Diaz, he could had paid them 4 times the money each of them did out of his own purse, and still bank over $20m in that fight, for it to be over earlier...

MMA is a promotion centered sport, in Boxing they have their own promotions/promoter, they sort of earn the money the UFC earns, not just the part the UFC pays the fighters, that is not going to change, top guys make decent money, and lower end guys probably make more than lower end guys in boxing do tho.

Ah yes, noted PhD in econometrics and price theory, Mike Tyson.

You’re on an mma forum giving your unsolicited and uneducated opinion/advice on mma, look at yourself first. Do you have a black belt in jiu jitsu? You should, you’re on an mma forum.

You’re on an mma forum giving your unsolicited and uneducated opinion/advice on mma, look at yourself first. Do you have a black belt in jiu jitsu? You should, you’re on an mma forum.
I have been practicing BJJ since 2007. My instructor is a black belt, but does not promote. Yes, I know significantly more about BJJ than the average poster here.

Back