Media Mike Perry just announced that he has a fight coming up, and it's big news.

Khamzat releasing that he has a fight signed and Perry saying it at the same time = PLEASE let this be it!!!

Khamzat releasing that he has a fight signed and Perry saying it at the same time = PLEASE let this be it!!!

I think KC just mentioned he has a date for his next bout and it's a 5 round main event. He said now it's on the "other side" which my guess is they're still looking for an opponent. Haven't signed anything yet. While Perry just mentioned he already has one and already signed the contract.

Okay, bud.

But here's two points:

1. Most of the people on this site cry when a fighter isn't fighting guys in a specific division. In case you missed it, Khazmat has fought at MW 2/3 times. He intends to fight at WW moving forward based on his interview posted here.

2. Mike Perry is probably better than any fighter Khazmat has faced. Sure maybe he's close to Meerkat, but I'd think he's a bit higher up the totem pole + he's a semi-name, the most "famous" opponent by far for Chimaev. Also again, a 170er and the best 170er by far he will have faced thus far.

So...you just think Hazmat is going to go from beating a top 20-30 guy who's unranked to fighting a top 5 guy or for a title? Lmao. Not sure how beating a journeyman at 185 magically grants someone a top 5-10 guy at WW necessarily.

This. Perry is always dangerous for anyone, but also super dangerous for a green aggressive guy who has been seen throwing wide haymaykers with chin out like Chimaev before his UFC run.

Let's not forget that Perry has good scrambling abilities and is good at getting back up and avoiding TDs.

This whole shithole of a website is completely sleeping on Perry, IMO.

This. Perry is always dangerous for anyone, but also super dangerous for a green aggressive guy who has been seen throwing wide haymaykers with chin out like Chimaev before his UFC run.

Let's not forget that Perry has good scrambling abilities and is good at getting back up and avoiding TDs.

Perry is not good, I think the site is right and you 2 ladies are overrating him.

Perry is not good, I think the site is right and you 2 ladies are overrating him.

I have rustled many jimmies on F2 in the past shitting on Perry, calling him a bum, and fringe top-10, which I am more than convinced that he is now, given his lackluster recent record.

All I am saying is that Khamzat is super green and that Perry is a bad match-up for him, as well as a serious step-up in competition.

I have rustled many jimmies on F2 in the past shitting on Perry, calling him a bum, and fringe top-10, which I am more than convinced that he is now, given his lackluster recent record.

All I am saying is that Khamzat is super green and that Perry is a bad match-up for him, as well as a serious step-up in competition.
Perry is closer to the bottom 10 than top 10

Perry is closer to the bottom 10 than top 10

Damn didn't realise that Perry was not even ranked anymore, FKNLOL.
My comments still stand, though, and that makes it an even more logical step for Khamzat.

I think KC just mentioned he has a date for his next bout and it's a 5 round main event. He said now it's on the "other side" which my guess is they're still looking for an opponent. Haven't signed anything yet. While Perry just mentioned he already has one and already signed the contract.
Damn it, you're right. Oh well.

i really hope its not khamzat. Perry is the least dangerous opponent for him to face.

Has to be Khazmat no?
Almost certain it is.

Mike Perry is well known to be CRAP at managing his money and owed back taxes to IRS and various things and I recall doing a quick calculation a few months ago and figured that he'd be basically more or less broke in Oct/Nov/Dec so...... I think UFC knows that damn well so they've offered him a fight vs Khamzat in October in Abu Dhabi and he's just signed that.
Timing checks out as Dana said after the fight last weekend that they'd be scrambling to figure out next opponent for Khamzat before flying out that night/next morning to Abu Dhabi.

So yes i'd say we *probably* have Khamzat Chimaev vs Mike Perry at 170lbs fighting in October in Abu Dhabi.
That's what I think.

I'm pretty sure it is.
The signs point to it.

Next month I'd say. Last event in Abu Dhabi?? UFC 254 on Oct 24th?? only 4 weeks away, so not much time for Perry to train but....he needs the money am quite sure of that, and he needs to make amends for his restaurant stupidity in the summer so.....the answer from Mike is "Yes, signed! Thank you!".
There's currently 11 fights on that UFC254 card (as per Tapology) so I'd say room for one or two more.....

I'll be surprised if Khamzat fights this guy considering he's not even ranked.

Dana said during the Fight Island press conference today that Khazmat will be facing a ranked opponent, so Mike is out unless Dana is just messing around.

According to wikipedia (I know), yesterday, he's fighting Michel Pereira.

You-Serious.gif

How someone with an 09 account could come up with that take is fucking hilarious.

Back