• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mike Perry: “I’m going with black athleticism.”

I'm curious to know why you have a child's anime avatar.

You realize adults watch anime, right? You know Israel and Paulo Costa both reference anime? That insult stood up in 2003 because a lot of anime was consumed by kids then in the US as it was making some if its initial rounds through adult swim, toonami and a few other platforms in the early 2000s late 90s.

And the western audience thinks animation=children, but thats not even true with anime in general. The culture, the art and the quality of content has now carried over for a few decades strong in the US. "Nice childrens avatar", okay moron boomer.

Naruto is some awful kid shit though.

I gotta tattoo of him too. Funny the fighter this thread is talking about has one too from the same show.

Nice deflection though avoiding answering my question.

Wow, a tattoo of an anime character! That's awesome bro!

<36>

You realize adults watch anime, right? You know Israel and Paulo Costa both reference anime? That insult stood up in 2003 because a lot of anime was consumed by kids then in the US as it was making some if its initial rounds through adult swim, toonami and a few other platforms in the early 2000s late 90s.

And the western audience thinks animation=children, but thats not even true with anime in general. The culture, the art and the quality of content has now carried over for a few decades strong in the US. "Nice childrens avatar", okay moron boomer.

Seems like I struck a chord. Sorry for upsetting you, nerd.

People should watch Fullmetal Alchemist, Monster, or Promised Neverland before they voice their outdated opinions on anime lol. Like do they think Rick and Morty and South Park are kids shows because they're animated? Anime is simply a medium but some people think Sailor Moon and Pokémon is the entire compendium lol.

Mike Perry has a worse betting record than Chael

Mike's clinch work comes from slamming people up against a trailer and beating them for drug money. I'd love to see where he grew up and what his parents/guardians are like.

Wow, a tattoo of an anime character! That's awesome bro!

<36>
So you gonna answer the question or what?
What does blackest mean? What does blackest white person mean?
Perry doesn't act black. He acts ignorant. He doesn't even act street. Anyone who acts like Perry in the streets in the real world wouldn't make it to 20. He's only been acting up in classier establishments around people who aren't going to punch him back.

D1ZzjjqXgAAM0uy.jpg

Thank you for the clarification, internet forum PC Police Officer.

Eh. I’m not a PC guy really, but I agree with the guy you’re responding to on this one. Using an ethnic identity as a synonym for a characteristic stereotype associated with that ethnic identity seems harmless but it’s one more thing that reinforces the dumb notion that ethnic groups are all so different from one another, which is at the root of so many dumb things about the world. And it would be such an easy thing not to do.

People should watch Fullmetal Alchemist, Monster, or Promised Neverland before they voice their outdated opinions on anime lol. Like do they think Rick and Morty and South Park are kids shows because they're animated? Anime is simply a medium but some people think Sailor Moon and Pokémon is the entire compendium lol.

Real talk , Monster is an awesome and underrated anime that every person should know about.

Back