bostonmma

Gold Belt
Reaction score
Mike Oliver 121.5 Reynaldo Lopez 121
Aaron Torres 147 Antoine Smith 148
Sean Eklund 141 Jose Velasquez 137
Eddie Caminero 161 Adrick Butler 158
Luis Rosario 127 Frankie Trader 130

Live from Boston it's top light-feather contender Mike Oliver is in yet another title eliminator this time against former challenger Reyaldo Lopez. The IBF has been yanking Oliver around, making him face eliminator after eliminator, and they refuse to force a fight between Oliver and our own golden boy Steve Molitor. Now an Oliver/Molitor would feature 2 of the most feather-fisted fighters, but they are both lightning fast and would be a very interesting fight. The undercard is very weak and the only fighter of note is Sean Eklund aka Micky Ward's nephew. Fights on at 9, enjoy.

WAR MIKE MIKE! Kid is nasty, seen him in the ring and he can bang.

I'm hoping to be able to watch this tonight, but I'll be in the office. So, hopefully someone can post what's going on in this thread.

Mike Oliver 121.5 Reynaldo Lopez 121
Aaron Torres 147 Antoine Smith 148
Sean Eklund 141 Jose Velasquez 137
Eddie Caminero 161 Adrick Butler 158
Luis Rosario 127 Frankie Trader 130

Live from Boston it's top light-feather contender Mike Oliver is in yet another title eliminator this time against former challenger Reyaldo Lopez. The IBF has been yanking Oliver around, making him face eliminator after eliminator, and they refuse to force a fight between Oliver and our own golden boy Steve Molitor. Now an Oliver/Molitor would feature 2 of the most feather-fisted fighters, but they are both lightning fast and would be a very interesting fight. The undercard is very weak and the only fighter of note is Sean Eklund aka Micky Ward's nephew. Fights on at 9, enjoy.

Holy smokes! Oliver got whacked!

You slowing down, Boston. This should have been posted a while ago.

looks like we'll get to see some of that weak undercard

Goodnight, Mr. Oliver. That was a serious punch for a 121 pounder.

You slowing down, Boston. This should have been posted a while ago.

I looked at my monitor here at work, looked back and saw Oliver standing in his corner. I thought, "Man, he doesn't look too happy to have won." Then I saw Lopez and I realized what happened. When I saw the punch that KOed Oliver, I almost said "Damn!" out loud, ala Ron Simmons.

Fuck... I didn't even see it happen. That is why I said Boston was slowing down. I would have marked this down on my calender.

If it's any consolation, there's a replay at 3 a.m. if you want to DVR it.

I feel bad for Oliver .. was looking forward to seeing him fight for a strap. Nothing like a face first knockout though.

Yeah, he has some rebuilding to do.

I thought it was a decent night of Boxing. Alot of these "suppose to win" boxers are losing to guys they shoulda beat lately. They might as well just fight a dangerous opponent lol.

That was a CRAZY knockout. Always sort of fun to see guys that think champs are ducking them get totally humbled.

That was a CRAZY knockout. Always sort of fun to see guys that think champs are ducking them get totally humbled.

When you win an eliminator and don't get the fight you'd be pretty upset too.

Of course Oliver is a victim of circumstance, but IMO this fight does shed some light on why the title fight probably wasn't the best move for the IBF and Molitor.

Of course Oliver is a victim of circumstance, but IMO this fight does shed some light on why the title fight probably wasn't the best move for the IBF and Molitor.

Hindsight is a motherfucker and Molitor isn't known for packing a punch anyway. Oliver > 3K Battery .. don't put him in an eliminator fight if you're not planning on giving him his shot.

I understand guys getting put on hold for unification bouts or even big money fights but I don't think there was a huge demand for Molitor Vs. 3K Battery.

There isn't really huge demand for Molitor vs anyone.

Canada, and all.

There isn't really huge demand for Molitor vs anyone.

Canada, and all.

That's exactly my point. Castillo & 3K were less worthy of challenging for the title.

Oliver is a victim of circumstance and that it that he posed to be an unexciting fight and could've possibly caused some problems. To think that the IBF saw something in him that was suddendly exposed in his fight tonight is a joke.

Back